Author Topic: KG's taunting  (Read 16134 times)

Re: KG's taunting
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2008, 05:52:52 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Yeah he has taken it all the way to the championship.

The Raptors could have taken that game but they got no one to take that shot.  No one who has been in the place Peirce, KG, and Ray Allen have.

The simple fact is this team is just now coming together and people can't stand it.

Los Angeles,Houston, Detroit, Toronto.  Looking forward to tonights game.  bring them all.

TONY Allen is passing Posey.  Leon is seperating himself from Big Baby.  Allen is getting his ankles back.  House is gettting his shot back.

they are winning when they play bad against good teams.

i'm loving every minute of it.
Toney Allen is passing Posey at what?

so far? PPG, AssistPG, FT's PG, Steals PG.

rebounds are down.

I do not want to read more into anything than is there,but was the statement meant to say in only 8games Tony Allen is much better than or more valuable than Posey was?If it is i do not agree also there contributions are/were different.Posey was a big part of our success in winning the championship and dont think its fair to devalue him because he is out of the picture.

and i don't think its fair to trash tony allen simply because he's not the annointed james posey. (as alot of people are doing, and I'm no TA booster, but it's getting unreal)

James posey is a big loss, i loved the guy, I miss him. but he's not some sort of all encompassing mystical bench player that he's suddenly become.

So far, TA has been more than an adequate replacment for his production. So, i think its a fair statement to say that tony is passing poseys production at this early point, yes.

Embracing TA does not mean dismissing posey's relevance to last year, nor his loss. Nor does trashing TA unrealisticly, as some posters have been doing, make the loss of james posey any more significant.

It is what it is.
Show me one word i trashed TA in this thread or post?I didnt trash TA in this post but tried to show that the 2 players had different roles and value to the team when Posey was a member.I feel the initial intent in this post was to trash Posey in a sneaky way.It is unfair to rag on a player who gave his all in helping us win a championship.We are only  8 games into the season.  Using a hand full of stats to try and prove TA is a better player than Posey is not fair to either player. I had no intention of dogging Tony only pointing out its not fair to compare them at all so soon.

You weren't who i was talking about (thus why i didn't name you), but you asked what tony was doing better than posey, i told you, and you immediately countered it by saying:

I do not want to read more into anything than is there,but was the statement meant to say in only 8games Tony Allen is much better than or more valuable than Posey was? I don't Agree.

you immediately assumed, at least for this qoute, that i was discounting james posey's contributions and fluffing TA prematurely. I'm doing nothing of the sort. I'm talking about tony allen because he's playing well, im not comparing them.

Why can't i just be pointing out facts about TA that don't have one iota to do with Posey?

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2008, 05:58:51 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
Yeah he has taken it all the way to the championship.

The Raptors could have taken that game but they got no one to take that shot.  No one who has been in the place Peirce, KG, and Ray Allen have.

The simple fact is this team is just now coming together and people can't stand it.

Los Angeles,Houston, Detroit, Toronto.  Looking forward to tonights game.  bring them all.

TONY Allen is passing Posey.  Leon is seperating himself from Big Baby.  Allen is getting his ankles back.  House is gettting his shot back.

they are winning when they play bad against good teams.

i'm loving every minute of it.
Toney Allen is passing Posey at what?

so far? PPG, AssistPG, FT's PG, Steals PG.

rebounds are down.

I do not want to read more into anything than is there,but was the statement meant to say in only 8games Tony Allen is much better than or more valuable than Posey was?If it is i do not agree also there contributions are/were different.Posey was a big part of our success in winning the championship and dont think its fair to devalue him because he is out of the picture.

and i don't think its fair to trash tony allen simply because he's not the annointed james posey. (as alot of people are doing, and I'm no TA booster, but it's getting unreal)

James posey is a big loss, i loved the guy, I miss him. but he's not some sort of all encompassing mystical bench player that he's suddenly become.

So far, TA has been more than an adequate replacment for his production. So, i think its a fair statement to say that tony is passing poseys production at this early point, yes.

Embracing TA does not mean dismissing posey's relevance to last year, nor his loss. Nor does trashing TA unrealisticly, as some posters have been doing, make the loss of james posey any more significant.

