Author Topic: Kristic  (Read 3454 times)

Kristic
« on: July 03, 2008, 02:37:10 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
What do people think of him as restricted free agent? According to realgm, he is having problems with the additions of the nets through the draft the last two years. If he lasts as a free agent for a while we could get him on the cheap for a year so he can get a good contract next year. He would come to Boston for a discount to win and to spite the nets.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Re: Kristic
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 02:39:40 PM »

Offline DinoRadjaLives

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24
What do people think of him as restricted free agent? According to realgm, he is having problems with the additions of the nets through the draft the last two years. If he lasts as a free agent for a while we could get him on the cheap for a year so he can get a good contract next year. He would come to Boston for a discount to win and to spite the nets.

Plays defense like Gerald Green with the toughness of Pau Gasol, yeah I am all set with Nenad
"The Boston Celtics are not a basketball team, they are a way of life" - Red Auerbach

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 09:06:58 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
He was one of the best young bigs in the NBA before the ACL injury. He's been horrible since his comeback.

If we can get him cheap, I'd be all over that, even if he doesn't really fits a need, but I don't think it's realistic and I don't know if he's healthy. But if he can come back to his former self, that would be an incredible steal... Divac with athleticism, as Pop called him (though he was wrong, as we've seen since he came back from the injury).

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 10:15:13 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
he's so soft he should have been named no-nads...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 10:24:24 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
I wouldn't rank Kristic in my top 8-10 available big men. He seams soft and injured.

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 10:36:10 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
First, his name is spelled Krstic. Then, he's in no condition to help right now.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 10:50:46 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Krsitc is soft because he's a white import. Apart from that, there's no softness in his game. After the "Garbajosa is soft", we have the "Krsitc is soft". Next stop: "Nocioni is soft! I have no idea who he is and I've never seen him play, but he's certainly soft!"

Also, he's not injury prone. He had a major injury in his career, he tore his ACL once. We have a couple of guys in our roster with a little more experience in that department.

The problem is how healthy he is and if he can get return to his old form. But we're talking about a guy who was averaging 17 ppg, 7 rpg, 2 apg, 1 bpg, 53% FG before the injury, averaged 18.5ppg/7.6rpg in the playoffs during his rookie season and is still young (25 years old). He is a subpar defender, but if we can get him cheap and he's good enough physically, he'd be a great addition.

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 11:06:50 PM »

Offline DinoRadjaLives

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24
Krsitc is soft because he's a white import. Apart from that, there's no softness in his game. After the "Garbajosa is soft", we have the "Krsitc is soft". Next stop: "Nocioni is soft! I have no idea who he is and I've never seen him play, but he's certainly soft!"

Also, he's not injury prone. He had a major injury in his career, he tore his ACL once. We have a couple of guys in our roster with a little more experience in that department.

The problem is how healthy he is and if he can get return to his old form. But we're talking about a guy who was averaging 17 ppg, 7 rpg, 2 apg, 1 bpg, 53% FG before the injury, averaged 18.5ppg/7.6rpg in the playoffs during his rookie season and is still young (25 years old). He is a subpar defender, but if we can get him cheap and he's good enough physically, he'd be a great addition.

Wow, comparing apples to oranges. Can't even dream of putting Krstic in the same breath as Garbajosa and Nocioni in regards to "tough". Krstic is a nice offensive player no doubt, but a 7footer should be getting more than 7rpg and 1 bpg especially, he just doesn't play D. No one was questioning his game, just his overall toughness as a big man. We are looking for someone to take the heat of KG down low. A true C, I would view Krstic as more of as a Eurp PF, same mold as Pau. A good player (prior to ACL) but not what we need.
"The Boston Celtics are not a basketball team, they are a way of life" - Red Auerbach

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2008, 11:39:37 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Pau Gasol is tougher than Krstic

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2008, 11:46:22 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

Wow, comparing apples to oranges. Can't even dream of putting Krstic in the same breath as Garbajosa and Nocioni in regards to "tough". Krstic is a nice offensive player no doubt, but a 7footer should be getting more than 7rpg and 1 bpg especially, he just doesn't play D. No one was questioning his game, just his overall toughness as a big man. We are looking for someone to take the heat of KG down low. A true C, I would view Krstic as more of as a Eurp PF, same mold as Pau. A good player (prior to ACL) but not what we need.

I'm aware he's not exactly what he need, that's why I started my first post by saying that "he doesn't really fit a need".

7 rpg doesn't look bad for a guy in his 3rd NBA season. It's 2 rpg less than KG averaged last season, 2.5 rpg less than KG in his 3rd season and more than Perkins ever reached. Or Elson. He's not more or less though than a lot of big men in the league (also, the "Garbajosa is soft" it's not a product of my imagination, it was widely written over here) and he's not in the same league of Gasol. I agree he's not a true center, but neither is Andersen. He's not a very good defender, but saying that he just doesn't play D it's a wild exaggeration: he's a better post defender than Andersen, only a worse shot-blocker from the weakside (something that we don't really need). The major difference between them is talent: Krstic has much, much, more. The point is: being healthy, he'd easily be our second most talented post player after KG and it's not even close. Passing a player like Krstic because he's not a banger if we could have him for the same we'd spend in someone like Andersen - who's also not a banger - would be utterly stupid.