Author Topic: Is Wanamaker better than Rozier?  (Read 2451 times)

Is Wanamaker better than Rozier?
« on: January 15, 2019, 06:22:39 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
It sure looks that way.

For the season Rozier is shooting 37% from the field, 35% from three, and 77% from the line.

Wanamaker is shooting 43% from the field, 44% from three, and 91% from the line.

I would try Wanamaker as the backup point guard for a while.

Re: Is Wanamaker better than Rozier?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 06:52:23 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
He’s atleast trying to be a pig and not a ball hog like terry.  Still think terry needs to be at sg

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 07:13:28 AM »

Offline 10610786d

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 27
Another Danny Ainge special?

Let's see what Brad does with him as we approach the All Star Break.

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2019, 07:27:28 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Is Wanamaker an NBA player?
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2019, 07:31:07 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
IMO Wanamaker would not be able to do what Terry does as a starter but he may just be far better as a backup.

Last night is just proof that Terry is really in his own head right now, he knows that he is playing poorly and possibly about to be moved, that's probably making him play worse.  Every bad game could be costing Terry Millions over his career and I think that's really affecting his play right now.

Wannamaker knows the best roll for himself on the team is backup point guard and to reach that goal all he has to do is play as well as possible. He's playing with house money and lately has been hitting big.

If you were doing a top players in the NBA list Terry would be higher than Wanamaker, but if you're objectively looking at what is best for this team it wouldn't surprise me if Wanamaker is a better option for the backup point guard spot.

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2019, 07:34:53 AM »

Offline celtics4ever33

• NGT
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
IMO Wanamaker would not be able to do what Terry does as a starter but he may just be far better as a backup.

Last night is just proof that Terry is really in his own head right now, he knows that he is playing poorly and possibly about to be moved, that's probably making him play worse.  Every bad game could be costing Terry Millions over his career and I think that's really affecting his play right now.

Wannamaker knows the best roll for himself on the team is backup point guard and to reach that goal all he has to do is play as well as possible. He's playing with house money and lately has been hitting big.

If you were doing a top players in the NBA list Terry would be higher than Wanamaker, but if you're objectively looking at what is best for this team it wouldn't surprise me if Wanamaker is a better option for the backup point guard spot.

Every game is costing him millions lol....

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2019, 07:56:23 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
The entire team seems to have trouble shooting on the road, although Wanamaker is clearly a better shooter than Rozier.

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2019, 07:56:34 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
This season, maybe.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2019, 08:10:26 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
In a vacuum, definitely not. Off the bench for the 2018-19 Boston Celtics however, maybe. Rozier is an average starting PG in the league, he is just a garbage guy off the bench.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2019, 08:24:22 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
As individual players, Rozier's better.  Wanamaker finally had a decent game - doesn't make him better than Rozier no matter how crappy a season Rozier is having.

put another way, can anyone who's watched Wanamaker this season actually say they haven't wished the C's had done more to keep Shane Larkin instead?  That's about all you really need to know about Wanamaker. 

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2019, 08:32:35 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
As individual players, Rozier's better.  Wanamaker finally had a decent game - doesn't make him better than Rozier no matter how crappy a season Rozier is having.

put another way, can anyone who's watched Wanamaker this season actually say they haven't wished the C's had done more to keep Shane Larkin instead?  That's about all you really need to know about Wanamaker.
Wanamaler finally got a real opportunity and played well!.
I don't know if he is better then Rozier. but right now Rozier is costing us games!.
last night Rozier was so bad, if i had to guess i would say the only reason BS is playing him, is to get him out of his slump.   

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2019, 08:51:03 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Y. E.  S

Rozier got his chance but he is Antoine Walker like in terms of talent... Need a high usage and a whole lot of crap shot selection to even be effective.

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2019, 08:51:57 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

I don't know if he is better then Rozier. but right now Rozier is costing us games!.
last night Rozier was so bad, if i had to guess i would say the only reason BS is playing him, is to get him out of his slump.   
he's had opportunities all season and looked mediocre at best.  as I mentioned, he's had a number of people longing for Shane Larkin which says a lot.  glad he had a good game and hope he continues to have them. 

Can't disagree with Rozier's play last night.  as bad as he's been this season, that had to have been his worst game in years.  Rozier will continue to get minutes because he's part of the rotation (unless he's traded) and his body of work prior to this season has shown he's the better player.

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2019, 08:58:35 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437

he's had opportunities all season and looked mediocre at best.  as I mentioned, he's had a number of people longing for Shane Larkin which says a lot.  glad he had a good game and hope he continues to have them. 

Can't disagree with Rozier's play last night.  as bad as he's been this season, that had to have been his worst game in years.  Rozier will continue to get minutes because he's part of the rotation (unless he's traded) and his body of work prior to this season has shown he's the better player.
disagree.
It is not the same playing end of a blowout game with bunch of third stringers or playing with rotation players when it matters.  not to mention that even on some of those blowout games Rozier was trying to pad his stats.

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2019, 09:10:30 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318

Every game is costing him millions lol....

Well it's not so much that these bad games are taking money off what his next contract is likely to be, but if he was crushing these games and righting the ship when Kyrie is out and we go into the playoffs with 48 minutes of high level point guard play on the floor at any given moment, he would be looking at 'millions' more over the life of the deal.

Isaiah lost generational wealth right before his payday, Rozier might not fall that far but he was never as high to begin with.