Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10
Around the NBA / Re: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs
« Last post by blink on Yesterday at 11:16:20 PM »
Good game between the Mavs/Clipps. Should really be going to bed, though…  :P

I thought there was a chance that the cilppers would come out and dominate this game at home.
But when Paul George is only a really good player like every two or three games that isn't gonna happen.
Celtics Talk / Re: Celtics 2024 Playoff Run Thread
« Last post by Boston Garden Leprechaun on Yesterday at 11:15:41 PM »
It might look like a small thing in the grand scheme of things, but I was VERY encouraged tonight. Last year's Game 5 vs. Atlanta without Murray was alarming when we lost, and we have played with our food a ton in playoff series in the past 2 seasons. It's made us doubt the C's ability to win the Finals, or doubt our ability to even reach it in 2023 (both things were true). But tonight, they were just on a mission and overwhelmed the Heat.

Sure, Game 2 wasn't great, but to come out and win the next three + blow them out in the elimination game is a very good sign. A sign this team might be locked in and truly on a mission. Maybe this isn't the same Celtics as previous years, which is a great sign going forward for a Finals run;D

How many times have we seen them blow pivotal Game 5s at home in recent years? Not only did they win today, but they absolutely blew them out as early as the 2nd quarter. Dominant.
Agreed. As disheartening as Game 2 was, winning back to back ugly games with an absolutely dominant blow-out in Game 5 is the first time in years I've thought "It looks like the C's learned their lesson."
All the moaning about game 2 was silly.  Losing a game because a team shoots out of their minds from 3 isn't disheartening.  No sane person thought Miami would win the series after their game 2 win.  Disheartening is losing a game when you play your best and still lose.   

no, no it was not. it was pathetic. miami was NOT hitting contested threes. we gave them wide open looks. how many times does it need to be posted here??

do you understand performance versus results? nope. i can live with a loss where we play well and just get beat. DISHEARTENING is not showing up, not contesting and not being ready for each game like we have done the last 7 years!

we finally started contesting and running them off the 3 line and we destroyed them 3 straight
Celtics Talk / Re: Celtics 2024 Playoff Run Thread
« Last post by tazzmaniac on Yesterday at 11:10:09 PM »
It might look like a small thing in the grand scheme of things, but I was VERY encouraged tonight. Last year's Game 5 vs. Atlanta without Murray was alarming when we lost, and we have played with our food a ton in playoff series in the past 2 seasons. It's made us doubt the C's ability to win the Finals, or doubt our ability to even reach it in 2023 (both things were true). But tonight, they were just on a mission and overwhelmed the Heat.

Sure, Game 2 wasn't great, but to come out and win the next three + blow them out in the elimination game is a very good sign. A sign this team might be locked in and truly on a mission. Maybe this isn't the same Celtics as previous years, which is a great sign going forward for a Finals run;D

How many times have we seen them blow pivotal Game 5s at home in recent years? Not only did they win today, but they absolutely blew them out as early as the 2nd quarter. Dominant.
Agreed. As disheartening as Game 2 was, winning back to back ugly games with an absolutely dominant blow-out in Game 5 is the first time in years I've thought "It looks like the C's learned their lesson."
All the moaning about game 2 was silly.  Losing a game because a team shoots out of their minds from 3 isn't disheartening.  No sane person thought Miami would win the series after their game 2 win.  Disheartening is losing a game when you play your best and still lose.   
Let’s have the rest of the series still going in the east be 7 gamers

and 7 OT's each game.  ;)  their legs would be rubber
Game Threads / Re: Heat (1-3) at Celtics (3-1) Round 1 Game #5 5/1/24
« Last post by celticinorlando on Yesterday at 11:05:15 PM »
Let’s have the rest of the series still going in the east be 7 gamers
« Last post by Who on Yesterday at 11:05:11 PM »
Oh ho ho, what an alley oop from Kyrie to Gafford in transition.
JT at podium now
« Last post by Who on Yesterday at 11:02:40 PM »
I am kinda surprised to see an ad for that Porsche Taycan. That electric car version of their 911 Porsche.

I wouldn't have thought there would be enough people with the money to buy a Porsche electric sports car to make it worthwhile to have a major ad campaign for it.
Game Threads / Re: Heat (1-3) at Celtics (3-1) Round 1 Game #5 5/1/24
« Last post by GreenEnvy on Yesterday at 11:00:59 PM »
Heat led for a combined 56 seconds sans Game 2. Crazy stat.

(Separately, Denver trailed for 70% of their series win)

If not for one historic (and uncharacteristic) shooting night from Miami, the Celtics were about as dominant as a team can be in a series.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10