Author Topic: Why don’t any Celtics get the Star Treatment?!?  (Read 1063 times)

Why don’t any Celtics get the Star Treatment?!?
« on: January 24, 2021, 10:48:24 AM »

Offline G-Bones

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 89
After watching Embiid getting all the love from the refs for the past two games, I am perplexed that our two stars, Tatum and Brown, don’t get much love from the refs.  I understand that Tatum may not drive as much as he should, but Brown drives the lane hard, takes contact, and doesn’t get a call either.  Honestly, the Star Treatment is ruining the game to the point that it is unwatchable to me.  I am so glad I didn’t purchase the nba package this year because I have seen enough of this sorry product.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2021, 10:54:27 AM by G-Bones »

Re: Why don’t any Celtics get the Star Treatment?!?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2021, 12:10:48 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Finesse doesn't get the calls. Speed and power in your attack forces the calls.

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2021, 12:59:03 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Embiid actively seeking contact. He flails at times but he’s always attacking one way or another. JB might have legit gripes since he seems to attack more than JT. JT rarely attacks other players and settled for lots of fadeaway etc. When he does, you notice it and ask yourself why he always doesn’t do it.

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2021, 01:16:16 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
If Tatum threw a little failing after putting the shot up like other players, he would get more calls. 

Also, getting foul calls is like gravity.   It just take a few officials over a few games making calls to push a player off the edge of non-superstar calls.