4 (23.5%)
Celtics
5 (29.4%)
Adam Silver 😂
4 (23.5%)
No one, this is a great [dang] trade!
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: Poll: Will the Celtics make a splash this offseason?  (Read 3493 times)

Re: Poll: Will the Celtics make a splash this offseason?
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2019, 10:40:02 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
This is clearly nothing more than speculation by the Bleacher Report, but they came up with a hypothetical scenario this summer where if Kyrie left, the Celts and Suns could explore a Tatum for Devin Booker trade.

The thought would be Smart would be the PG with Booker replacing Irving as the main scorer followed up with Brown, Hayward and Horford in the starting lineup (though assumingly Brown would likely come off the bench and Baynes would start.)

https://fadeawayworld.net/2019/04/21/celtics-and-suns-could-explore-jayson-tatum-devin-booker-swap-next-summer/

Isn’t Booker rated one of the worst defensive players in the league?

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2019, 11:31:33 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
kinda out of DA s hands

Depends on what the Diva Durrant decides and he is unpredictable.  And WHO gets Zion.

If Kyrie stays then big good things can happen. big splash.

Other wise Kyrie exits , Tatum stays and becomes the future and many smaller ripples happen.

Tatum stock rising ....Ingram stock falling.

Looks like a 50/50 toss up right now to me .

Will be interesting if Kyrie does and AD does not get moved to Boston...Probably a roster of:
Rozier
Tatum
Hayward
Brown
Horford
Smart
Baynes
maybe 3 first round rookies
Williams

Then decisions on Theis, Semi, Yabu

I cannot fathom any circumstance in which terry rozier remains a celtic.

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2019, 11:37:24 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
kinda out of DA s hands

Depends on what the Diva Durrant decides and he is unpredictable.  And WHO gets Zion.

Other wise Kyrie exits , Tatum stays and becomes the future and many smaller ripples happen.

Will be interesting if Kyrie does and AD does not get moved to Boston...Probably a roster of:
Rozier
Tatum
Hayward
Brown
Horford
Smart
Baynes
Williams

Yeah Im for Keeping Tatum , Smart and Brown Hayward and Williams . Al is not worth a big contract anymore .   Baynes on the cheap .

Drummond looks unhappy in Piston town.

I see Kanter play ... :-[

We need AD really really bad ,  no big to anchor .   We always rely on the old bigs who are almost done when they get to Boston. 

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2019, 11:54:35 PM »

RazzelnoDazzel

kinda out of DA s hands

Rozier
Tatum
Hayward
Brown
Horford
Smart
Baynes
Williams

Yeah Im for Keeping Tatum , Smart and Brown Hayward and Williams . Al is not worth a big contract anymore .   Baynes on the cheap .

Drummond looks unhappy in Piston town.

I see Kanter play ... :-[

We need AD really really bad ,  no big to anchor .   We always rely on the old bigs who are almost done when they get to Boston.

I’m on board with that. AD is a MUST! I promise to everywon that we will not need Tatum If we get AD. He solves soooo many issues and he will take the pressure off of Williams development. And Drummond is a no no, I just watched him get DESTROYED by the bucks. He couldn’t even score! His shots were just getting blocked time after time and he was missing lay ups. His D was also hardly existent.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 12:07:01 AM by RazzelnoDazzel »

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2019, 11:56:49 PM »

RazzelnoDazzel

kinda out of DA s hands

And with the Celtics young talents with all of their playoff success and clutch performances their stocks can easily skyrocket. All Tatum has to do is prove he can drop 30 and he will easily be the best player in this trade package.

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2019, 12:01:40 AM »

RazzelnoDazzel

I get the theory that Golden State would rather get something in return for KD than lose him for nothing. I don't think they go for this, considering Holiday is a bit of a weird fit in-between Curry and Klay.

That Perimeter would be Locked Right up with Jrue at the 2 and he can score and pass. I think he would make them intriguing as they will have at least 3 players who are All-Defense on the starting lineup. Hell they could look to sign DJ at the Center and they will really be locked in. Now Klay and Curry can really start scoring again.

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2019, 12:04:43 AM »

RazzelnoDazzel

This is clearly nothing more than speculation by the Bleacher Report, but they came up with a hypothetical scenario this summer where if Kyrie left, the Celts and Suns could explore a Tatum for Devin Booker trade.

The thought would be Smart would be the PG with Booker replacing Irving as the main scorer followed up with Brown, Hayward and Horford in the starting lineup (though assumingly Brown would likely come off the bench and Baynes would start.)

https://fadeawayworld.net/2019/04/21/celtics-and-suns-could-explore-jayson-tatum-devin-booker-swap-next-summer/

I don’t like that lineup at all. It doesn’t even look like a playoff team on paper and Hayward doesn’t even fit with the rest of that lineup. This offseason will be extremely interesting I know that much, but trading Tatum for Booker is a step backwards in my opinion. Yeah he can jack up some shots but that’s all regular season success.

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2019, 01:39:52 AM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
A "splash"? I believe the metaphor is fireworks. FIREWORKS!!!!!!

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2019, 08:13:58 PM »

RazzelnoDazzel

Interesting

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2019, 09:22:41 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
At the rate they're playing right now, here is the only splash we're making:

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2019, 09:36:09 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
All these Tatum trades are funny because I think his value went down this year.

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2019, 09:39:24 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I think Kyrie walks

Boston will make the picks or trade them to move up or for a vet. Build around the young guys

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2019, 09:40:24 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
If by "splash" you mean taking a step back and refocusing on a youth movement, yes.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2019, 09:41:40 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
One way or another, because I think ether we get Davis or Kyrie walks which itself is a sort of reverse splash. And honestly given all his talk and complete failure to back it up both as a leader and on the court I'd be fine with it.