Author Topic: Reports: Pelicans will never trade Davis to the Lakers  (Read 10234 times)

Reports: Pelicans will never trade Davis to the Lakers
« on: March 14, 2019, 02:29:04 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
A trade between the New Orleans Pelicans and Los Angeles Lakers involving Anthony Davis is very unlikely to take place, according to Marc J. Spears.

"I have been told that there’s no way Anthony Davis is coming here, through the Pelicans. They’re just not going to do it," said Spears while filming for ESPN.

Michael Wilbon added that he also heard a similar sentiment.

The Pelicans and Lakers each accused the other team of leaking information during their trade negotiations before the deadline, with Magic Johnson adding that the Pelicans of not negotiating in good faith

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2019/03/13/report-no-way-pelicans-will-trade-anthony-davis-to-lakers/
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 07:37:48 PM by CelticsElite »

Re: Reports: Pelicans will never trade Davis to the Lakers
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 03:31:39 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Taking Pop's advice. Nice.

Also, not as much of an enticing package from the Lakers now with recent injury problems going on.

The Celtics should be frontrunners but they have other competition, such as whoever lands Zion Williamson could be flipped.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 05:23:12 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Anything that lowers the price for Davis is good news.  Let's hope a rebuilding team wins the lottery and wants Zion. 

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 06:18:12 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Anything that lowers the price for Davis is good news.  Let's hope a rebuilding team wins the lottery and wants Zion.

I think a team wpuld be foolish to trade zion. He would be on a rookie contract and controllable for years.

Now the price for Davis, imo, is Tatum, the memphis pick, the Clippers pick, Boston pick 2020 and filler

Let Cs still draft this season. Would hate to miss out on some cheap depth with loads of potential.

Little at the sac pick
Fernando or reid at the boston pick

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2019, 06:21:21 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Lakers win the lottery this position might change, but I mean why would the Pelicans trade with the Lakers when there are going to be much better offers available, especially now that Ingram has a clot and Ball isn't going to play the rest of the year.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2019, 06:30:53 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512

I think a team wpuld be foolish to trade zion. He would be on a rookie contract and controllable for years.

Now the price for Davis, imo, is Tatum, the memphis pick, the Clippers pick, Boston pick 2020 and filler

Let Cs still draft this season. Would hate to miss out on some cheap depth with loads of potential.

Little at the sac pick

For “filler” we are going to need a good chunk of more salary.  A S&T of Rozier would certainly help and what I’m hoping for, and I hope they sign someone soon to a 2 MLE deal.

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2019, 06:42:07 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

Little at the sac pick

Celts need a player the caliber of Davis more than they need cheap depth.

Not to mention, Davis fills a need at the center position. I am not crazy about trading for a player with only 1 year of control but it's a risk you take when you need more talent.

Regardless of what happens this year, next season the Celts need MUCH, MUCH better structure with defined roles. If we can get Davis and clear up our logjam at small forward, I am all forward.

If we don't get Davis, but can acquire a center while clearing up the small forward logjam, I am all for that too.

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2019, 06:44:51 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
well if i'm any team trying to get him I now know it will only be for a season. low ball offers only unless we get a sign and trade.

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2019, 08:26:05 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
hard to believe all this hate for the Lakers .

they deserve to be great every year .   

:police:

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2019, 08:32:18 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
If bron win a title next year it will have to be with Beal and Cousins as his best players.  They gonna want more than 1 year deals too.  Magic is up the creek , stuck will a 35 year old diva.

I dont think KD , Kyrie , Leonard , Thompson are walking though that door to play " Bron" ball and second fiddle .  Davis might go there but it won't be next year. 

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2019, 08:53:31 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I don’t believe that they’d never do it.

For instance, Zion + Kuzma + Ball + pick.

NOP would probably take that.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2019, 09:17:48 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144

Little at the sac pick

For “filler” we are going to need a good chunk of more salary.  A S&T of Rozier would certainly help and what I’m hoping for, and I hope they sign someone soon to a 2 MLE deal.

Yeah, I am assuming Rozier and some sort of MLE player, I dont think I have ever heard of 2 players both signed and traded before,

But
Tatum
Marcus Morris
Terry Rozier
Markieff Morris (MLE player)
Memphis Pick
LAC Pick
Boston pick 2020

for
Davis
Moore

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2019, 09:26:47 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
They might be shooting themselves in the foot here but its also a motto that I have zero problem with. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2019, 09:41:16 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I don’t believe that they’d never do it.

For instance, Zion + Kuzma + Ball + pick.

NOP would probably take that.
Ball's having health issues and it's been put out there that he has no interest in playing in NO (possibly meaning turning down his QO when offered so he becomes a UFA sooner to go where he/Lavar wishes) so I would suspect that deal wouldn't be sufficient.   That and the fact LA has caused a lot of disruption to their team should make NO want LA to pay far more dearly than that.

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2019, 09:44:48 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Little at the sac pick

Yeah, I am assuming Rozier and some sort of MLE player, I dont think I have ever heard of 2 players both signed and traded before,

But
Tatum
Marcus Morris
Terry Rozier
Markieff Morris (MLE player)
Memphis Pick
LAC Pick
Boston pick 2020

for
Davis
Moore
not going to do 2 S&T players in that deal and Markieff is still with OKC so that's not happening.

I'm not sure who they could snag as the salary filler with the MLE at this point but it's looking more and more like Smart is going out the door in that deal as the primary salary filler.