Author Topic: Daily Links  (Read 9201 times)

Daily Links
« on: June 11, 2011, 10:55:13 AM »

Online mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 618
The Daily Links used to be only Celtics related information. I really enjoyed having someone else do the leg work to look up all the information regarding the celtics on the internet. Now the Daily Links is filled with lots of other links about the Finals and other NBA information, and I have to do my own filtering. It seems rather pointless to have so much out of celtics context information to sort through. The Daily Links is more useful as a celtics related information gathering site only. Can we go back to celtics only Links?

Thanks for the hard work.

Re: Daily Links
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 08:18:09 AM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
thanks for the feedback but I disagree completely - the links provide quality content for what is relevant to Celtics fans right now, and for the last few weeks that has been the Finals

keep up the great work FLCeltsFan
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 11:16:30 AM »

Online mobilija

• Bailey Howell
Thanks for the response and I agree that FLCeltsfan puts in great work and appreciate his effort. However, the Daily Links has lost it's uniqueness and, for me, it's usefulness as a place where I can find all things regarding the Celtics without spending hours browsing various sites.

Not to long ago when the Celtics were an irrelevant bottom feeder, and I was jonesing for any Celtics news, the Daily Links provided me with  the resources to find any small tidbit of Celtics information. Now, it's just Mass Media, hardly different that visiting ESPN and I just skip over it.

Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way.

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 07:46:50 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
Now, it's just Mass Media, hardly different that visiting ESPN and I just skip over it.

i agree with u

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 07:59:25 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Thanks for the response and I agree that FLCeltsfan puts in great work and appreciate his effort. However, the Daily Links has lost it's uniqueness and, for me, it's usefulness as a place where I can find all things regarding the Celtics without spending hours browsing various sites.

Not to long ago when the Celtics were an irrelevant bottom feeder, and I was jonesing for any Celtics news, the Daily Links provided me with  the resources to find any small tidbit of Celtics information. Now, it's just Mass Media, hardly different that visiting ESPN and I just skip over it.

I understand not liking NBA links.  However, if you just want Celtics stories, can't you just pick and choose those ones?  It's usually pretty easy to tell which is which.

No other resource collates all the Celtics links around the web, to my knowledge.  Daily Links still provides that service, with an added benefit (for those who like it) of listing other stories, as well.

Different strokes for different folks, obviously.  Honestly, I'm just happy with whatever FLCeltsFan puts up there.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 08:29:11 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11842
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
I spend hours finding and posting the links each day.  I try to include articles that pertain to the NBA and basketball in general that would be of interest to Celtics fans.  I also try to include articles about rivals that would be of interest.   As far as recent links being about the finals, that's the news that's out there and many Celtics fans are interested in the Finals and articles about them.  Even the Globe and Herald only had finals related links. Nothing about the Celtics. 

I'll go with whatever the majority wants. If the majority wants only Celtics related links I can do that.  But it seems as though it would be easy to just look over the links and pick and choose which ones you want to read. 

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 09:05:14 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
I spend hours finding and posting the links each day.  I try to include articles that pertain to the NBA and basketball in general that would be of interest to Celtics fans.  I also try to include articles about rivals that would be of interest.   As far as recent links being about the finals, that's the news that's out there and many Celtics fans are interested in the Finals and articles about them.  Even the Globe and Herald only had finals related links. Nothing about the Celtics. 

I'll go with whatever the majority wants. If the majority wants only Celtics related links I can do that.  But it seems as though it would be easy to just look over the links and pick and choose which ones you want to read. 

You do a great job FL. Makes it so much each easier to read about whats happening around the league and about our team. TP for the thankless work.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 08:02:42 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
Just keep on doing what you do FL, I love it.  Thanks for  all the great work you put in. 

When the Celtics are not playing, NBA news from other teams does affect them...who may be traded, coaching changes, League news, etc., etc.   It is pretty easy to see which news is Celtics oriented and click on links....much easier than covering all the news outlets myself.

Maybe those who don't like the mix could just skip the links until the draft or until the season starts again and the  Celtics have more news to report. The off season always has me in a state of basketball withdrawal and deprivation, and any news at all helps...
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

Offline bballee

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 18
I love and appreciate, immensely, your efforts FLCeltsFan.  Can't believe people are carping about too much information.  Hey, would you not only dish up my plate, but cut up my vegetables, and chew it for me too, and while you are at it digest the meal because I'm too lazy to do that either.  I suppose the surprising thing is that those folks would take the energy to actually write at all.  Keep up the good, and valuable, work!

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2011, 09:04:25 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

You do a great job FL. Makes it so much each easier to read about whats happening around the league and about our team. TP for the thankless work.

These two legendary Big Men are in agreement with BFM.

Re: guy in desert ****ing about canteen not having ice?
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2011, 09:55:54 AM »

Online mobilija

• Bailey Howell
I love and appreciate, immensely, your efforts FLCeltsFan.  Can't believe people are carping about too much information.  Hey, would you not only dish up my plate, but cut up my vegetables, and chew it for me too, and while you are at it digest the meal because I'm too lazy to do that either.  I suppose the surprising thing is that those folks would take the energy to actually write at all.  Keep up the good, and valuable, work!

Hey, no need to get snarky. I just enjoyed the celtics centric Daily Links better. I don't need the full barrage of information, the Daily Links used to provide exactly what I was looking for (one of the main reasons I started coming to CelticsBlog), all the Celtics related information in one spot. I suppose it is still there, but now it is muddled in with all the other main stream news that I can get anywhere. Maybe, just cleaning it up a bit into categories would help "digest the meal", because as it is I find the meal just to large for my pallet. I'm largely a skimmer.

But I'm clearly in the minority. I appreciate the effort that is done with no reward other than TP's, so do whatever you want to FLceltsfan. I'm just making a suggestion and putting in my 2 cents.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 10:10:06 AM by mobilija »

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2011, 10:39:42 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I love and appreciate, immensely, your efforts FLCeltsFan.  Can't believe people are carping about too much information.  Hey, would you not only dish up my plate, but cut up my vegetables, and chew it for me too, and while you are at it digest the meal because I'm too lazy to do that either.  I suppose the surprising thing is that those folks would take the energy to actually write at all.  Keep up the good, and valuable, work!

Hey, no need to get snarky. I just enjoyed the celtics centric Daily Links better. I don't need the full barrage of information, the Daily Links used to provide exactly what I was looking for (one of the main reasons I started coming to CelticsBlog), all the Celtics related information in one spot. I suppose it is still there, but now it is muddled in with all the other main stream news that I can get anywhere. Maybe, just cleaning it up a bit into categories would help "digest the meal", because as it is I find the meal just to large for my pallet. I'm largely a skimmer.

But I'm clearly in the minority. I appreciate the effort that is done with no reward other than TP's, so do whatever you want to FLceltsfan. I'm just making a suggestion and putting in my 2 cents.

Which is fair enough. 
Yup

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2011, 08:41:19 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Which is fair enough. 

Yep.  I don't want people to feel discouraged from voicing opinions in the Comments & Remarks forum, even if those opinions aren't popular.  Feedback is very helpful in terms of seeing what's working, what isn't, and what mostly is but could be tweaked.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2011, 09:39:43 PM »

Online mobilija

• Bailey Howell

Which is fair enough. 

Yep.  I don't want people to feel discouraged from voicing opinions in the Comments & Remarks forum, even if those opinions aren't popular.  Feedback is very helpful in terms of seeing what's working, what isn't, and what mostly is but could be tweaked.

Thanks Redz and Roy, I appreciate the support of my voice, if not the support of my opinion.

And, even though this is pretty much a dead topic, bballee it wasn't as if I was asking for extra work to be done for me. I was actually suggesting that less work be done and that the Daily Links be simpler. Back to basics. Back to the reason I come on to CelticsBlog, for Celtics information.

Now there is hockey information in the Daily Links...

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2011, 11:04:02 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11842
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
I posted a poll on yesterday's links asking for input as I wanted to go with the majority opinion.  Only 21% of the votes were for only Celtics links.  As for there being hockey information today, just about every Celtics blog and Celtics news source had something on the Bruins championship. I only posted those links from Celtics blogs and the Celtics section of the Herald.   The majority of the links are still on the Celtics.  I spend a LOT of time gathering and posting links.  I try to include links that will be of interest to most Celtics fans.  The majority of the votes  in the poll were to include general basketball and rival team info.