Author Topic: Kawhi Leonard  (Read 12169 times)

Re: woj: "tremendous disconnect" Between kawhi and spurs
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2018, 06:06:59 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
If he does get traded, as long as it's not to the Lakers, Warriors or Cavaliers, I'll be happy.

I don't think he gets traded BUT it's certainly getting interesting. I think there is something going on between Kawhi and the Spurs behind the scenes. Doesn't mean it can't get resolved but it's also hard to overlook that Kawhi doesn't want to come back even though the Spurs are a Top-4 team in the West without him (just imagine how they'd be WITH him + Gay), and he's been medically cleared for a while according to reports.  ???
Add the 76ers to that list. I really would hate to see Embiid with Leonard against us

And what would the 76ers give up for Leonard, Simmons?  Doubtful they want to get rid of that kid and I'm pretty sure Spurs are not interested in a broken jumpshot Markelle Fultz.

Celtics still have the biggest stash of tradeable assets.  If Leonard becomes available in the offseason, I have to believe we are top of the list of desirable trade partners.
The Warriors aren’t a likely trade partner, but that doesn’t stop me from not wanting Kawhi to go there
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Re: Kawhi Leonard
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2018, 07:19:17 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
.  I wouldn't be surprised at all to see a package of Fultz,

I would be surprised if any one wants Fultz at this time...

« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2018, 07:23:17 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Yeah, the Spurs were one of the first teams to really focus on personality type and confidence when acquiring players. I don't think Fultz would be on their short list.

Saric, on the other hand, might get the Spurs to the table, but I'd think the Spurs would want more back, and the Sixers draft stash has a lot of picks, but not very many good ones anymore.

« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2018, 08:04:35 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

agreed. Fultz  contract at this point is dead weight

« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2018, 10:17:50 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

you guys are crazy.  He was the near consensus #1 pick less than a year ago.  He obviously isn't worth what he was, but he absolutely still carries a lot of value
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2018, 10:46:30 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

you guys are crazy.  He was the near consensus #1 pick less than a year ago.  He obviously isn't worth what he was, but he absolutely still carries a lot of value

The guy has a broken shot all together, apparently is suffering an injury, and has been reportedly using virtual reality goggles to figure out his shot.

Are we really crazy to believe his trade value isn't high right now??  ???

I mean sure, maybe he can be a piece in a trade, but he's definitely NOT going to be the 1st or even 2nd best asset I imagine that would be in the trade. So yeah, in a hypothetical Leonard trade, PHI has to give up a Simmons or a bunch of other pieces (even besides the multiple 1sts)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2018, 03:36:47 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

nerlens Noel at one point was a consensus #1 pick. Can’t crack a rotation on a bad mavs team. Some things just don’t work out even in a consensus

« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2018, 05:43:21 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

nerlens Noel at one point was a consensus #1 pick. Can’t crack a rotation on a bad mavs team. Some things just don’t work out even in a consensus
Noel has proven that he's not very good.  Fultz hasn't.  He still has tons of upside.  And even if he never regains his shot, look no further than his teammate Simmons for an example of how that can go.

« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2018, 07:06:52 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

1) Look at his shot, and tell me with a straight face, he is a NBA quality shooter.
2) Consensus can be wrong and  I am not afraid to challenge it if it is so.
3) We dodged a bullet by not drafting him

Chad Ford was clearly wrong about Fultz and Ball.   I think consensus you are speaking of, was quite frankly, hype.  There was a reason they hide Fultz for most of the year last year and we may be seeing why.

« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2018, 07:15:04 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Noel has proven that he's not very good.  Fultz hasn't.  He still has tons of upside.  And even if he never regains his shot, look no further than his teammate Simmons for an example of how that can go.
Simmons has a far more versatile skill set.  If Fultz can't fix whatever is wrong, he could become the biggest bust of all time.

« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2018, 08:14:09 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

1) Look at his shot, and tell me with a straight face, he is a NBA quality shooter.

Chad Ford was clearly wrong about Fultz and Ball.   I think consensus you are speaking of, was quite frankly, hype.  There was a reason they hide Fultz for most of the year last year and we may be seeing why.
You're right the guy that shot over 41% from 3 in college and 40% in summer league from 3 can't shoot.  Come on, give me a break.

« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2018, 09:38:47 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

You're right the guy that shot over 41% from 3 in college and 40% in summer league from 3 can't shoot.  Come on, give me a break.

Example of the eye test versus the stats.

Eye test is pretty obvious right now. I always felt like his shot varied a bit too much for him to have that good of shooting percentages.

« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2018, 09:45:24 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Guys, you understand this is a Kawhi thread. Fultz has a dozen of his own threads.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2018, 11:30:58 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
Guys, you understand this is a Kawhi thread. Fultz has a dozen of his own threads.
It is a thread about trading for Leonard.  Philly is an obvious potential landing spot, and Fultz is an obvious piece that would go to San Antonio.

« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2018, 11:42:51 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Hasn't it been reported that Kawhi is returning to the Spurs and that he should be playing again in March?
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller