Author Topic: Tyronn Lue is in over his head  (Read 14158 times)

Re: Tyronn Lue is in over his head
« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2016, 09:19:06 AM »

Offline CroCorvus

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
Please let's wait and see until the end of the playoffs to evaluate his job.
Right now he's done nothing special. The Cavs had an easy job in first round and eve easier in the second, so let's wait unitil they get to the finals. I'm pushing for the Raptors but I just don't see it...
Lue was solid role player during his time in the league and this is his first head coaching job so you can't that he has some automatic charisma and respect from the Cavs players...just what lbj needs... just stay out of my way coach...yuck...

« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2016, 10:06:46 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
I think if Toronto won a close game that would give me a better feeling that they have a chance in this series. this last game was more about Cleveland playing like crap. just a hunch but I don't expect Toronto to be able to pull off a tight win...then again I think they've won their last game of the season.

« Reply #62 on: May 22, 2016, 09:38:44 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1550
Did Tyrone Lue just say he didn't know whether or not his team settled for to many three point shot? He said he didn't know and he had to go look at film. He also took time to add 'honestly' to his answer.

Now we all know that when someone says 'honestly' to emphasis a point they are probably lying or embellishing.

So here is the point, if the coach does not know what is going on with his team during the game and has to go watch film, how does he make in-game adjustments?
settling for a three point shot and having a three point shot come in the regular offense aren't the same thing.  I think he knows they shot a lot of threes, he just wasn't sure if they were settling for them or they were the right shot.  I'm not saying he shouldn't know that, but just pointing out that distinction.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2016, 08:29:25 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
Lue outcoached Kerr the last three games while making the proper adjustments and substitutions.  Numerous reports of Lue constantly asking James to do more and putting a lot of pressure on James to pull this out (something most coaches in James' career haven't done including Blatt).  James obviously responded well (in part because he trusts and respects Lue).

I'd say Cleveland made the right call as I don't think Blatt could have guided this team to the title.

« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2016, 09:32:32 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
Lue outcoached Kerr the last three games while making the proper adjustments and substitutions.  Numerous reports of Lue constantly asking James to do more and putting a lot of pressure on James to pull this out (something most coaches in James' career haven't done including Blatt).  James obviously responded well (in part because he trusts and respects Lue).

I'd say Cleveland made the right call as I don't think Blatt could have guided this team to the title.
I was wrong and Promptly Admit it. He Learned from Doc how to win. Go  Lue. Now Pay the Man!!!
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2016, 09:37:43 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

I agree.  I was always waiting to see how he did before killing him but I was a doubter.  He did a great job.

Kerr made a lot of mistakes.  By the time he was playing McAdoo and extending his rotation I could tell he was lost.  Then post game 6 ran down an actual list of complaints on individual calls (saying the refs names and that they were "fooled" by certain calls) I could tell he was out of his element.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2016, 09:45:45 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Give Lue the Celtics roaster to see his real value as a coach.
I cant say Lue is better than Blatt, Blatt didnt have Love, and Kyrie was injured.

« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2016, 09:49:37 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
I cant say Lue is better than Blatt, Blatt didnt have Love, and Kyrie was injured.
Blatt didn't have the respect of the locker-room though. 

« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2016, 09:51:27 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Blatt didn't have the respect of the locker-room though.

And could not handle some of the spotlight issues.  Or dealing with stars.  There is more to coaching than X's and O's in the NBA and especially when you have certain players of a certain caliber.  I know everyone on here loves to hate Doc Rivers now but it's why he is a respected coach (he is great motivating and managing personalities).  Lue seems in the same vein.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford