Author Topic: a trade is coming  (Read 12784 times)

Re: a trade is coming
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2016, 05:23:52 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Adam Himmelsbach ‏@AdamHimmelsbach 4m4 minutes ago
The Celtics have agreed to guaranteed deals w/Gerald Green, Tyler Zeller, & Demetrius Jackson & partial guarantee w/Ben Bentil, source says.

Adam Himmelsbach ‏@AdamHimmelsbach now6 seconds ago
League source says right now, R.J. Hunter, James Young, Ben Bentil and John Holland are in position to fight for the final roster spot

I don't see how RJ loses that battle.  He has an NBA skill, shooting.  He might be our best passing guard and his defense is surprisingly good.
Um, Young is a better shooter than Hunter. Hunter is a volume scorer who can make threes in a pinch.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2016, 05:32:59 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
The Celtics have agreed to guaranteed deals w/Gerald Green, Tyler Zeller, & Demetrius Jackson & partial guarantee w/Ben Bentil, source says.

League source says right now, R.J. Hunter, James Young, Ben Bentil and John Holland are in position to fight for the final roster spot

I don't see how RJ loses that battle.  He has an NBA skill, shooting.  He might be our best passing guard and his defense is surprisingly good.
Um, Young is a better shooter than Hunter. Hunter is a volume scorer who can make threes in a pinch.

Hunter must not be in a pinch very often.

« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2016, 05:45:09 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Why hasn't Jaylen signed by now? All our other picks have some sort of contract/stash plan worked out. And with Green and Zeller now in the mix again, why wait any longer?
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2016, 06:10:51 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129

Not sure about that. I thought hunter's three point % in the summer league was significantly better than Youngs.

« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2016, 06:19:33 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Not sure about that. I thought hunter's three point % in the summer league was significantly better than Youngs.
Hunter shot 47% Young 43.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2016, 06:20:02 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269

Actually they were about the same with Young's % being slightly higher than Hunters.
Hunter was 11 for 24 (46%) while Young was 9 for 17 (53%).

That's just overall though. In Vegas, Young couldn't hit anything from deep. In Utah, he couldn't miss.

« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2016, 06:31:56 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Why hasn't Jaylen signed by now? All our other picks have some sort of contract/stash plan worked out. And with Green and Zeller now in the mix again, why wait any longer?

Because his cap hold is lower than the contract he'd be getting after signing. So unsigned = more cap space, also could potentially provide more flexibility in a trade depending on the scenario.

« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2016, 07:06:21 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker

Because his cap hold is lower than the contract he'd be getting after signing. So unsigned = more cap space, also could potentially provide more flexibility in a trade depending on the scenario.

I guess that makes sense. Is it even enough cap space to possibly make a difference though?
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2016, 10:43:03 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210

Their stats last season would disagree with that but at this point neither has had enough run to know for sure.

« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2016, 10:44:18 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617

Now that we are officially over the cap, he will be signed tomorrow for the max, you would think.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2016, 12:01:54 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
If anything, I'd say this means no trades are coming. We "solidify" the end of our bench with some vets, cut our disappointing young guys from the team, and call it a summer.
- LilRip

« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2016, 02:27:12 AM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 375
14 spots as is set. Jackson has a guaranteed deal also now. Last spot is between Bentil, young and hunter

Aren't Hunter and Young still on guaranteed rookie contracts?  I guess that means the decision would be to cut them, but they still get paid and count against the cap?  Does that sound right?

« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2016, 02:29:11 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

more intriguing is why is Jaylen in LA today? Vacation? Business?

« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2016, 02:44:32 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker

Is he actually? I haven't seen anything. That's interesting. Is he joining the Danny-Isaiah SoCal recruitment trip?

« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2016, 03:00:19 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Is he actually? I haven't seen anything. That's interesting. Is he joining the Danny-Isaiah SoCal recruitment trip?
lol