Author Topic: Excellent Porzingis Article - Changing Narratives  (Read 1096 times)

Excellent Porzingis Article - Changing Narratives
« on: November 14, 2023, 10:41:17 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933
https://www.nydailynews.com/2023/11/14/kristaps-porzingis-solo-nba-spotlight-knicks-celtics/

It’s a nice article really highlighting the growth of KP. More and more it feels like KP is changing the narrative around him and that his reputation was largely a false narrative. I found this quote to be especially insightful and humble for a player of his caliber:

Porzingis says he’s “much more effective” as a third or fourth option on a true contender in Boston than he was as No. 1 and 2 options in previous stints in New York, Dallas and Washington, D.C.

“Honestly, I still play pretty much the same. There might be some games when I don’t get as many shots or things like that, but honestly I’m much more effective now than when I was shooting 18 shots per game,” he said on Monday. “So I’m comfortable in this role also. And there’s going to be different games and different situations, and I’m going to be ready to step up or be there support these guys, and that’s why I’m here.”

Since being here, KP has come off as genuine and humble and focused on winning. Hopefully this continues.

Re: Excellent Porzingis Article - Changing Narratives
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2023, 11:05:34 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar
https://www.nydailynews.com/2023/11/14/kristaps-porzingis-solo-nba-spotlight-knicks-celtics/

It’s a nice article really highlighting the growth of KP. More and more it feels like KP is changing the narrative around him and that his reputation was largely a false narrative. I found this quote to be especially insightful and humble for a player of his caliber:

Porzingis says he’s “much more effective” as a third or fourth option on a true contender in Boston than he was as No. 1 and 2 options in previous stints in New York, Dallas and Washington, D.C.

“Honestly, I still play pretty much the same. There might be some games when I don’t get as many shots or things like that, but honestly I’m much more effective now than when I was shooting 18 shots per game,” he said on Monday. “So I’m comfortable in this role also. And there’s going to be different games and different situations, and I’m going to be ready to step up or be there support these guys, and that’s why I’m here.”

Since being here, KP has come off as genuine and humble and focused on winning. Hopefully this continues.
Article is GDPR'd for me, what's the narrative around Kristaps? As an empty stats guy?
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2023, 11:09:02 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2407
I remember when Melo was traded. Porzingis was unhappy. He much preferred playing alongside Melo than without him. He liked having someone to share the load offensively. Someone to attract the defensive attention so they were not all loaded up on him. That life was much more difficult for him without Melo than it had been with Melo.

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2023, 03:05:54 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

He plays the way he talks .

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2023, 03:51:37 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
I've been saying this all along.  I think it was pretty clear that Porzingis wasn't happy to be traded to DAL, wasn't happy to be traded to WAS, but was very happy to be traded to BOS.  Everything he did and said seemed to confirm this.  Now you can just see how comfortable he looks on the court with Boston, it is very clear.

This is his chance to change the trajectory of his legacy.  I think he gets that.