Author Topic: Patriots 2020 Season  (Read 76841 times)

Re: Patriots 2020 season
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2020, 06:35:20 PM »

Offline Spilling Green Dye

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 115
I live in Tampa and have thought the Bucs would be a great fit for Brady, except for one thing:  He typically doesn't play well in really hot stadiums (esp. Miami).  And it's crazy hot here for the first 10 games of the season.  Other than that I'd love to have him here... incredible weapons (Chris Godwin sometimes goes to my gym b/c his wife works out there), good coach, and a run defense that will prevent the opposing team from bleeding the clock... which means Brady could have plenty of time with the ball.

As much as I love the Pats, I'm kind of routing for Brady to have 2 or 3 years of success somewhere else.  It's his only chance to experience it in his career, and he deserves it.

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2020, 08:20:08 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Wow, Kyle Van Noy got PAID. 4/51M to Miami

Happy for him honestly. Thanks for everything KVN. I also loved how he defended Brady and the Pats often against all the haters in the media.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2020, 12:46:24 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
Wow, Kyle Van Noy got PAID. 4/51M to Miami

Happy for him honestly. Thanks for everything KVN. I also loved how he defended Brady and the Pats often against all the haters in the media.

I'm prepared to see Van Noy not do so well next season outside of the Patriots system. Ditto for Jamie Collins. It irks me a bit that these guys become something in New England and then cash in elsewhere. But anyway, success next season depends mainly on whether Brady returns; Stidham or anyone else at QB and the Pats will go nowhere.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

Pats cut Gostkowski
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2020, 04:51:06 PM »

Offline President Red

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 40

Re: Pats cut Gostkowski
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2020, 04:53:09 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Bill better have someone good lined up, because last year's kicking situation was a disaster. Maybe he drafts someone?
I'm bitter.

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2020, 05:08:01 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Bill better have someone good lined up, because last year's kicking situation was a disaster. Maybe he drafts someone?
47 year old Adam Vinatieri is available

Maybe bill will bring him back to show tom who the real Super Bowl mvp was ? Lol maybe he calls up teddy next. We already got hoyer  back

« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 05:14:36 PM by CelticsElite »

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2020, 05:30:38 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28943576/patriots-release-kicker-stephen-gostkowski-14-seasons

Man, this really does feel like the end of an era/dynasty  :(

Regardless how you felt about him the past season, Ghost was another huge part of the dynasty. All-time leader in points for the Pats. It's actually amazing how lucky we were to go from Vinatieri to another Hall of Fame kicker in Gostkowski.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2020, 05:49:45 PM »

• Satch Sanders
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28943576/patriots-release-kicker-stephen-gostkowski-14-seasons

Regardless how you felt about him the past season, Ghost was another huge part of the dynasty. All-time leader in points for the Pats. It's actually amazing how lucky we were to go from Vinatieri to another Hall of Fame kicker in Gostkowski.

It blows my mind to realize that Ghost has been here for so long—in New England even longer than Vinatieri was.

Hopefully Bill can find a solid kicker in the draft.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2020, 06:26:11 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509

It blows my mind to realize that Ghost has been here for so long—in New England even longer than Vinatieri was.

Yeah, Gostkowski still seems like the kid who replaced Vinatieri a few years ago.  Great career even if it ends now.  It’s possible to get him back when he heals from surgery.  Hope he’ll want to.

Kinda glad that the end of the era is taking a backseat to more important things.  Gives some perspective to what matters.  If football is back in August/September which is highly questionable, I’ll be all in on Stidham (or whoever) and I’ll work toward indifference when it comes to the former QB.  Can’t recall his name.

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2020, 07:06:31 PM »

• Satch Sanders

Yeah, Gostkowski still seems like the kid who replaced Vinatieri a few years ago.  Great career even if it ends now.  It’s possible to get him back when he heals from surgery.  Hope he’ll want to.

Kinda glad that the end of the era is taking a backseat to more important things.  Gives some perspective to what matters.  If football is back in August/September which is highly questionable, I’ll be all in on Stidham (or whoever) and I’ll work toward indifference when it comes to the former QB.  Can’t recall his name.

I keep thinking the same thing about Ghost—"He's been here only a few years."

As for Hoyer, he isn't starter level, so they might as well throw Stidham into the fire (unless they land an even better prospect in this year's draft).

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2020, 07:20:09 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509

I keep thinking the same thing about Ghost—"He's been here only a few years."

As for Hoyer, he isn't starter level, so they might as well throw Stidham into the fire (unless they land an even better prospect in this year's draft).

You may have missed my bad humor attempt.  The one I can't recall -- his first name is Tom.

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2020, 07:23:29 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Ghost really was a good servant of the team. Routinely clutch for a decade or so. Besides his last 1.5 years you never thought he’d miss in the important stages.

Guess we’re tanking for Trevor Lawrence? Lol
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2020, 07:46:45 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
47 year old Adam Vinatieri is available

Maybe bill will bring him back to show tom who the real Super Bowl mvp was ? Lol maybe he calls up teddy next. We already got hoyer  back

I would 100% take Vinatieri back. Even at his age he's a better kicker than the junk heap guys we brought in last year
I'm bitter.

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2020, 07:34:31 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Ghost really was a good servant of the team. Routinely clutch for a decade or so. Besides his last 1.5 years you never thought he’d miss in the important stages.

It wouldn't be the worst idea in the world. But I just don't see Bill ever bottoming out to the level needed to get the first pick in the draft. Even if he started Stidham 16 games, I could see 5-7 wins from coaching. That's too many when we are talking about #TankforTrevor
#JKJB

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2020, 07:50:46 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

It wouldn't be the worst idea in the world. But I just don't see Bill ever bottoming out to the level needed to get the first pick in the draft. Even if he started Stidham 16 games, I could see 5-7 wins from coaching. That's too many when we are talking about #TankforTrevor
Ha, yeah. Curse Bill and his genius!

Maybe Stidham balls out, who knows
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)