Author Topic: Kyrie Irving is becoming a cancer  (Read 4285 times)

Re: Kyrie Irving is becoming a cancer
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2019, 09:53:39 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I didnt say he was holding them back

I was saying he was causing all of it to happen wether its good or bad.

The players must have gotten so used to playing great ball last year that coming into this year, they just seem to be out of sorts

Nobody said its Kyries fault, but it is what it is. The possibility is there.

"Cancer" seems to have a negative connotation regarding fault.  But regardless, how is any of this due to Kyrie?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2019, 09:53:44 PM »

Offline celtics4ever33

• NGT
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
It’s funny that another “certified” cancer - butler wanted to team up with him.
Smart doesn’t care who is likable or not he just wants to win .. he is the ultimate pro this season and also a bargain contract .

The infatuation with Smart is two fold. Hes a really good glue guy, but he is not going to win you a ring playing 30 minutes. You need a good shooting guard. Simple as that. So in essence you have to trade Smart because his contract to get somebody like Beal.

Smart is valuable to any contending team, but you still need good players, because we know he wont become anything but a glue guy.

Duh, that goes without saying. You think any championship team would win without a glue guy like Smart. Name me one championship team that doesn't have that "hustle" or "do what it takes" player.

Lol, this is a tough one. EVERY TEAM has that , they are just not championship teams.

If Marcus Smart was on Orlando he would be known as a chucker who has empty stats and leads his team to 55 losses.

The truth is every team has a Marcus Smart, maybe not worse or better, but they do.

Memphis is a pretty bad team but they have Garret Temple who can easily be a glue guy on a championship team.

Its all about the surrounding roster.

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2019, 09:56:00 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
This guy is in the middle of all this rot. 

He might be doing well this year, but this team is rotten.

Im beginning to think nobody likes to play with him besides 50 million dollar man Marcus Smart.

Everyone else looks like they do not like to play with him. This includes Horford.

Something smells with this guy, and I bet he wont even be back next year which is another reason nobody really gives a [dang] anymore.

You're clueless. The team gets whooped without him, yet Kyrie is the cancer??

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2019, 09:58:47 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
I'm not a real fan.   But everybody wants to blame Rozier for some reason.   Kyrie, Horford and Hayward should get most of the blame.  They make the most money,  why don't we ever start there.

You clearly didn't watch the game tonight (or any game for that matter.) Rozier was useless tonight and didn't play a single minute in the 4th quarter in lieu of Brad Wanamaker.

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2019, 09:59:17 PM »

Offline celtics4ever33

• NGT
  • Jrue Holiday

Im beginning to think nobody likes to play with him besides 50 million dollar man Marcus Smart.

Everyone else looks like they do not like to play with him. This includes Horford.

Something smells with this guy, and I bet he wont even be back next year which is another reason nobody really gives a [dang] anymore.

I am far from clueless

why?

Becuase I knew, as a number of Celtic fans knew, that this team has too many guys, too many players that need the ball, that need to be involved, that need to score, too many young guys looking to make an impact

The reality was and is that this team needs to get rid of 2 or even 3 of these guys to make this work with Kyrie.

It just wont work. Which is why when you put in Smart , it gets a bit better, because he is not one of those big time ego guys.

So in conclusion , right now with Kyrie this team is a Superstar and a dozen role players type team. Last year it was all and one, everyone in it together.......now its Kyrie and then you guys go out and do it.

Im not blaming Kyrie, im just saying that his inclusion might be a problem just for the simple fact.

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2019, 10:00:55 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
Smart doesn’t care who is likable or not he just wants to win .. he is the ultimate pro this season and also a bargain contract .

The infatuation with Smart is two fold. Hes a really good glue guy, but he is not going to win you a ring playing 30 minutes. You need a good shooting guard. Simple as that. So in essence you have to trade Smart because his contract to get somebody like Beal.

Smart is valuable to any contending team, but you still need good players, because we know he wont become anything but a glue guy.

So smart isnt good enough for this team but you can use him to get beal.

Ok.....

Yea , so , Beal would help this team tremendously. Duh.

If you love smart, that is fine, lots of people do.
We have the good players : JT and JB they just need a couple more seasons and will be ready. Kyrie , smart plus the two Js are the future of this team !! all we need is Davis or vucevic and for Danny to find the right bench players... it’s that easy lol

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2019, 10:03:40 PM »

Online BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Starting to lose my desire to come here and post anymore. Kyrie is too blame no matter if he plays or not. Starting to believe we are being trolled to some degree. Maybe Knicks fans who are clammoring at opportunity Kyrie bolts for their losing franchise in the offseason. Or maybe bitter cavs fans who still cannot except he bolted Lebron. Every loss I can be assured there wil be his is too blame threads and more trade threads...pathetic.

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2019, 10:04:17 PM »

Online CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 872
  • GOT IT!!!

I am far from clueless

why?

Becuase I knew, as a number of Celtic fans knew, that this team has too many guys, too many players that need the ball, that need to be involved, that need to score, too many young guys looking to make an impact

The reality was and is that this team needs to get rid of 2 or even 3 of these guys to make this work with Kyrie.

It just wont work. Which is why when you put in Smart , it gets a bit better, because he is not one of those big time ego guys.

So in conclusion , right now with Kyrie this team is a Superstar and a dozen role players type team. Last year it was all and one, everyone in it together.......now its Kyrie and then you guys go out and do it.

Im not blaming Kyrie, im just saying that his inclusion might be a problem just for the simple fact.

Correct but the GM doesn’t want to trade any assets for a potential AD trade so here we stand.

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2019, 10:04:30 PM »

Offline celtics4ever33

• NGT
  • Jrue Holiday

Ok.....

We have the good players : JT and JB they just need a couple more seasons and will be ready. Kyrie , smart plus the two Js are the future of this team !! all we need is Davis or vucevic and for Danny to find the right bench players... it’s that easy lol

Its not though because you need to pay these guys. So its very very slim chance. Maybe just Tatum or Brown, you wont have it all. It doesnt work that way, unless Kyrie is gone.

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2019, 10:04:42 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

I am far from clueless

why?

The Celts played awful tonight without him yet you are calling him a cancer. Out of all the things wrong with this team, Kyrie is the bad guy and isn't even playing?? How did Rozier do tonight? How about Hayward?

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2019, 10:04:49 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

Ok.....

My ideal offseason is to trade for Davis, then find a way to offload Rozier, get someone to act as "Marcus Smart" off the bench, preferably someone who shoots better than smart even if the defense is not as good. I dunno what will happen to Theis/Baynes but we need to have replacement if they are not back. Williams will get more time next year but you need at least 3 rotation bigs. Yabu looks okay as 15th man in emergency.

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2019, 10:05:21 PM »

Offline celtics4ever33

• NGT
  • Jrue Holiday

I am far from clueless

why?

Correct but the GM doesn’t want to trade an assets for a potential AD trade so here we stand.

Exactly, who knows whats going on, maybe Ainge also fears Kyrie's departure, which is a possibility that doesnt get talked about.

Ainge is in a tough spot.

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2019, 10:05:31 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Yeah they totally lost today because of Kyrie!

That makes so much sense!
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2019, 10:06:26 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Starting to lose my desire to come here and post anymore. Kyrie is too blame no matter if he plays or not. Starting to believe we are being trolled to some degree. Maybe Knicks fans who are clammoring at opportunity Kyrie bolts for their losing franchise in the offseason. Or maybe bitter cavs fans who still cannot except he bolted Lebron. Every loss I can be assured there wil be his is too blame threads and more trade threads...pathetic.

It's a time-honored CB tradition.  There's always a favored whipping boy.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2019, 10:08:33 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Same. Only thing becoming a cancer is this board. Might pull a Lb33 and just focus on reddit.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman