Author Topic: This year's Big rotation better than last years  (Read 7344 times)

This year's Big rotation better than last years
« on: July 16, 2019, 01:15:03 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 Call me Oliver Optimistic.

This all hinges on if Tacko is on the team. No Tacko and I'm out on this idea.

Horford out Kanter in. Horford is better all around, defense is much better. However Kanter Is twice the rebounder and can actually score inside easily.

That inside scoring and Superior rebounding is really going to help the team and the lack of defense we can fill in with other players.

Like the Timelord. He's going to be a very useful player here. His passing is looking very good. Great shotblocker, lob catcher, and rebounder.

Morris out Grant Williams in. Most played fantastic the first half of the season but count me In I'm glad he's gone he's been replaced with Grant Williams an ultimate team guy the guy that's never going to go I so crazy will play defense with the combination of a he and Semi. I really don't think we're losing much at all.

Yabu out, Baynes out. 6'10" Vincent Pourier in. 7'7" Tacko Fall in.

Horford 6'8" 9' SR
Mook 6'7"
Baynes 6'10"
Bob Williams 6'10"
Theis 6'8"
Yabu 6'7"
Baynes 6'10"

Tacko 7'7" 10'2" SR 290 pounds
Timelord 6'10 7'5" wingspan 9'4" SR
Pourier 6'11"  7'3" wingspan
Kanter 6'10" 9'2" SR 260 pounds 7'2" WS
Theis 6'8"
Grant Williams 6'6" 6'11" WS 8'6" SR
Tatum 6'8" 9' SR

As you can see. What we lack in talent we make up in size and length. I'm exciting to see the bigger bigs playing this year.

but we better be keeping the biggest of all big or this guy's going to be unhappy. Cheers big guys.

Re: This year's Big rotation better than last years
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 01:43:30 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
With no Horford this year last years was clearly better. I don't think its close. Maybe if Williams takes a huge step forward with his defense but even if he can give you close to what Horford did defense and passing wise he still doesn't have the stretch ability. Baynes and Kanter is close, just depends on what skils you want.

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 01:53:20 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
I want to see Tacko get some minutes in the G League and see how he goes against that level of competition before anointing him our savior. I'm not buying into Tacko Fever just yet 
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2019, 02:30:23 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Unless Tacko does develop into that Dikembe-Wilt hybrid that one or two posters hope he does I don't think so. Horford was awesome for us, even if he was slowing down
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2019, 02:49:33 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
I want to see Tacko get some minutes in the G League and see how he goes against that level of competition before anointing him our savior. I'm not buying into Tacko Fever just yet 

You lack confidence in your scouting ability.

He's not shrinking, and he moves better than Rudy Gobert. Certainly Marc Gasol.

Think about how many deep two pointers he will force the opponents to take.

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2019, 02:50:39 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
Unless Tacko does develop into that Dikembe-Wilt hybrid that one or two posters hope he does I don't think so. Horford was awesome for us, even if he was slowing down

Whoever Brought up Wilt. That's just nonsense.

Mutumbo is completely reasonable comp.

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2019, 02:56:24 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Whoever Brought up Wilt. That's just nonsense.

Mutumbo is completely reasonable comp.
I think both are nonsense, unless people are thinking of Mutumbo as purely the highest of high ceilings for Tacko.

I get that Mutumbo was a late bloomer too, but Dikembe is a top-5 big-man defender of all time. I don't think "reasonable" is the right term

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2019, 03:01:41 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
@KGLL we lost Horford and Baynes. You are expecting way too much from the rookies.

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2019, 03:43:44 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Baynes was solid when healthy. Baynes played in 50 games and Went. 5 ppg 5 RPG.

Robert Williams will be better than that guaranteed.

Horford was solid. That traitor. However at 30 million per year and aging I'm not upset about it.

Horford 13.7 ppg 6.7rpg 4.2apg 1.5 bpg

Grant Williams is Horford 3" shorter. Grant will put up 8ppg 4rpg 2apg 1bpg giving us around Half of Also production.

And Kanter will put up 10 ppg 10 RPG.

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2019, 05:25:01 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Happy big men lead to easy offense. Unfortunately the team never uses bigs the right way. Don't expect much from the group in this offense. On D they should be solid.

