0 (0%)
Dallas in 5
0 (0%)
Dallas in 6
5 (19.2%)
Dallas in 7
3 (11.5%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: Poll: Who win? Minnesota-Dallas  (Read 1017 times)

rocknrollforyoursoul, Surferdad and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Re: Poll: Who win? Minnesota-Dallas
« Reply #15 on: Today at 06:42:36 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3032
  • On To Banner 18!
Dallas in 6.

Kyrie and Luka together are gonna make life difficult for MIN and while MIN's frontcourt is better, Gafford + Lively are no slouches and I think they can have some good games too. Sometimes you see a team go through a thrilling 7-game series only to sort of look lethargic the next round, and I could see MIN suffering that. Honestly I felt the C's had the same thing happen in 2022 after the Bucks series, granted they won the ECF in 7 games but it was pretty difficult and at times they played with their food. But they may have also been a Butler 3 away from not making the Finals too that season.

What really did Denver in was Murray being super inconsistent. Don't let Game 7 fool you, the guy was mediocre for most of the series and inefficient. Maybe Luka/Kyrie have an off-night but I'd be surprised if they had 3+ of them like Murray did.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #16 on: Today at 07:08:47 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1560
Dallas' lack of interior scoring is actually a plus this series and negates one of the Wolves strongest parts.  Taking Gobert, Towns, and Reid out of the paint will be huge. And it isn't like Doncic or Irving score a whole bunch in the paint either. Towns having to guard Washington on the perimeter all game will be interesting. Just really fascinated to see what the Wolves do defensively and lineup wise, as I don't think they can scheme anywhere close to the same way they schemed the Nuggets.  On the other end, I'm really curious to see if Jones can stay with Edwards defensively.

The Wolves smoked the Suns, a perimeter team, giving up just 103 ppg in a 4-game sweep.

I think Dallas's defense is the key to the series. If they are getting stops and boards they'll have an easier time getting down the court and generating shots before Minnesota's defense is set, creating chaos by making Minny's bigs having to make quick decisions on the perimeter.

Minny reminds me a lot of the Celtics from 2 years ago. They feed on defense and momentum. Play tough defense against them and protect the basketball and you steal a lot of their mojo.

IMO this is why the Suns and other bad defensive teams usually underperform in the playoffs. The 2 phases of the game feed off of one another. The jury is still out on Dallas. I'm not sure I fully believe in their role players just yet.  Kyrie and Luka are not exactly physical dynamos; covering up for their defensive deficiencies will put a lot of pressure on the Mavs supporting cast.
The Suns don't have point of contact players like the Mavs.  Luka is a wizard and Kyrie is one of the best ball handlers in league history. You can't defend them like you defend the Suns, they would brutalize you.  I just don't think the Wolves have the right pieces to properly defend them.  I don't think they have any one that can stay with Irving.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #17 on: Today at 07:17:58 PM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 981
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I wouldn’t be surprised if Dallas takes this series. Mavs are a lot more athletic after adding Washington and Gafford at the trade deadline. Their defense has been solid. They have Washington, Jones Jr and Josh Green to put on Edwards. Those guys are good defenders and they have size. Lively and Gafford should matchup well with Towns. Mavs have 2 players that can take over/close games. I expect this to be a long series…
I’d take Towns/Gobert over Lively/Gafford. Much more experience. Still, I agree Dallas should win the series.