It is what it is.
Show me one word i trashed TA in this thread or post?I didnt trash TA in this post but tried to show that the 2 players had different roles and value to the team when Posey was a member.I feel the initial intent in this post was to trash Posey in a sneaky way.It is unfair to rag on a player who gave his all in helping us win a championship.We are only  8 games into the season.  Using a hand full of stats to try and prove TA is a better player than Posey is not fair to either player. I had no intention of dogging Tony only pointing out its not fair to compare them at all so soon.

You weren't who i was talking about (thus why i didn't name you), but you asked what tony was doing better than posey, i told you, and you immediately countered it by saying:

I do not want to read more into anything than is there,but was the statement meant to say in only 8games Tony Allen is much better than or more valuable than Posey was? I don't Agree.

you immediately assumed, at least for this qoute, that i was discounting james posey's contributions and fluffing TA prematurely. I'm doing nothing of the sort. I'm talking about tony allen because he's playing well, im not comparing them.

Why can't i just be pointing out facts about TA that don't have one iota to do with Posey?

I replied to another poster's words but you answered.I never entered Posey's name into any of the post you started.I was answering someone else's post.Sorry if this is being misconscrewed.TP to you anyhow.

« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2008, 06:03:26 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
no biggie, its a discussion forum man, we discuss here :) TP right back at ya

I apologize if i made you think i ment you were attacking tony allen in some vicious fashion as well, All i was trying to point out is that i think both "extremes" of the posey/TA issue get crazy sometimes. (hopefully im in the center somewhere, and not just deluding myself into thinking so :D)

it reminds me of the doc supporters vs detractors debate. Thier seems to be no room for a middle ground yet on this issue.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2008, 06:07:17 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I can feel the love!!! ;) ;D ;D ;D.

Oh, and by the way, KG probably deserved to be T'eed up but I thought it was more trash talking than taunting.

« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2008, 06:11:06 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
no biggie, its a discussion forum man, we discuss here :)

I apologize if i made you think i ment you were attacking tony allen in some vicious fashion as well, All i was trying to point out is that i think both "extremes" of the posey/TA issue get crazy sometimes. (hopefully im in the center somewhere, and not just deluding myself into thinking so :D)

it reminds me of the doc supporters vs detractors debate. Thier seems to be no room for a middle ground yet on this issue.
Yea i know what you saying.It seems like everyone i talk with last season went from one extreme to the other when Doc's name came up.One day they hated him then the next week they loved him.It got to be crazy to talk with anyone about how they stood for awhile.I think there are still a lot of people who are not fully behind Doc or dont have the confidence in Doc they should probably have even after what the team accomplished.But its a free country and we all can feel and say what we want .I admit there have been times when i was not confident that Doc was making all the right decisions in the playoffs(rotations) in the first couple rounds at times but it all worked itself out in the end.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 06:30:26 PM by housecall »

« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2008, 06:19:12 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
I can feel the love!!! ;) ;D ;D ;D.

Oh, and by the way, KG probably deserved to be T'eed up but I thought it was more trash talking than taunting.
Yes he probably deserved to be T'd but i think KG probably weighed all those posiblities but i feel he felt something drastic had to happen to wake or pump up the team to win,so he put his neck out on the line to step it up.It probably was done in the wrong way but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to get results. Just a theory. ;D

« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2008, 06:29:55 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
At the end of that game Bosh was yelling at calderon to not get into all that. Calderon usually a mild mannered guy really let garnett get to his head and pretty much thats his fault. It was the funniest thing i ever saw when calderon tried to tattle tell on the refs of garnetts behaviour(mommy!) haha

There is speculation that garnett was acting classless mainly because calderon talked some trash or said something to try to distract garnetts shot from going in the corner.

Garnett usually doesn't behave that way unless an opponent iniates things first. He is usually just swearing(swears the most out of any pro player i've seen) to himself to pump things up

« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2008, 06:32:54 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
At first i thought i saw Caldorone trying to dog-out Rondo for a minute and figured KG took it up from there.I would have to watch the game over to make sure.