Author Topic: I'm worried about Kyrie  (Read 11677 times)

Re: I'm worried about Kyrie
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2017, 10:12:27 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141
To be fair,  Irving is learning the role.  We can give him the benefit of the doubt for awhile.  Hell, maybe LBJ leads this way and he was just trying to mimic.

Patience.

People are acting like IT was the player he was last year, the first season or two with the team.

He wasn't and that revisionist history is killing me.

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2017, 10:15:42 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Yeah, he’s not a leader.  Also, in a tight game the only skill that he has to make an impact on the game is to take more shots.

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2017, 10:27:27 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I’m worried about the lack of ball movement. Pathetic.

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2017, 10:29:58 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474
I’m worried about the lack of ball movement. Pathetic.

This is where I am more concerned as well.  Brad needs to do some teaching in practice so we can get back to the type of spacing and movement that we can absolutely kill teams with.  The potential is there.

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2017, 10:37:08 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I can't say what will become of Kyrie, but I can say that this team looks a good deal better than last year's team -- and when Morris, and eventually Hayward, return this team will be deep and very talented.   

I don't miss anyone.

ummm

I don't know...did last years team lose to the Bucks?
last years team started off the season with a 5 point victory over the Nets and then a 6 point loss to the Bulls. I will take this start over that one all day long and its 2 Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ing games.

2 Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ing games on a team with 4 returning players, that watched a centerpiece go down 5 minutes into the season and who is missing their starting power forward on top of that.

chill with the overreactions.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2017, 10:41:48 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
I can't say what will become of Kyrie, but I can say that this team looks a good deal better than last year's team -- and when Morris, and eventually Hayward, return this team will be deep and very talented.   

I don't miss anyone.

ummm

last years team started off the season with a 5 point victory over the Nets and then a 6 point loss to the Bulls. I will take this start over that one all day long and its 2 ****ing games.

2 ****ing games on a team with 4 returning players, that watched a centerpiece go down 5 minutes into the season and who is missing their starting power forward on top of that.

at least there are some people who can understand their situation

they look exactly like what they are

2 games in with 4 returning player after losing their second best player

i'm not saying there gonna go to the finals this year

but it'd be  foolish to think they won't be playing better by the allstar break
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2017, 10:47:24 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

I don't miss anyone.

ummm

last years team started off the season with a 5 point victory over the Nets and then a 6 point loss to the Bulls. I will take this start over that one all day long and its 2 ****ing games.

2 ****ing games on a team with 4 returning players, that watched a centerpiece go down 5 minutes into the season and who is missing their starting power forward on top of that.

You chill .. relax

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2017, 10:49:08 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269

I don't miss anyone.

ummm

Yes. At home too.

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2017, 10:49:30 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
This was the worst possible matchup for Kyrie without spacing to give him room.  The Bucks are super long.  He got absolutely blitzed off screens and even triple teamed. He missed some of the good shots he got but that's the game. 

I'm not worried at all.

Now, the spacing is a legit concern.  If you are going to pin it on Kyrie you aren't look at the whole floor.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2017, 10:51:22 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
To be fair,  Irving is learning the role.  We can give him the benefit of the doubt for awhile.  Hell, maybe LBJ leads this way and he was just trying to mimic.

Patience.

People are acting like IT was the player he was last year, the first season or two with the team.

He wasn't and that revisionist history is killing me.

It's ridiculous.  One of my friend is trying to act like IT was even ever good on defense.  The rose colored glasses are on with him.

The team needs time.  The sets were sloppy and the players said afterwards.  Some of these guys have to learn 3-4 positions and they couldn't keep it straight.

If you are going to combat a team throwing double/triple teams at one guy, other guys need to step up and you need to run good sets to counter it.

« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2017, 10:55:08 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
One final thing I will say is that, although I was actually low on Morris coming into the year, he actually could play a big role on the team now and help so much.  He's a guy who can get his own midrange shot and hopefully space to 3, and that would be a huge help.

« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2017, 10:55:55 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Early returns on Kyrie the superstar #1 scoring option on a contender ... not great.

Still, gotta give the group time to gel together.  Especially since they're missing one of the key cogs of the offense they thought they were going to be running.

Look at the Bucks -- several of their key guys have played together for a 2-3 years now.  The Celts are going to struggle in close games, not just because Kyrie won't be able to win games by himself, but because the team as a whole is not experienced at executing together.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2017, 11:01:01 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
One final thing I will say is that, although I was actually low on Morris coming into the year, he actually could play a big role on the team now and help so much.  He's a guy who can get his own midrange shot and hopefully space to 3, and that would be a huge help.

Could really use morris right about now

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2017, 11:03:16 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas

Could really use morris right about now

He is a great midrange shooter but if he can hit the three he can get a huge opportunity when he's back.  I'm hopeful that he takes it on.

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2017, 11:04:29 PM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
im a bit scared too. he threw up some shots that were questionable at best. seemed odd.  7 for 25 is a pretty bad home opener.  i was missing IT.