Author Topic: Celtics (25-16) at Magic (17-24) Game #42 1/12/19  (Read 24884 times)

Re: Celtics (25-16) at Magic (17-24) Game #42 1/12/19
« Reply #345 on: January 13, 2019, 12:52:29 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Rozier and Brown catching a lot of flack, but what about Tatum? He's clearly seems frustrated with his diminished role coasting in and out of games. He bought all the hype from last year's play-offs and hasn't been able to get back in line ever since.

« Reply #346 on: January 13, 2019, 01:12:07 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Rozier and Brown catching a lot of flack, but what about Tatum? He's clearly seems frustrated with his diminished role coasting in and out of games. He bought all the hype from last year's play-offs and hasn't been able to get back in line ever since.

My only issue with Tatum is his overuse of the flashy Kobe style 4-second blender move for a difficult step back two.  I think when the Celtics are fastbreaking more (last year), we see less of this.  He is vulnerable to overusing this in half court sets.  I'd like him to take more threes and go to the free throw line more.  And when he takes twos take less time with the ball and do it with less dazzle dazzle, maybe even follow the shot to the hoop for possible rebound on occasion (impossible with fadeaway twos).
I think he'll be okay but he's better with a backcourt that is getting steals and running more than we do with Kyrie.  Kyrie is our best player but I agree with those who feel there are two teams bubbling inside this version of the Celtics.  They may have enough talent to win it all with brute force talent, but it might not be pretty or unified.  In any case, agree with thread on Baynes.  He is badly needed.

On Kyrie, I agree with Barkley, Kyrie needs the ball in his hands.  So we may drive our way to the finals behind an Allen Iverson type scorer but with more talent around him (thinking of Iverson's run to the finals) Remains to be seen if that talent will stand around kind of confused, or find a way to contribute.  The playoffs by themselves can light a fire under player's butts.  Might be motivation enough for guys who are frustrated to overcome their frustration, give full effort on D and follow Kyrie completely on Offense. 
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 01:24:05 PM by wiley »

« Reply #347 on: January 13, 2019, 02:38:58 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

How has Tatum's role been diminished exactly? The other guys I can buy, but not Tatum. His shot attempts and usage rate are up from last regular season, and on par with his playoff numbers. (13.7 shot attempts and a 23.3% usage rate in 35.9 minutes in the playoffs vs. 13.3 shot attempts and a 22.6% usage rate in 31 minutes this season). He of all people shouldn't be frustrated, he's getting plenty of opportunity but he's not rising to the occasion. I agree 100% that he's bought into his own hype - I said that early in the season. Everyone was so eager to give labels like "best player on the team" without him having to earn it. Say what you want about Kobe, but he put in the work.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #348 on: January 13, 2019, 02:40:56 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Rosier is playing out of position like a lot of these guys in rotation.  He has a good shot and should be a sg not a ball handler.  Same thing with brown.  Kid is not a sg.  Should be sf or pf.