Author Topic: ESPN Fab Five Documentary  (Read 30067 times)

Re: ESPN Fab Five Documentary
« Reply #75 on: May 26, 2011, 11:25:22 AM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
The new ESPN FAB FIVE:

Jalen Rose
jamele hill
Scoop Jackson
Michael Wilbon
Earvin Johnson

5 of the most inept, incoherent, uninformed, self-absorbed commentators in the history of professional sports.

But ESPN doesn't stop there.  They have a very deep bench of uninformed, inept, Stern-apologist commentators trying to crack the starting lineup.

Skip Bayless
steven i smith
J.A. Adande
Chris Broussard
Stuart Scott
Marc Stein

Re: ESPN Fab Five Documentary
« Reply #76 on: March 08, 2015, 09:52:06 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Watching this right now. Pretty good. I'm seeing the underdog aspect now. I never thought of them as underdogs at all, but I see how others could.

I see their frustrations with being treated differently or unfairly.

Kind of surprising to me that Mich never touts that Juwan Howard was the first athlete that left college early for the pros and still graduated on time.

I think the issue for them is they don't really seem to get that it's all 5 this 5 that. A team is more than 5 and maybe that's why they lost.  And based on the money they all took as fast as they could it seems to me they were mostly looking after numero uno.  I don't exactly fault them. I just kinda think of them as phonies in a manner of speaking. 

Now that their own kids are playing well I wonder if they want their own kids getting the privilege that they didn't have and that Duke kids had. Or if they look down on that still.