Author Topic: Bucks (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) Round 1 Game 1 4/15/18  (Read 68091 times)

Re: Bucks (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) Round 1 Game 1 4/15/18
« Reply #900 on: April 15, 2018, 05:09:07 PM »

Offline bellerephon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 52
I can't believe the TNT crew all pro Milwaukee and Kenny Smith saying it would be an "upset" if the Celts win the series. Unreal. Go Celts. Way to stick to it. Please Jaylen next time at least play marginal defense on Middleton 30 feet from the hoop. Great team win but Larkin can we sit him next time. He almost single handedly lost the game with his turnovers.

He has to play...we can only hope he gets more comfortable as the series gets to games 2-4.

Larkin actually played better in the second half. Rozier however Im not too sure what to make of him. He made huge plays to win the game but also made the game that close in the first place.

Terry struggled in the first half, but his shooting numbers were good overall, it happens. I'm more concerned about the defensive lapse that led to Brogdon's open 3, the Celts need to be very disciplined about that, they can't leave Middleton or Brogdon open for 3. The main problem was the second unit's atrocious second quarter, if they have even a mediocre quarter Celts win that game without too much trouble. I think it's fixable, I don't expect Larkin to throw the ball away that much again.

« Reply #901 on: April 15, 2018, 05:15:07 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I can't believe the TNT crew all pro Milwaukee and Kenny Smith saying it would be an "upset" if the Celts win the series. Unreal. Go Celts. Way to stick to it. Please Jaylen next time at least play marginal defense on Middleton 30 feet from the hoop. Great team win but Larkin can we sit him next time. He almost single handedly lost the game with his turnovers.

He has to play...we can only hope he gets more comfortable as the series gets to games 2-4.

Larkin actually played better in the second half. Rozier however Im not too sure what to make of him. He made huge plays to win the game but also made the game that close in the first place.

Terry struggled in the first half, but his shooting numbers were good overall, it happens. I'm more concerned about the defensive lapse that led to Brogdon's open 3, the Celts need to be very disciplined about that, they can't leave Middleton or Brogdon open for 3. The main problem was the second unit's atrocious second quarter, if they have even a mediocre quarter Celts win that game without too much trouble. I think it's fixable, I don't expect Larkin to throw the ball away that much again.
Agreed. That 2nd quarter the bench sucked and Stevens did next to nothing to stem the tide. Larkin was awful. Semi and Monroe were complete no shows.

« Reply #902 on: April 15, 2018, 05:22:11 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915
Was out with the kids today and didn't get to see the game.

Did I miss anything?

Mike

« Reply #903 on: April 15, 2018, 05:24:16 PM »

Offline bellerephon

• Jaylen Brown
This team is a bad match-up for Monroe I think. He might be able to score some on them, but their speed will really expose him on the defensive end. I tend to think they should not use Semi unless there is foul trouble and they need to have someone else defend Giannis for a few moments. There are enough other guys to rotate onto him.

« Reply #904 on: April 15, 2018, 05:24:39 PM »

Offline bellerephon

• Jaylen Brown

Did I miss anything?

Mike
No, boring game, don't even bother to watch the highlights.

« Reply #905 on: April 15, 2018, 05:33:09 PM »

Offline feckless

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 93
Rozier I think generally plays better in the 2nd half.

In general his ball play has improved he moves the ball in the offense and seldom commits turnovers with the pass.  Drives and shot choices could improve.  He clearly outplayed Bledsoe.

Larkin the first half Jet Terry seemed to know exactly what Larkin was going to do with the ball every time?
Days up and down they come, like rain on a conga drum, forget most, remember some, don't turn none away.   Townes Van Zandt

« Reply #906 on: April 15, 2018, 05:35:29 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
We got to do better ...

I emptied the bottle of nerve pills

and this is only game one.

« Reply #907 on: April 15, 2018, 05:36:28 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703
Only thing that concerns me a bit after game 1 is, who on the Celtics could we reasonably expect to play better in game 2? Monroe, that's about it. Everyone else brought it, and we still barely got by in OT. Maybe we can hope Jaylen, Terry, and Tatum each kick it into another gear , but we can't expect them to do that.

The Bucks however, you could say that Bledsoe, Parker and Snell can all play much better next game. I guess we can also say Middleton won't always score 31 points on 12-20 shooting including a miracle three though.

« Reply #908 on: April 15, 2018, 05:37:13 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
We got to do better ...

I emptied the bottle of nerve pills

and this is only game one.

Better get to Canada and stock up before Game 2, lol ;D.

« Reply #909 on: April 15, 2018, 05:42:24 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

Did I miss anything?

Mike

Welp, I missed it, too.

« Reply #910 on: April 15, 2018, 05:44:37 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968

Did I miss anything?

Mike

Welp, I missed it, too.

thats 10 demerits.....minus 10 TP .....skipping the playoffs. .

we expect you here next game .   ;D

« Reply #911 on: April 15, 2018, 05:46:04 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703

Did I miss anything?

Mike

Welp, I missed it, too.

Plus 50 pushups , and run 10 sets of suicides!

« Reply #912 on: April 15, 2018, 05:47:43 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

Did I miss anything?

Mike

Welp, I missed it, too.

Lol, TPs for both of you ;D.

« Reply #913 on: April 15, 2018, 06:27:09 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

Did I miss anything?

Mike

Welp, I missed it, too.

Lol, TPs for both of you ;D.

Why you letting em off so lightly...I got my jet lagged self up at 7 am to watch the game. No slackers allowed the Cs need all the positive energy on the blog to get them through.

« Reply #914 on: April 15, 2018, 06:32:41 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Only thing that concerns me a bit after game 1 is, who on the Celtics could we reasonably expect to play better in game 2? Monroe, that's about it. Everyone else brought it, and we still barely got by in OT. Maybe we can hope Jaylen, Terry, and Tatum each kick it into another gear , but we can't expect them to do that.

The Bucks however, you could say that Bledsoe, Parker and Snell can all play much better next game. I guess we can also say Middleton won't always score 31 points on 12-20 shooting including a miracle three though.

Did you give up on Larkin, Brown, Tatum, and Rozier....Brown has a 39 point game in him this series. When the refs decide to call the fouls his step back J will be a killer. As for Tatum he really needs to ask Giannis what ster..... I mean strength..no I really mean ster.... Program he is on because if Tatum can build the type of muscle mass Giannis has been able to build in his upper body...WATCH OUT.