Author Topic: "We know how good you are jeff green. Question is, do you know how good you are"  (Read 874 times)

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Its funny in a way. One day green looks like a complete bum and the next he looks like an allstar or at least a very solid player. We've seen what hes capable of.

Which is going off for 15-20 points and also having an 0-9 shooting night. Which green is the real green? Can the real jeff green please stand up?

Or maybe we are looking at the real green. A guy who is inconsistent and you never know which green will show up on a given night. That's looking more and more likely.

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Its funny in a way. One day green looks like a complete bum and the next he looks like an allstar or at least a very solid player. We've seen what hes capable of.

Which is going off for 15-20 points and also having an 0-9 shooting night. Which green is the real green? Can the real jeff green please stand up?

Or maybe we are looking at the real green. A guy who is inconsistent and you never know which green will show up on a given night. That's looking more and more likely.

He is a bench player, when players don't get consistent minutes/a consistent role they don't play consistently. 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
id like to see Green follow up last night with another solid performance tonight...the reason he is being paid 9million$ is because aing/c's WANT him to be that guy he was last night...the c's are ALOT better team when green plays well

obviously, looking for 19ppg every night is abit unrealistic...but I think we need him to consistently ATTACK like he did yesterday and give us 10-12ppg

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134

He is a bench player, when players don't get consistent minutes/a consistent role they don't play consistently.

So all bench players are inconsistent ?

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

No, but consistent bench players are very hard to come by.  See Jason Terry, Jamal Crawford, James Posey. 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

I don't know if I'd say "all" but, generally speaking, yes bench players tend to be inconsistent. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
I think hee will do good today question is how he will do when rondo comes back

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I think hee will do good today question is how he will do when rondo comes back

Why is this the question?

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I believe he will become more consistent as the season wears on.

As a Jeff Green supporter, I just think that while the team will continue to gel and get used to one another, Jeff Green will continue to have up and down games like this - at least through Jan and Feb. I say this because I believe that his surgery is in the back of his mind.

Basketball is SO mental..the mental part of the game dominates the physical. I wouldn't be surprised if at times he is deliberately (or even subconciously) holding back because of his surgery.

Look at KG, Tim Duncan, Ray Ray, Kobe, PP, etc - do we really think that these players, in their advanced years, would still be as effective as they are now if they weren't mentally strong?

To answer the OP - I do believe that Jeff Green knows how good he is - that is evident in the OKC, MIL, CHI, Utah and even Portland games where he has shined the brightest. But that doesn't stop him from perhaps mulling his surgery from time to time.

I'm with everyone else here on CBlog - we NEED the OKC game Jeff EVERY night, especially with Paul advancing in age. But the reality of it is that, IMO, we won't see a consistent Jeff Green for a few more months.

In the meantime, as a TEAM - BOS must hold the fort. Get AB back, do not make ANY chemistry-busting trades, and continue to gel together as a team. We have everything we need to beat MIA and get to the finals, we just have to hold the fort.

Jeff Green should be a part of that. He will prove BIG down the stretch, but until then I'd expect more inconsistent games. I certainly don't like it, and expect more out of him, but sometimes patience is key.