Author Topic: Mock Trade Deadline  (Read 49788 times)

Re: Mock Trade Deadline
« Reply #375 on: February 08, 2018, 07:41:29 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
For clarity’s sake, how are we handling no-trade clauses? Are we just going to have those players off-limits for trades, or should we do some sort of vote to see if the player would actually agree to be traded?

I mean hey, I'm sure you'd love to trade Lebron away from CLE and to a Western team @jpotter33  ;)

Great question. If its ok with everyone, I will decide if the player would wave their no-trade clause to the potential new team.

Just keeping my options open, brah!  ;)

Don't know why that posted. If it is ok with everyone, I'll make the call on whether or not the player would wave their no-trade clause.

The team that would be receiving the player with the no-trade clause can make their pitch to me in PM. I will always lean toward allowing the trade if possible (unless its ridiculous).

This was the official ruling on NTCs.  I will accept whatever outcome the commissioner rules.  If he could make his decision before the end of the night, that would be appreciated.

As for Bucketgetter's comment on LAL, I think LAL and CLE got to make their pitch for that potential deal and the commish ruled against it.  If I were Lebron, I would not have waived my NTC to ruin the remainder of my season in LAL.  Especially since he can just sign their outright without them having to deplete any assets this offseason.  So I understood that ruling.

I've now made my pitch in this thread, which I ask people to consider with an open mind, welcome opinions from everyone on what you think LBJ would do here if you were him, and am interested to hear the commish's ruling.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #376 on: February 08, 2018, 07:43:04 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
But at this point all of that doesn't matter. Due to the terrible connections I couldn't even message anyone a little bit after 2 pm, and time expired before I could complete any of those previous potential deals. Hell, half of my messages with trade feelers and offers didn't even get sent out today because apparently the request timed out before sending lol

JPotter, just want to be sure that you saw that you still have time to re-open any trade talks you had going on with other teams.

DUE TO ISSUES WITH THE FORUM SPEED, WE WILL EXTEND THE MOCK TRADE DEADLINE UNTIL TOMORROW AT 3PM EASTERN. NO TRADES WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THAT POINT.

Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #377 on: February 08, 2018, 08:09:53 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
*** Trade Alert ***
Orlando Magic trade Evan Fournier
to
Portland Trail Blazers for Evan Turner, Caleb Swanigan, and their first round pick (top 7 protected in 2018 and 2019 and unprotected in 2020).

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yb2mp2oy

« Reply #378 on: February 08, 2018, 09:29:29 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
For clarity’s sake, how are we handling no-trade clauses? Are we just going to have those players off-limits for trades, or should we do some sort of vote to see if the player would actually agree to be traded?

I mean hey, I'm sure you'd love to trade Lebron away from CLE and to a Western team @jpotter33  ;)

Great question. If its ok with everyone, I will decide if the player would wave their no-trade clause to the potential new team.

Just keeping my options open, brah!  ;)

Don't know why that posted. If it is ok with everyone, I'll make the call on whether or not the player would wave their no-trade clause.

The team that would be receiving the player with the no-trade clause can make their pitch to me in PM. I will always lean toward allowing the trade if possible (unless its ridiculous).

This was the official ruling on NTCs.  I will accept whatever outcome the commissioner rules.  If he could make his decision before the end of the night, that would be appreciated.

As for Bucketgetter's comment on LAL, I think LAL and CLE got to make their pitch for that potential deal and the commish ruled against it.  If I were Lebron, I would not have waived my NTC to ruin the remainder of my season in LAL.  Especially since he can just sign their outright without them having to deplete any assets this offseason.  So I understood that ruling.

I've now made my pitch in this thread, which I ask people to consider with an open mind, welcome opinions from everyone on what you think LBJ would do here if you were him, and am interested to hear the commish's ruling.

In spite, James publicly refuses to waive his NTC to go to the Sixers, although "those in his camp" did indicate he would consider going there in free agency if they cleared enough cap space.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 10:39:44 PM by DefenseWinsChamps »

« Reply #379 on: February 08, 2018, 10:32:48 PM »

• Paul Silas
Trade Announcement

The Utah Jazz and the Orlando Magic have agreed to a trade.

The Jazz will send Joe Johnson, Ekpe Udoh, and a 2018 2nd round pick to the Magic for Johnathan Simmons and Sheldon Mack.

(the Jazz send out 13.7 and receive 12.3 million, which works within the 125% rule)

The Jazz would like to thank Joe and Ekpe for their great play and wish them the best of luck moving forward. This move was about getting a versatile veteran on the wing and a skilled point guard who can help run the second unit. Both of them are on good contracts. With this deal, the Jazz also avoid the luxury tax this season.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 10:48:57 PM by DefenseWinsChamps »

« Reply #380 on: February 09, 2018, 09:19:37 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
The Orlando Magic would like to thank Evan Fournier for everything he's done for the Orlando Magic. We've watched him grow and blossom into a real NBA talent and we're sure he'll go on to have a great career.

The Magic would also like to thank Jonathan Simmons and Shelvin Mack for their contributions. While not with the team for very long, they made an impact in our locker room and we wish them the best.

We also get to welcome Evan Turner, Caleb Swanigan, Joe Johnson, and Ekpe Udoh to the team and look forward to working with them to build something great for the future.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #381 on: February 09, 2018, 10:53:27 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
Ruling by the commish accepted without complaint.

Due to too much uncertainty over the forum connections, Philadelphia is closed for business for the remainder of trade season.  It's been great and we are looking forward to our future and the discussion.

« Reply #382 on: February 09, 2018, 01:36:42 PM »

Offline shake603

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 13
[dang] I wish I had checked sooner that this was extended. Didn't see this until lunch today.

I have two messages out to GMs that I hope get answered.

Any chance we could do Saturday at 3:00?  :laugh:

Edit: We can't say D A M N?

« Reply #383 on: February 09, 2018, 02:25:16 PM »

• Paul Silas
ALL TEAMS NEED TO PM ME WITH YOUR MOCK TRADE RESULTS. PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING FORMAT FOR YOUR MOCK TRADE DEADLINE SUMMARY. DON'T ADD ANY MORE INFORMATION TO YOUR PM.

Outgoing:
Incoming:
One sentence (ONLY ONE) descriptor of your goal at the deadline.

For example, with my team, the Brooklyn Nets.

Outgoing: Lin, Carroll, Okafor, Stauskas, Dinwiddie
Incoming: Parsons, Deyonte Davis, Dillon Brooks, Snell, DJ Wilson, 2018 Bucks 2nd rounder
We wanted to sell-high on our rotation players, take on bad contracts, and receive young, high-upside players and draft assets.

I will post a poll on this thread on Monday. The OP will be updated with your Mock Trade Deadline summary AS FORMATTED ABOVE. I will also ask a mod to move this thread back to the Latest Forum Topics so we can get as many votes as possible. The poll will be open until Thursday at 3pm eastern.

Each poster (from the entire forum) will be able to vote for up to 5 teams that they think did the best to improve their roster. Whoever gets the most votes, wins!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 03:48:26 PM by DefenseWinsChamps »

« Reply #384 on: February 10, 2018, 12:20:17 AM »

• Paul Silas
ALL TEAMS NEED TO PM ME WITH YOUR MOCK TRADE RESULTS. PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING FORMAT FOR YOUR MOCK TRADE DEADLINE SUMMARY. DON'T ADD ANY MORE INFORMATION TO YOUR PM.

Outgoing:
Incoming:

Incoming: Parsons, Deyonte Davis, Dillon Brooks, Snell, DJ Wilson, 2018 Bucks 2nd rounder
We wanted to sell-high on our rotation players, take on bad contracts, and receive young, high-upside players and draft assets.

I will post a poll on this thread on Monday. The OP will be updated with your Mock Trade Deadline summary AS FORMATTED ABOVE. I will also ask a mod to move this thread back to the Latest Forum Topics so we can get as many votes as possible. The poll will be open until Thursday at 3pm eastern.

Each poster (from the entire forum) will be able to vote for up to 5 teams that they think did the best to improve their roster. Whoever gets the most votes, wins!

« Reply #385 on: February 11, 2018, 03:16:13 PM »

• Paul Silas

Outgoing:
Incoming:

« Reply #386 on: February 11, 2018, 04:13:45 PM »

• Paul Silas

Outgoing:
Incoming:

« Reply #387 on: February 11, 2018, 04:14:51 PM »

• Paul Silas
Also, if you want to fully explain your mock trade deadline, please use the following thread:

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=95224.msg2459735#new

« Reply #388 on: February 11, 2018, 05:40:34 PM »

• Paul Silas

Outgoing:
Incoming: