Author Topic: Celtics (51-22) at Spurs (57-17) 3/31  (Read 113655 times)

Re: Celtics (51-22) at Spurs (57-17) 3/31
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2011, 09:06:36 AM »

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
What's the word on George Hill, didn't see him on the reserves?

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2011, 09:36:43 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
i'm particularly excited to see JO back in game action. Krstic has a way of making average centers look like all-stars on offense, and all-star centers look like all-time greats.
- LilRip

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2011, 09:43:27 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
TP FLCeltsFan and Thanks!

And Manu - you're a great player, indeed - but PLEASE behave tonight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNxiWES8G0o

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2011, 11:38:27 AM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11844
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
What's the word on George Hill, didn't see him on the reserves?
I originally had him starting because Parker was originally listed as out.  Then when they listed Parker as probable, I moved him to the starters and forgot to add Hill to the reserves.   It's as bad as playing musical chairs.  Who knows who will actually play tonight :P

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2011, 11:50:55 AM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32
Oh, from McDonald again:

As per earlier tweet, TP and Dice are in. Manu and Duncan are game-time. I'd guess all four play. RT @j21jwc Any updates on Manu's status?

http://twitter.com/#!/JMcDonald_SAEN/status/53242281720950784

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2011, 12:11:27 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
TP FLCeltsFan and Thanks!

And Manu - you're a great player, indeed - but PLEASE behave tonight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNxiWES8G0o
that is super funny!
Manu is awsome.

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2011, 12:12:44 PM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
tonight's game is a virtual no-win situation

if we win, we should have because Duncan is out, if we lose, the slide continues

the only "win" would be a blowout victory where everyone looks great

maybe a "moral" victory would be a loss where Jermaine looks good
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2011, 12:17:25 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

if we win, we should have because Duncan is out, if we lose, the slide continues

Who cares, a win is a win. I want to have HCA as much as possible in the playoffs and if we don't start winning we'll be the 3 seed.

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2011, 12:54:01 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 658
  • MASTER OF PANIC

Who cares, a win is a win. I want to have HCA as much as possible in the playoffs and if we don't start winning we'll be the 3 seed.

I expect a blowout loss tonight....10-15 points. I think tonight will pretty much lock them into a three seed. This team is disappointing right now and I don't think anything changes tonight or the next eight games. Tired of hearing about injuries and flipping a switch come playoff time. I just don't see it in this team. Their body language is awful and they look lost.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 01:03:05 PM by Fafnir »

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2011, 01:01:35 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
Official Report

Dan Crawford

Dan Crawford has been a referee in the NBA since the 1984-85 season. Prior to the NBA, Crawford officiated in high school for 12 years, 8 years at the collegiate level (MVC and CCAC) and 4 years in the CBA. He has officiated 1,600+ regular season games, 190+ play-off games and 18 NBA Finals games. After one of the games in Chicago in round 1 in 2008, there was some controversy when he was seen leaving the arena with his family all decked out in Chicago Bulls gear. The Celtics are 4-0 this season and are 6-4 over their last 10 game with Crawford officiating. The Spurs are 2-3 this season and 7-3 in their last 10 games with Crawford. Crawford is a homer ref with a home team W/L record of 46-17.

Tony Brothers

Tony Brothers started his NBA career 14 years ago. He has officiated 21 playoff games. Before landing in the NBA he acquired officiating experience in the CBA, college basketball and high school basketball in Virginia. There are several articles about what a terrible ref Brothers is and detailing his misdeeds. He has angered a lot of fans of just about every team because of bad calls, no calls, and one sided officiating. The Celtics are 3-1 this season and 6-4 in their last 10 games with Brothers on the court. The Spurs are 3-2 this season and 6-4 with Brothers in their last 10. His home W/L record this season is 35-23.

Violet Palmer

Violet Palmer is the only woman officiating in the NBA. She has been there for 11 seasons already. Before the NBA, she accumulated officiating experience including 1 season in the WNBA, 7 years of USA basketball, 2 years in the CBA and 8 years as a collegiate referee. At one time Violet was the worst ref in the league. In one game Cedric Maxwell was moved to urge her to go back into the kitchen because her calls were so bad. She has had Tommy close to exploding over the years as well. She's improved a lot over the years and is no longer the worst ref in the league (that honor goes to Bennett Salvatore) but she's still bad. Although, after getting a hug from Pierce after he ran into her in win over the Pacers, the Celtics took 20 more free throws than the Pacers. The Celtics are 2-1 this season and 6-4 over their last 10 games with Violet on the court. The Spurs are 0-3 this season and 6-4 over their last 10 with Violet. Her home W/L record this season is 32-21.

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2011, 01:03:52 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

I expect a blowout loss tonight....10-15 points. I think tonight will pretty much lock them into a three seed. This team is disappointing right now and I don't think anything changes tonight or the next eight games. Tired of hearing about injuries and flipping a switch come playoff time. I just don't see it in this team. Their body language is awful and they look lost.
Given that we're one ahead of the Heat in the loss column and have the tiebreaker losing a game to a good spurs team (minus Duncan so not that good) doesn't lock us into any seed.

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2011, 01:07:54 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
The Captain needs to hug Palmer before the game begins. Don't leave anything to chance. Beat the Spurs! ;)
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2011, 01:31:37 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
The Captain needs to hug Palmer before the game begins. Don't leave anything to chance. Beat the Spurs! ;)
Is this in reference to one of Pauls good games and getting to the line, in which he gave her a big ol man hug? think I remember that

Yeah I watch to many C's games LOL
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2011, 01:39:28 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
Is this in reference to one of Pauls good games and getting to the line, in which he gave her a big ol man hug? think I remember that

In the Pacers game before the last one, Pierce was running and ran into Violet and wrapped her up in a big hug to avoid her flying into the stands and getting hurt.  The Celtics took 20 more free throws in that game than the Pacers.  In every other game she has officiated, the Celtics took fewer free throws than their opponents.   I think bfm has a point.  Pierce needs to pull a Posey and give her a big old begin the game hug. 

« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2011, 01:41:43 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

In the Pacers game before the last one, Pierce was running and ran into Violet and wrapped her up in a big hug to avoid her flying into the stands and getting hurt.  The Celtics took 20 more free throws in that game than the Pacers.  In every other game she has officiated, the Celtics took fewer free throws than their opponents.   I think bfm has a point.  Pierce needs to pull a Posey and give her a big old begin the game hug.  
you guys are onto something I agree  ;D
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk