Author Topic: Pistons Win 5th Straight  (Read 6939 times)

Re: Pistons Win 5th Straight
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2015, 09:13:13 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
I expect Detriot and the Bobcats to both move ahead of the Cs in the coming weeks.

After some deadline deals are made I think the Cs will be locked into 3rd worst in the east and 5th overall. The 5th or 6th pick would be an interesting spot to sit at though not ideal. I expect 4 of the top 5 picks to be bigs with Mudiay the odd guard in the bunch

1. Okafor
2. Towns
3. Mudiay
4. Prozingis
5. WCS

After that it should be a run on wings for the next 5 picks.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2015, 11:11:21 PM »

Offline Al91

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 18
Pistons last 5 games: Pacers, Magic, Cavs, Knicks, and Kings.

Pistons next 5 games: Spurs, Mavs, Hawks, Nets, Raptors.

Good on them for winning their last 5, but I bet they'll be 10-28 in a week or so.

I'm throwing a couple wins their way via Spurs and Nets. Call me crazy but I have no faith in the Spurs and all the Pistons need is a great quarter and a half for Pop to pull the plug. That's only if he's not already sitting guys. And the Pistons were in a game with the Nets that honestly would've been their's if not for Josh Smith.

Cheer's for optimism and being 12-26 by the end of next week!

What did I say!! Pistons win! Man, glad I could catch the end of that game via NBATV. Six straight.
Long-form is far from dead, but please refrain from paragraph-laden posts! Who wants to read that?!

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2015, 11:13:05 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
Houston are 3-3 since the Smith acquisition and Detroit are 6-0.

I believe.

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2015, 01:31:11 AM »

Offline inverselock

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 44
I like Stan's defensive gameplan.

https://vine.co/v/OpWnEmnIKBi

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2015, 01:42:56 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

I believe.

I'm going to say everyone who wanted to trade for Smith was an idiot, unless their goal was an epic tank job or they insisted on getting multiple firsts to take on his contract.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2015, 10:50:30 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346

I believe.

I'm going to say everyone who wanted to trade for Smith was an idiot, unless their goal was an epic tank job or they insisted on getting multiple firsts to take on his contract.
I might too.

Because they just stomped Dallas by 13. Giving them their 7th straight win and their 6th win by more than 10 points. Jeez.

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2015, 11:32:00 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Monroe still leaving imo. But before he does prob try to make it into the playoffs.  A trade that works out

To pistons: Green, Nelson (reunite with old coach)
To celts : 1st , jerebko and tolliver (one waived)

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2015, 10:14:45 PM »

Offline Al91

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 18
Monroe still leaving imo. But before he does prob try to make it into the playoffs.  A trade that works out

I could definitely see a trade involving the Cs and Pistons coming at some point before the deadline, in the very least they'll be members of a 3-teamer. It was more possible before the Cs dealt Green to the Grizz but I wouldn't doubt both sides finding something each other needs/wants.
Long-form is far from dead, but please refrain from paragraph-laden posts! Who wants to read that?!

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2015, 10:18:33 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

I could definitely see a trade involving the Cs and Pistons coming at some point before the deadline, in the very least they'll be members of a 3-teamer. It was more possible before the Cs dealt Green to the Grizz but I wouldn't doubt both sides finding something each other needs/wants.

I agree... Both Bass and Jameer were SVG boys in Orlando....perfect fit.... Team could use two vets

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2015, 10:41:35 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
Detroit continuing to win at this unbelievable clip may be the best news of this weekend

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2015, 10:47:02 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Can Joel Anthony be traded back to the Cs? Looks like it on the Trade Machine though I believe the rules prohibit it.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)