Author Topic: Royce White, Rockets reach agreement. White to join D-League Associate.  (Read 1446 times)

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/21617574/royce-white-reinstated-will-join-rockets-d-league-affiliate

The Houston Rockets and Royce White have today reached an agreement that addresses the major issues that they have been discussing, provides a new start, and gives Royce the best opportunity for long term success as a Houston Rocket. This has been a learning process for both parties. The NBA and the National Basketball Players Association have approved the settlement. Royce is no longer suspended and is reinstated effective immediately. He will report to the Rio Grande Valley Vipers on February 11, 2013.

Re: Royce White, Rockets reach agreement. White to join D-League Associate.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 06:31:52 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/21617574/royce-white-reinstated-will-join-rockets-d-league-affiliate

The Houston Rockets and Royce White have today reached an agreement that addresses the major issues that they have been discussing, provides a new start, and gives Royce the best opportunity for long term success as a Houston Rocket. This has been a learning process for both parties. The NBA and the National Basketball Players Association have approved the settlement. Royce is no longer suspended and is reinstated effective immediately. He will report to the Rio Grande Valley Vipers on February 11, 2013.

Supposedly Houston added stuff he requested for a 'protocol', but not the medical professional veto over club decisions.  Don't know whether he'll be able to beg off practice or games per his doctor's request.

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 08:46:32 PM »

Offline dmopower

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 46
I was supprised that the Rockets drafted him.  Seems to me he would be much better suited to playing for an east coast team where travel by bus can get you to 60 or so games a year without any flying.
blind optimist or GENIUS

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 08:48:15 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
That's good, I'm rooting for a happy ending