Author Topic: Shams: KD "Monitoring" Situation, Kyrie Trade Looking Likely  (Read 9364 times)

Re: Shams: KD "Monitoring" Situation, Kyrie Trade Looking Likely
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2022, 09:45:45 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
How about a return "home" to Oklahoma City (trade made on August 22nd when Thunder can trade Green with others)

Durant

for

Favors, Bazley, Jerome, Green, Poku, Giddey, and 5 or 6 1st round picks (they have like 17 of them - Nets choice)

The Thunder then start shopping Holmgren and/or their other 1st rounders to add pieces around Durant and SGA to really build a contender.  Not a surefire championship team when Durant arrives, but one that can built into one and about the only place he could really go where no one would say a thing.  And they have all of the draft picks and young players the Nets seems to be looking for.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2022, 09:58:00 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
How about a return "home" to Oklahoma City (trade made on August 22nd when Thunder can trade Green with others)

Durant

for

Favors, Bazley, Jerome, Green, Poku, Giddey, and 5 or 6 1st round picks (they have like 17 of them - Nets choice)

The Thunder then start shopping Holmgren and/or their other 1st rounders to add pieces around Durant and SGA to really build a contender.  Not a surefire championship team when Durant arrives, but one that can built into one and about the only place he could really go where no one would say a thing.  And they have all of the draft picks and young players the Nets seems to be looking for.
Nets should be asking for SGA AND Holmgren as a starting point with a load of picks.  the rest aren't close to making it worth it for the Nets

« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2022, 10:00:17 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

Durant

for

Nets should be asking for SGA AND Holmgren as a starting point with a load of picks.  the rest aren't close to making it worth it for the Nets
which is ridiculous
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2022, 10:42:54 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

Durant

for

That would be a really dumb move for OKC.  There's no way Durant wants to go back to Oklahoma.  Even if they could build a contender around Durant and SGA which I doubt, Durant is about to turn 34.  They'd have spent most of their draft capital for 2 or 3 years of contending.   

« Reply #64 on: July 06, 2022, 11:11:08 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Durant

for

That is absurd
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #65 on: July 06, 2022, 11:33:58 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Durant

for

I would be surprised if OKC could get KD without giving up Holmgren, but given the amount of picks the Thunder have it's not impossible. Not sure KD would want to go there without something else being in play.

I tried to figure out something that would make sense insofar as shipping out Holmgren for another 2nd banana type talent in between KD and SGA, but I couldn't.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #66 on: July 15, 2022, 12:12:20 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
So to recap.  Kyrie expected a massive extension and the Nets said no, just pick up your option, show us you can play for a year, and we will revisit your extension in a year.  Kyrie said no, extend me or trade me or I will "test the market".  The Nets said you can test the market.

So now Kyrie is out there coming to the realization that no team who he would want to play for has any money so he isn't going to be able to find a contract.  Realizing this, his agent is trying to find someone who will trade for him but the Nets don't want to take back Westbrook or Wall.

I am holding my prediction that Kyrie ends up taking the option but still won't have a trade so he will sit out ala Simmons to try and force a trade.  If he doesn't take the option, he may end up playing for the TP-MLE ($6.4M) kind of like what happened to Schroder.  Teams like Orlando have money but does that make sense for either side for Kyrie to sign there to a long term big money contract?

As to Durant, I don't understand what he thinks he is going to accomplish trying to force a trade.  It took PHI almost a full season to trade Simmons.  I think the Nets are willing to kind of cut their losses with Kyrie and accept a mediocre trade (or just let him walk) but they are not going to do that with Durant.

Resurrecting this now that Kyrie has taken his option year and it appears that Kyrie wants to stay in BKN.  I don't know what Kyrie thought.  No one had the money to sign him to a new big contract (or at least no one who he wanted to play for).  There was also a rumor about a Durant trade to the Wolves that in my opinion was purposely asking for way more then MIN would ever accept because the Nets don't really want to trade Durant.  But Durant got the message and maybe Kyrie to that if you really want a trade, you could end up in MIN or IND or some other place you don't want to be.  I think they are both coming around to the fact that BKN isn't so bad after all.

So after all this drama, it looks like the Nets are going to start the year with Durant and Kyrie and maybe Simmons.

As for Kyrie Irving, Alex Schiffer seconded Brian Lewis’s story that Irving wants back in Brooklyn. I don’t think Irving ever wanted to leave Brooklyn. He’s from New Jersey and grew up a Nets fan when the team was on the other side of the Hudson River. He has his family there. It was only when the organization started playing hardball with him that he decided to look elsewhere. As the market for him has become solely the Lakers, maybe he’s started to realize the grass isn’t always greener across the country. 8 hours ago – via Net Income @ NetsDaily
« Last Edit: July 15, 2022, 12:24:15 PM by Vermont Green »