Author Topic: Should fultz play summer league?  (Read 4260 times)

Re: Should fultz play summer league?
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2018, 02:53:40 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
He's going to be scrutinized wildly... ...but that's not enough for me to hold him out unless the shot, health or head isn't there.

He should be working on his game and competitiveness in summer league. Learn how to grind and get the critics to calm down.

I agree. It just feels like they are babying him to me. He already has some mental issues and confidence issues. I think long term this just makes him a worse player. There are also conflicting reports on whether the 76ers tried to trade him already. Some said they offered him about on draft night, but others have said he is off the table for Leonard (which makes no sense to me).

« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2018, 03:38:02 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Fultz needs to play if the Sixers are serious about his development.

If they want to flip him in a trade maybe they are afraid that he will just stink it up in the summer league and screw their chances at trading him.

But I'd say his value is already so depressed you might as well get him the reps.

He can build up his confidence playing against the 80% of the scrubs that fill out summer league rosters.

« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2018, 03:53:52 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I think it's very telling that the Sixers organization thinks so little of Fultz's mental toughness that they won't let him play SL vs mostly fringe players because they think his performance will shake his confidence. Yet laughingly people think he's going to completely recover and not wilt under the high pressure/anxiety of playoff basketball.

Yeah, ok, let me know how that turns out...

« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2018, 06:08:41 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

If they want to flip him in a trade maybe they are afraid that he will just stink it up in the summer league and screw their chances at trading him.

But I'd say his value is already so depressed you might as well get him the reps.

He can build up his confidence playing against the 80% of the scrubs that fill out summer league rosters.

Will be very interesting what happens to him. Also weird his trainer is tellig him Tatum is the best

« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2018, 08:08:12 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

Will be very interesting what happens to him. Also weird his trainer is tellig him Tatum is the best
Drew Hanlen is a top level consultant not Fultz' personal trainer.  Among others he's worked with Beal, Embiid and our own Jayson Tatum.  Last offseason, he worked with Tatum to improve his shooting form.  So Hanlen talking about Tatum being the best is just good natured ribbing. 

« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2018, 10:27:36 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
You should change your handle to Eric jr

« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2018, 05:30:17 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I can't believe he isn't playing SL. Even if for short minutes just to get reps against lesser talent.

What happened to this kid.

« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2018, 05:35:13 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
should bears crap in the woods ?

« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2018, 05:36:08 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis