Author Topic: Langford Out for Remainder of Season  (Read 4981 times)

Langford Out for Remainder of Season
« on: September 22, 2020, 02:53:04 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Poor kid.

Boston Celtics
@celtics
#NEBHInjuryReport Romeo Langford this morning underwent successful surgery to repair the scapholunate ligament in his right wrist.

He will miss the remainder of the 2019-20 NBA season. Further updates will be provided as appropriate.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Re: Langford Out for Remainder of Season
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2020, 02:54:57 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Poor kid.

Boston Celtics
@celtics
#NEBHInjuryReport Romeo Langford this morning underwent successful surgery to repair the scapholunate ligament in his right wrist.

He will miss the remainder of the 2019-20 NBA season. Further updates will be provided as appropriate.

Wow, too bad. I just posted to get update on him.  I really thought he could contribute in short stints, especially with his ability to guard well multiple positions.

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2020, 03:24:15 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Wow.  That's a lot of damage for that cameo appearance.  Bummer.
Yup

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2020, 03:24:20 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
The right hand/wrist seems to be an issue.  Seems like an indication they want to get this done as early as possible so that he can be ready as early as possible for next season (when ever that ends up being).

Other than the durability, I liked what I saw from him this season.  These rookies are just too young these days.  Their bodies are often just not ready for the NBA.

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2020, 03:28:03 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I really hope he can get back of part of the off-season he has shown a lot of potential and I think he is ready for an expanded role next season. Pre-bubble I was anticipating Langford taking Wannamaker's minutes next season but a lost off-season could change that. Langford's injury history, positional value, and the benifits of wing depth have me thinking more and more that Josh Green could be the Cs pick at #14.   
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2020, 05:25:40 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 442
Definitely a bummer, but getting surgery done early is a good idea if it helps him be ready for next season. Agree with the sentiments above - I really liked what I saw out of him this past season.

* Very rugged, tough defender who didn't really even get pushed around in the paint when boxing bigger players out. He must have a really strong base, hips down.

* Was also surprised at how well he defended multiple positions - physical defender.

* I'm not sure he'll ever be a great "shooter" but his ability to go to the hole with either hand, a reasonable mid range game and also a reasonable free throw percentage suggest he could become an OK shooter and decent scorer in time.  Combine that with the solid D and he could become a good role player   

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2020, 06:43:36 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Wow.  That's a lot of damage for that cameo appearance.  Bummer.
Fairly certain he injured this either at the end of the season or against Philly. He was just going to play through it.

Hopefully by next year his body will be more suited to the NBA game. He just clearly wasn’t physically ready for the NBA
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2020, 07:15:19 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Injury prone? I think so.

As outlined in the article, he’s had several significant injuries just in the last year. I think that’s a bit more than bad luck.

I certainly feel bad for him, and hope he fully recovers from the latest injuries and becomes a big contributor, but I’m not holding my breath while waiting for him to become healthy and stay healthy.

Boston, I guess, has the luxury of waiting on Langford, as there are several great wing players ahead of him on the depth chart, so no need to rush him. That said, I don’t know how much he’ll be able to develop playing behind Tatum, Brown, and Hayward.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2020, 07:18:37 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I think they were keeping him on until Hayward got back, as they were shorthanded as is. Now they are able to let him get the treatment he needed.

Tough rookie season for him, reminds me of Bradley's rookie year.

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2020, 07:22:33 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Rachel Nichols mentioned at the time of his injury that he was done for the year.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2020, 07:29:51 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Hoperully not made out of glass. He needs to comeback next season at 100 percent health

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2020, 08:11:29 AM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
Wish we had won that coin toss with Miami and got 13th pick instead....Herro would certainly look good in Green

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2020, 09:26:52 AM »

Offline G-Bones

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 89
I think Langford may be a better long term prospect than Herro.  Sure, Herro is a nice offensive player, but being short-armed may limit his ability on defense.  Langford’s defensive potential is promising. If he can get his shooting stroke corrected, then he will be the better player.

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2020, 09:38:34 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
I think Langford may be a better long term prospect than Herro.  Sure, Herro is a nice offensive player, but being short-armed may limit his ability on defense.  Langford’s defensive potential is promising. If he can get his shooting stroke corrected, then he will be the better player.

Let's hope so because Herro is screaming " solid 10-15 year veteran NBA rotation guy" to me.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2020, 09:53:03 AM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
Also Timelord is going to be much better than Bam in the next couple years lol. 😂