Author Topic: Report: Devin Booker wants out of Phoenix  (Read 5529 times)

Report: Devin Booker wants out of Phoenix
« on: November 05, 2020, 12:45:48 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Devin Booker cannot become a free agent until 2024 and is coming off a standout performance in the restart with the Phoenix Suns going 8-0, but his future with the franchise is reportedly in doubt.

"They have to worry about the Booker thing," said Ryen Russillo. "The worst kept secret in the league is Booker already wants out of there. If it's another bad season, I actually think that could get ugly."

Booker signed a five-year, $158 million extension with the Suns in 2018.

Booker lobbied the Suns to pursue D'Angelo Russell during the 2019 offseason and has been connected to possibly playing with his close friends Russell and Karl-Anthony Towns at some point.

https://www.theringer.com/the-bill-simmons-podcast/2020/11/3/21548501/the-nbas-murky-future-with-ryen-russillo-and-best-streaming-tv-movies-with-wesley-morris

Re: Report: Devin Booker wants out of Phoenix
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2020, 01:25:09 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Absolutely no reason for Phoenix to trade him before they see how their roster goes next season.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2020, 06:04:46 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I think this report was already debunked.

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2020, 06:05:36 AM »

Offline mrceltics2013

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 15
Devin Booker cannot become a free agent until 2024 and is coming off a standout performance in the restart with the Phoenix Suns going 8-0, but his future with the franchise is reportedly in doubt.

"They have to worry about the Booker thing," said Ryen Russillo. "The worst kept secret in the league is Booker already wants out of there. If it's another bad season, I actually think that could get ugly."

Booker signed a five-year, $158 million extension with the Suns in 2018.

Booker lobbied the Suns to pursue D'Angelo Russell during the 2019 offseason and has been connected to possibly playing with his close friends Russell and Karl-Anthony Towns at some point.

https://www.theringer.com/the-bill-simmons-podcast/2020/11/3/21548501/the-nbas-murky-future-with-ryen-russillo-and-best-streaming-tv-movies-with-wesley-morris

There is no better time for the timberwolves to attempt to get booker. Dlo-Book-Towns as your cornerstone players. Just sign some vets after that and focus on defense.

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2020, 06:38:23 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25613
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
When did people start trusting Ryen Russillo like they do Woj?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2020, 06:50:46 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 418
Doubt this is true..Suns building a good future there
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2020, 07:55:18 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
When did people start trusting Ryen Russillo like they do Woj?

I trust Ryen's info more than I trust a lot of the other writers and media types around the NBA.  While at ESPN, he worked a few of the NBA shows, which means, he probably made some really good connections.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2020, 08:45:29 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
 I remember the pick in off season showing him in a nets jersey but maybe that was nothing or some clever trickery from a fan.
  But I’m glad these rumors are about. I know Gordon is always hurt but I hope we are constructing this roster with true hopes of keeping flexibility. Definitely want to get SOMETHING for Hayward butI cringe at Turner being the main piece coming back.
  I’m just hoping for a hit with some upside and some heart. I don’t like throwing even Turner money at Turner these days. I wanna spend on a skill player who brings it most nights.

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2020, 08:47:19 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
   I wonder if for some wanting to win it all right now.. all the chips in..If anyone here feels that way ( not sure) does it matter when a team adds a third star?

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2020, 08:51:50 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
There is some smoke there, which should motivate the Suns to make sure they are a playoff team sooner rather than later.

Suns could create enough cap space to offer Hayward a 4 year deal starting at $24mm.  I think if Hayward opts out, this is his most likely destination. Other teams with cap space (besides Heat who are holding on for Giannis sweekstakes) are pretty bad.

Hayward would be a great fit next to Booker.  Could share ball handling duties.  Defer to him, have bigger role as scorer.

I'm surprised no one else seems to be speculating Hayward to Suns.

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2020, 09:13:35 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1558
Sounds like Booker just wants to win and wants to put some pressure on the Suns to put together a winning team.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2020, 11:12:53 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  Oh my. If Booker wanted out. Jaylen/ Marcus/ picks done.

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2020, 11:33:43 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 418
False report but I offer everything except Tatum
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2020, 11:50:25 AM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 767
Somewhere along the line Devin Booker became the next coming of James Harden in the eyes of NBA fans.

He's exactly Zach Lavine. Ok, maybe he is slightly better than Zach Lavine.

Win some games. Get into the playoffs. Play some defense. Until that point, I value him at the same level as Lavine, who wouldn't start for this team and I wouldn't trade Brown, Tatum, Walker, Smart, or Hayward for.

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2020, 02:21:59 PM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 265
  • International Superstar
Somewhere along the line Devin Booker became the next coming of James Harden in the eyes of NBA fans.

He's exactly Zach Lavine. Ok, maybe he is slightly better than Zach Lavine.

Win some games. Get into the playoffs. Play some defense. Until that point, I value him at the same level as Lavine, who wouldn't start for this team and I wouldn't trade Brown, Tatum, Walker, Smart, or Hayward for.

Agreed, but it doesn't help that he scored the world's least-inspiring 70 points against us a few years ago.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.