Author Topic: it's gatta be the magic,rockets,portland,or lakers for a.i.  (Read 6940 times)

Re: it's gatta be the magic,rockets,portland,or lakers for a.i.
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2009, 05:50:25 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Personally, I think the perfect team for AI is Memphis, for these reasons.

1. They can offer him a starting job.
2. They REALLY need some help at the box office, and Iverson puts butts in the seats.
3. Mayo is the PERFECT guy for him to play next to.  Mayo can score, but he is at his best as a complimentary player who can defense, distribute, and basically be the Pippen to Iverson's Jordan.  This will also serve the purpose of helping to keep Mayo from falling into some bad habits from being the "man" on a bad team, and help him learn to be an extraordinary complimentary player, rather than an average go-to guy.
4. They have the cap space to give him a little more than the MLE.

I think if they sign him, and can get lucky in the draft, the Grizzlies could be a MUCH improved team next year.

If they sign AI, what lineup do they go with?  Do they give up on the Conley experiment, or do they go ultra-small with a lineup of Gasol/Gay/Mayo/AI/Conley?

I hear what you're saying about Mayo, but I don't think there's any chance of him settling into a nice career as a complementary player.  O.J. has a primary scorer's mentality, for better or for worse.

Oops, left that part out.  It also frees them up to move Conley while he still has some value.

I agree that Mayo has a scorer's mentality, but I think he also has tremendous basketball IQ, and he has the potential to be a rich man's Brandon Roy.  Otherwise, I think he is looking becoming the next Gilbert Arenas...which may be nice if you like stats, but not if you like winners.

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2009, 07:30:22 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I like the charlotte idea.
AI, Bell, Wallace, Diaw, Okafur, with VladRad coming off the bench.  If everyone stays healthy, that's a team that should make the playoffs in the East.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2009, 12:26:33 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2411
Dallas is a team I expect to make a run at Iverson. Mark Cuban will happily take AI on.

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2009, 01:20:54 PM »

Offline QuinielaBox

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 139
Phoenix Suns????????

:o

Despite the miserly ways of their owner. They have fallen backwards and made some really strange deals like for Shaquille O'Neal and Jason Richardson. For instance Grant Hill and Leandro Barbosa could go back to Detriot for AI in a sign and trade.

They end up with a toxic aging mix of Nash, AI, Jason Richardson, Amare Stoudemire, and Shaq for there starting lineup. Thats good for competing for 9th place in the Western Conference and 1 ball in the lottery.
Wins are few, times are hard. Here is your bleeping St Patricks Day Card.