Author Topic: 2024 MLB Season  (Read 18125 times)

Re: 2023-24 MLB Offseason
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2024, 09:35:26 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
It looks like the Sox are starting to take a financial hit for being a last place team.  They're selling packages of 2 tickets + 2 franks + 2 sodas for $49.

That's a pretty good deal, but I'm sure you can get a similar deal on WooSox tickets. Plus an opportunity to see a win.
I'm bitter.

« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2024, 10:11:36 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
It looks like the Sox are starting to take a financial hit for being a last place team.  They're selling packages of 2 tickets + 2 franks + 2 sodas for $49.

Truck day already happened and yet there was absolutely zero buzz about it. Local news barely talked about it as well.

The Sox really have become irrelevant. As bad as the Pats were in 2023 they still generate more buzz and interest for sure
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2024, 11:05:17 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

Smells of desperation. Which is good. Hopefully people stay away from Fenway this season.

Yeah I don’t live in Boston area but hope the people that do stay away this season for the most part.

« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2024, 10:31:19 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

That's a pretty good deal, but I'm sure you can get a similar deal on WooSox tickets. Plus an opportunity to see a win.

Good zinger!

Seriously.  Isn’t that pretty much free tickets with the cost of dogs and sodas these days?
Yup

« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2024, 10:39:50 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Good zinger!

Seriously.  Isn’t that pretty much free tickets with the cost of dogs and sodas these days?

It's definitely dirt cheap for a "tier one" MLB franchise.  I should note that the promotion only applies in April and May, but that price is absolutely wild to me.  It clearly means they aren't selling tickets otherwise.

I say good.  If they're going to manage the team like the Pirates, they can get Pirates ticket prices.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2024, 11:07:00 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
I wonder how aware FSG is to the amount of damage they're doing or if they think that fans will just fork over the money and show up regardless of product?  It seems to be reaching a breaking point yet they seem more concerned with other projects than the Red Sox. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2024, 11:20:04 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321
I wonder how aware FSG is to the amount of damage they're doing or if they think that fans will just fork over the money and show up regardless of product?  It seems to be reaching a breaking point yet they seem more concerned with other projects than the Red Sox.

I think they are clearly concerned with Fenway Corner, the PGA, and other sports. They know that tourists will come during the summer regardless of their product on the field. While I'm trying to be optimistic that they're waiting for the prospects to develop before making a splurge, I think it's equally likely that they're going to make these investments then sell the franchise at a huge profit. This is one negative aspect of American capitalism- the dollar is more important than anything, including sports championships.

While I do love the 4 rings, I'd like a more sustainable product (like the Celtics and even Bruins).

« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2024, 06:54:32 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
There are already a ton of people within the Red Sox organization calling out Red Sox ownership, including Cora, Jansen, Dustin Pedroia, and Devers. YIKES. And no, it's not "reporting", these guys are literally saying it out loud in interviews and press conferences directly. Devers absolutely scorched them today.

I'm glad they are though. It's such a joke, the Sox ownership literally doesn't care about this team. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say they are close to the level of ineptitude with the A's ownership which is trying to get them to Vegas. That's how bad it's gotten.

Sam Kennedy even admitted Breslow has "parameters" (aka he's restricted in what he can even do... explains a ton!). So it also goes to show they blatantly lied earlier including Tom Werner with his "full throttle" BS  ::)

« Reply #68 on: March 05, 2024, 10:49:51 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
The hits keep on coming. The big free agent signing this year, Giolito, is likely out for the year as he is going to need surgery on his UCL.

Did they not give the guy a physical beforehand?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #69 on: March 05, 2024, 10:51:58 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
The hits keep on coming. The big free agent signing this year, Giolito, is likely out for the year as he is going to need surgery on his UCL.

Did they not give the guy a physical beforehand?

Lol of course... feel bad for Giolito but my god did the Red Sox even do their homework on him??

« Reply #70 on: March 05, 2024, 11:30:16 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
With Giolito out, the bullpen will get severely overworked, so I'm lowering my win projection from and already-low 75 to 67. What a dumpster fire that team is.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #71 on: March 05, 2024, 11:36:31 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
With Giolito out, the bullpen will get severely overworked, so I'm lowering my win projection from and already-low 75 to 67. What a dumpster fire that team is.

I'm saying 101 losses, just to be particularly pessimistic. 

« Reply #72 on: March 05, 2024, 11:39:15 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

101 losses wouldn't surprise me. I might even pull for that — the more losses, the more upset the fans are, which means less revenue for the owners, which hopefully means they'll finally give a crap about the team again.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #73 on: March 05, 2024, 11:53:48 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

101 losses wouldn't surprise me. I might even pull for that — the more losses, the more upset the fans are, which means less revenue for the owners, which hopefully means they'll finally give a crap about the team again.

Yeah.  You would think that they'd look around at the Celtics -- or even the Bruins -- and see that good-but-not-great seats are selling for $200 - $300 on the resale market.  Meanwhile, the Sox can barely give away tickets (outside of Monster seats).

« Reply #74 on: March 05, 2024, 12:24:09 PM »

Offline Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1807
With Giolito out for the season maybe the Sox sign Montgomery. 
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain