Author Topic: Is Green starting to earn his paycheck?  (Read 11103 times)

Re: Is Green starting to earn his paycheck?
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2013, 09:25:52 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
New article by Jackie about Jeff

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/8949730/jeff-green-flourishing-boston-celtics-harness-energy

We've heard it again and again, but reading it, just crazy what he has come back from.  I like the quotes in here from him, about how he likes playing with Pierce vs just replacing him via a sub.  Really good stuff.
Also, note the part where he's been told it will be 2 years before he fully recovers from the surgery.

Yeah pretty crazy.  Also says he will have days where he is just exhausted or days where he has inexplicable pains.

I've mentioned my father had the same surgery, at a much older age of course, but had to deal with these exact things.  It takes a lot of time.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2013, 09:37:25 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I'd hate to see him go, but I feel like if Danny is going to make some kind of splashy trade before the deadline, it will almost surely have to involve Jeff Green.  He's looking like our biggest asset outside of Pierce, Garnett, and Rondo right now (and I don't think those guys are going anywhere).
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2013, 09:44:52 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
New article by Jackie about Jeff

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/8949730/jeff-green-flourishing-boston-celtics-harness-energy

We've heard it again and again, but reading it, just crazy what he has come back from.  I like the quotes in here from him, about how he likes playing with Pierce vs just replacing him via a sub.  Really good stuff.
Also, note the part where he's been told it will be 2 years before he fully recovers from the surgery.

Yeah pretty crazy.  Also says he will have days where he is just exhausted or days where he has inexplicable pains.

I've mentioned my father had the same surgery, at a much older age of course, but had to deal with these exact things.  It takes a lot of time.

Makes you wonder what was going on with Green a couple of games ago when he was in the 3rd/4th quarter holding his chest for a while as if in pain on the bench.

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2013, 10:31:39 AM »

Offline yagru

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 12
I really love what Jeff has been doing lately. I would love to see him start next year. It looks like he's really close to putting the pieces together to be an impact night in and night out. If its true about his recovery issues, then that explains alot. Either way I think if he keeps playing well that he is a keeper.

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2013, 10:34:03 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Jeff Green is starting to up his trade value.  I would do a Green(and parts) for Josh Smith trade in a nanosecond.

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2013, 10:49:00 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Jeff Green is starting to up his trade value.  I would do a Green(and parts) for Josh Smith trade in a nanosecond.
We have no parts. Last time I checked, our roster consisted of 9 healthy players and Fab Melo.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2013, 10:58:41 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
We have no parts. Last time I checked, our roster consisted of 9 healthy players and Fab Melo.

If you trade Green for Smith you'd have to assume that we'd probably re-sign Smith this summer, meaning it's a trade for the long term and not just this year, meaning that we'd be looking to start Rondo/Pierce/Smith/KG/sg. In that case players like Lee and Terry (or possibly Bradley) would be "parts".

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2013, 11:04:39 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
One word

Yes

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2013, 11:06:55 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

If you trade Green for Smith you'd have to assume that we'd probably re-sign Smith this summer, meaning it's a trade for the long term and not just this year, meaning that we'd be looking to start Rondo/Pierce/Smith/KG/sg. In that case players like Lee and Terry (or possibly Bradley) would be "parts".

My preference would be Green and Bass.  The problem is finding (likely a 3rd) team to take Bass.  Lee or Terry would work also, but I'd be real hesitant to do that.

I'm not sure a lineup of Bradley/Lee or Terry/Pierce/Smith/KG could do much this year without any bench to speak of.

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2013, 11:32:30 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

When I say we have "no parts" I quite literally mean that we can't dispense of any warm bodies because we can't really sign replacements. It's not a figurative statement about having parts with actual trade value.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2013, 11:41:56 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Yup.

And if he keeps going like this for 8-9 mill a year it will arguably be a bargain contract.

I'm not moving him before the trade deadline.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2013, 12:02:05 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Pretty humorous how every thread turns into one about Josh Smith.

How has Josh Smith ever earned his paycheck? Immature. Lazy. Dim. Thug. No thanks.

I seriously doubt either team would be all that interested in swapping the two players...

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2013, 12:04:13 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

When I say we have "no parts" I quite literally mean that we can't dispense of any warm bodies because we can't really sign replacements. It's not a figurative statement about having parts with actual trade value.

It would depend on the trade, wouldn't it? If we sent out more salary than we took in we could probably sign more players. Vet min players, but players nonetheless.

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2013, 12:09:53 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

It would depend on the trade, wouldn't it? If we sent out more salary than we took in we could probably sign more players. Vet min players, but players nonetheless.
Only theoretically possible if you trade Green + Bass. Otherwise, you're pretty much tacking on an extra player for each minimum salary slot you'd like to open, which is just a lateral move.

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2013, 12:33:00 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Green has an efficiency rating of 15.43 for our 7 games in February:-))

Smitty77

So, I would say yes.