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2019, 06:11:58 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
NO
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2019, 06:41:30 AM »

Offline OhioGreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
While the "Wilt" comparison is certainly a stretch (no pun intended!), at the same point in their careers it's not preposterous!  Wilt was 7'0" 260 coming out of college.  Tacko 7'7" 310.  With the height difference, roughly equivalent.  Neither has a shot, can't shoot FT's, and score by "outbigging" their opponents.  Now as Wilt continued to develope physically, he became truly a beast, in a time where even seven footers were very rare.  He did develope his patented low post fall away bank shot and that served him very well over the years.  But I think we all tend to compare current Tacko with what Wilt turned out to be, instead of the player he was right out of school.
Can Tacko develope into more of that same kind of player?  Good question.  I think he has the mobility and athleticism to do it.  He's not some uncoordinated twig.  Let's give him some developmental time---WITH US---and see!  Go C's...Go Tacko!

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2019, 06:47:41 AM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620
Call me Oliver Optimistic.

This all hinges on if Tacko is on the team. No Tacko and I'm out on this idea.

Horford out Kanter in. Horford is better all around, defense is much better. However Kanter Is twice the rebounder and can actually score inside easily.

That inside scoring and Superior rebounding is really going to help the team and the lack of defense we can fill in with other players.

Like the Timelord. He's going to be a very useful player here. His passing is looking very good. Great shotblocker, lob catcher, and rebounder.

Morris out Grant Williams in. Most played fantastic the first half of the season but count me In I'm glad he's gone he's been replaced with Grant Williams an ultimate team guy the guy that's never going to go I so crazy will play defense with the combination of a he and Semi. I really don't think we're losing much at all.

Yabu out, Baynes out. 6'10" Vincent Pourier in. 7'7" Tacko Fall in.

Horford 6'8" 9' SR
Mook 6'7"
Baynes 6'10"
Bob Williams 6'10"
Theis 6'8"
Yabu 6'7"
Baynes 6'10"

Tacko 7'7" 10'2" SR 290 pounds
Timelord 6'10 7'5" wingspan 9'4" SR
Pourier 6'11"  7'3" wingspan
Kanter 6'10" 9'2" SR 260 pounds 7'2" WS
Theis 6'8"
Grant Williams 6'6" 6'11" WS 8'6" SR
Tatum 6'8" 9' SR

As you can see. What we lack in talent we make up in size and length. I'm exciting to see the bigger bigs playing this year.

but we better be keeping the biggest of all big or this guy's going to be unhappy. Cheers big guys.

Then you are out on the deal because Tacko will be on someone else's team come opening day.

Brad was already talking about the guy in past tense. He had a good summer league and is a fan favorite. Some team will scoop him up.
ok fine

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2019, 06:56:57 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
...This all hinges on if Tacko is on the team. ...

As you can see. What we lack in talent we make up in size and length. ...
Um, no.  There's nothing in this league to make up for a lack of talent.

Among all the bigs on last year's and this year's teams, Horford is BY FAR the best one, but you are telling me it all hinges upon a player who is unlikely to even make the team?

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2019, 06:58:53 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
While the "Wilt" comparison is certainly a stretch (no pun intended!), at the same point in their careers it's not preposterous!  Wilt was 7'0" 260 coming out of college.  Tacko 7'7" 310.  With the height difference, roughly equivalent.  Neither has a shot, can't shoot FT's, and score by "outbigging" their opponents.  Now as Wilt continued to develope physically, he became truly a beast, in a time where even seven footers were very rare.  He did develope his patented low post fall away bank shot and that served him very well over the years.  But I think we all tend to compare current Tacko with what Wilt turned out to be, instead of the player he was right out of school.
Can Tacko develope into more of that same kind of player?  Good question.  I think he has the mobility and athleticism to do it.  He's not some uncoordinated twig.  Let's give him some developmental time---WITH US---and see!  Go C's...Go Tacko!
Wilt at this stage was already an Olympic level track & field athlete with borderline inhuman strength for someone his age. Neither of those can describe Tacko.

Wilt had a near 50" vertical according to some! I think it certainly is preposterous