Author Topic: Kyrie Irving is becoming a cancer  (Read 4283 times)

Re: Kyrie Irving is becoming a cancer
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2019, 11:35:40 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
This guy is in the middle of all this rot. 

He might be doing well this year, but this team is rotten.

Im beginning to think nobody likes to play with him besides 50 million dollar man Marcus Smart.

Everyone else looks like they do not like to play with him. This includes Horford.

Something smells with this guy, and I bet he wont even be back next year which is another reason nobody really gives a [dang] anymore.

What about Rozier? He seems to be a problem. And Brown might even be a problem. This team seems to have LOTS of "cancers."
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2019, 11:37:36 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Chuckle.  I thought tonight's game would end the "it's all Kyrie's fault" threads.  But nope.  This loss is on Kyrie even when he's not playing.

At what point is there some personal accountability?  Rozier is playing inherently selfish basketball.  Brown has been extremely up and down.  Hayward has sucked.  Tatum has at least in part regressed.  Horford hasn't been himself.  The entire team looks mentally weak.

And yet, it's Kyrie's fault.

I mean, Kyrie isn't perfect.  I've spent hundreds of posts on here talking about his faults.  But seriously, place the blame where it belongs.

Well said.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2019, 11:57:34 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Chuckle.  I thought tonight's game would end the "it's all Kyrie's fault" threads.  But nope.  This loss is on Kyrie even when he's not playing.

At what point is there some personal accountability?  Rozier is playing inherently selfish basketball.  Brown has been extremely up and down.  Hayward has sucked.  Tatum has at least in part regressed.  Horford hasn't been himself.  The entire team looks mentally weak.

I mean, Kyrie isn't perfect.  I've spent hundreds of posts on here talking about his faults.  But seriously, place the blame where it belongs.
How exactly has Tatum regressed?  I'll give you he isn't shooting like Steph Curry from 3 this year, but I think we all knew he wasn't that type of shooter, especially as a rookie.  Other than that, I see no regression at all.  His 2PT% is nearly identical, he is shooting and scoring more, he is rebounding more, passing around the same, etc.  In the games that he gets #1 touches, he scores like a #1 scoring threat.  His defense has improved and he is making better decisions.  In other words, he has improved in every facet of the game except outside shooting and that was more just a regression to what type of shooter he actually is.

FG%:  47.5% -> 44.5%
3PT%: 43.4% -> 36.7%
2PT%: 49.2% -> 48.6%
eFG%: .538 -> .509
TS%: .586 -> .551

His efficiency has taken a significant hit.  That's regression.

Beyond that, his FTAs are down, his assists, steals, and blocks have all stagnated, and he's only scoring about two more points per game on three more shot attempts.  If you like advanced metrics, his ORtg, DRtg, VORP, BPM, DBPM, OBPM, WS/48, etc., are all down.

The only area where he's upped his game is rebounding.  More than statistically, though, his "feel" seems a lot worse this year.  He's just taking more bad shots than he did previously.  It's hard to quantify this, but his FG% on all shots outside of 10 feet is down, and significantly fewer of his buckets are assisted.

That said, he was excellent tonight.  On the year, though, not only hasn't he taken a step forward, but he's actually worse in some areas than he was as a rookie.
It's what happens when you get a new bigger body, he will be fine, he has never been the problem, leave him alone

« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2019, 12:03:14 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

How exactly has Tatum regressed?  I'll give you he isn't shooting like Steph Curry from 3 this year, but I think we all knew he wasn't that type of shooter, especially as a rookie.  Other than that, I see no regression at all.  His 2PT% is nearly identical, he is shooting and scoring more, he is rebounding more, passing around the same, etc.  In the games that he gets #1 touches, he scores like a #1 scoring threat.  His defense has improved and he is making better decisions.  In other words, he has improved in every facet of the game except outside shooting and that was more just a regression to what type of shooter he actually is.

Beyond that, his FTAs are down, his assists, steals, and blocks have all stagnated, and he's only scoring about two more points per game on three more shot attempts.  If you like advanced metrics, his ORtg, DRtg, VORP, BPM, DBPM, OBPM, WS/48, etc., are all down.

The only area where he's upped his game is rebounding.  More than statistically, though, his "feel" seems a lot worse this year.  He's just taking more bad shots than he did previously.  It's hard to quantify this, but his FG% on all shots outside of 10 feet is down, and significantly fewer of his buckets are assisted.

That said, he was excellent tonight.  On the year, though, not only hasn't he taken a step forward, but he's actually worse in some areas than he was as a rookie.
It's what happens when you get a new bigger body, he will be fine, he has never been the problem, leave him alone

“Leave him alone”?

We don’t have sacred cows on this team. Tatum isn’t a major problem this year, but he’s one of many guys playing below expectations.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2019, 12:11:02 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Starting to lose my desire to come here and post anymore. Kyrie is too blame no matter if he plays or not. Starting to believe we are being trolled to some degree. Maybe Knicks fans who are clammoring at opportunity Kyrie bolts for their losing franchise in the offseason. Or maybe bitter cavs fans who still cannot except he bolted Lebron. Every loss I can be assured there wil be his is too blame threads and more trade threads...pathetic.

Same. Only thing becoming a cancer is this board. Might pull a Lb33 and just focus on reddit.

IMO the type of guys you are as posters, you need to leave....because you don't want to here the tough things, you want the green lemonade. You want to blame a player you don't care about and trash all over him.

Im simply stating what player A can be causing the team, im not saying Kyrie sucks, or kyrie lost the game, thats insane, im simply saying what causes a player can be to a team, especially when they had success last year without him. Gordon is also a main cog in this as well.

And the hypocrite of the year award goes to....

You claim Kyrie doesn't suck, but the title of the thread is that he's becoming a cancer.

Which one is it?
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2019, 12:14:34 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
Starting to lose my desire to come here and post anymore. Kyrie is too blame no matter if he plays or not. Starting to believe we are being trolled to some degree. Maybe Knicks fans who are clammoring at opportunity Kyrie bolts for their losing franchise in the offseason. Or maybe bitter cavs fans who still cannot except he bolted Lebron. Every loss I can be assured there wil be his is too blame threads and more trade threads...pathetic.

Same. Only thing becoming a cancer is this board. Might pull a Lb33 and just focus on reddit.

Same. Been slowly making a transition over there, because even if you get downvoted to oblivion at least you can block users..

I wish they brought the ignore or block feature back, because some of the users here seriously post some terribly opinionated B.S., then get mad and say you're not posting facts. It's getting ridiculous. I don't mind having a debate or conversation, but being open-minded and willing to listen to discussions without name calling,  not even listening or having your mind set already; or being called a troll has slowly become more apparent in these forums.

« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2019, 12:16:05 AM »

Offline celtics4ever33

• NGT
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16

IMO the type of guys you are as posters, you need to leave....because you don't want to here the tough things, you want the green lemonade. You want to blame a player you don't care about and trash all over him.

Im simply stating what player A can be causing the team, im not saying Kyrie sucks, or kyrie lost the game, thats insane, im simply saying what causes a player can be to a team, especially when they had success last year without him. Gordon is also a main cog in this as well.

You claim Kyrie doesn't suck, but the title of the thread is that he's becoming a cancer.

Which one is it?

I am beginning to think you guys are not that old.

How hard is it to think what I might mean?

You can be a great player and still cause an indirect problem in the locker room. It does not even have to be Kyrie's fault, but his super stardom role may have jilted the players on this team who almost did the unthinkable.

For some reason people are down playing what they did last year, without Kyrie, without Hayward, who are both here now and we suck harder.

Of course it could very well be the role guys playing terribly, but it also could be that they now dont fit or feel as they fit, they could be pressing.

Maybe not Kyrie's fault but its obvious the team isnt playing together anymore. Brown, Rozier, Tatum have all been made culprits, and Horford has looked confused and out of sorts as well. Not to mention Hayward has been relegated to one of the worst contracts in the league.

Stevens was coach of the year basically last year and now people are doubting him as well.

« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2019, 12:21:06 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

Which one is it?

You can be a great player and still cause an indirect problem in the locker room. It does not even have to be Kyrie's fault, but his super stardom role may have jilted the players on this team who almost did the unthinkable.

For some reason people are down playing what they did last year, without Kyrie, without Hayward, who are both here now and we suck harder.

Of course it could very well be the role guys playing terribly, but it also could be that they now dont fit or feel as they fit, they could be pressing.

Maybe not Kyrie's fault but its obvious the team isnt playing together anymore. Brown, Rozier, Tatum have all been made culprits, and Horford has looked confused and out of sorts as well. Not to mention Hayward has been relegated to one of the worst contracts in the league.

Stevens was coach of the year basically last year and now people are doubting him as well.

We have been explaining to you for these past few weeks that Rozier, Hayward, and Brown have been doing terrible..

Irving is having a fantastic season... what more do you want from him? Cause hes selfish? Okay well who do you want taking the last shot? Horford has aged pretty badly.

Hayward is too tentative.

I mean just look at the box score tonight..

3 for 12 from Rozier? Against Russell? Pfft.

3 pts only from Hayward?

And you want to blame Kyrie? Holy moly Batman...

I'm beginning to think you're not that old enough, because clearly you either refuse to comprehend the truth that our role players aren't doing their job. Rozier is sucking. Hayward has been awful, and Brown/Tatum need to learn how to stop being selfish and do what's best for the team. Not to mention Steven's has been just to blame with his wishy washy rotations and late timeouts.

« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2019, 12:26:20 AM »

Offline celtics4ever33

• NGT
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16

Which one is it?

We have been explaining to you for these past few weeks that Rozier, Hayward, and Brown have been doing terrible..

Irving is having a fantastic season... what more do you want from him? Cause hes selfish? Okay well who do you want taking the last shot? Horford has aged pretty badly.

Hayward is too tentative.

I mean just look at the box score tonight..

3 for 12 from Rozier? Against Russell? Pfft.

3 pts only from Hayward?

And you want to blame Kyrie? Holy moly Batman...

I'm beginning to think you're not that old enough, because clearly you either refuse to comprehend the truth that our role players aren't doing their job. Rozier is sucking. Hayward has been awful, and Brown/Tatum need to learn how to stop being selfish and do what's best for the team. Not to mention Steven's has been just to blame with his wishy washy rotations and late timeouts.

You might not be all there man.

You are creating scenarios in your own head and then amazingly you are criticizing your own little story lol.

Everything you said is you making something up. Basically talking to yourself.

You tell me to look at the box score...

For what? It has nothing to do with what im saying.

« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2019, 06:32:50 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

His 2PT% is 49.2% according to bball-ref, which is exactly the same.  Every other one of those shooting numbers are all tied to his 3PT% being lower, which also affects his ORTG, OWS, etc.  In other words, his 3PT shooting is making him seem worse in many categories, when it is really his 3PT shooting that regressed.  His RB% (ORB, DRB, and TRB), AST%, and BLK% are all higher, his STL% is the exact same, and he has lowered his TOV% (i.e. improved it).  As for things like DRTG, every single player on the team is worse this year.  The team just isn't as good defensively on the whole, though Tatum is essentially in the same position on the team as he was last year.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip