Author Topic: Celtics (9-7) at Hornets (7-8) Game #16 11/19/18  (Read 37136 times)

Re: Celtics (9-7) at Hornets (7-8) Game #16 11/19/18
« Reply #540 on: November 19, 2018, 09:33:29 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
When Brad pulled Kyrie in the 4th, that was game...

That and insisting on gimpy Hayward down the stretch instead of Brown when Brown actually showed some initiative and intensity today. There's like no logic or consistency with him.

When does Brad start getting murmurs about the hot seat? Seriously. NBA coaches are a dime a dozen. You don't get this type of stacked talent on one team all the time. If nice guy Brad isn't getting it done, we can't afford wasting this season with him not motivating players and making inexplicable rotation decisions costing us games. That's just asking Kyrie to leave next year.

People can think this is a hot take all they want, but it's unequivocally clear that the coaching staff has been a complete failure top to bottom this year, which is a major part of our struggles due to lack of preparation and inept in-game decision-making. Someone else can do the job if Brad can't, because it's looking more and more likely that Brad is more of a "maximizer" coach that can't actually manage this level of talent.
this i agree with. hayward made some great passes, but brown would have been more effective.

as for coaching being a "complete failure" ha ha ha...this place wouldnt be CS without a post-loss overreaction.  ;D

I know I am overreacting but that was brutal....
sorry if it was brutal. that is never my intent.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #541 on: November 19, 2018, 09:34:18 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

That and insisting on gimpy Hayward down the stretch instead of Brown when Brown actually showed some initiative and intensity today. There's like no logic or consistency with him.

When does Brad start getting murmurs about the hot seat? Seriously. NBA coaches are a dime a dozen. You don't get this type of stacked talent on one team all the time. If nice guy Brad isn't getting it done, we can't afford wasting this season with him not motivating players and making inexplicable rotation decisions costing us games. That's just asking Kyrie to leave next year.

People can think this is a hot take all they want, but it's unequivocally clear that the coaching staff has been a complete failure top to bottom this year, which is a major part of our struggles due to lack of preparation and inept in-game decision-making. Someone else can do the job if Brad can't, because it's looking more and more likely that Brad is more of a "maximizer" coach that can't actually manage this level of talent.

Yeah. This is a hot take.

Just because Brad isn't breaking chairs on the sideline, it doesn't mean he's not getting into his players. He's called this team out for settling for 2's, he's benched Tatum (for a quarter at least), he's called out their mental toughness, he's changed the starting lineup. At the end of the day, players have to execute. He can't secure rebounds for Al. He can't pull Rozier's head of his butt, he can't guard Kemba. At some point, there needs to be a players only meeting and guys have to step up.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #542 on: November 19, 2018, 09:35:15 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
I'm not that upset about this loss.  I've come to terms with the fact that this team just isn't very good right now.

I think we'll be a force come playoff time.  Nobody is going to want to play us, I'll tell you that.  But I could not envision looking worse than we have so far this season.

I’m not that upset either Kemba had to score 43. Probably what Toronto felt when Kyrie scored 43 and stole the game from them.

After the first 10 games I concluded that it’s going to take months. We’re not going to be a no.1 seed but we will make the playoffs and this team looks like it needs the playoffs to motivate them. They got plenty to fix, including learning how to shoot again, but no point tearing your hair out. Just move on to the next game  :laugh:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #543 on: November 19, 2018, 09:35:16 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
I'm not that upset about this loss.  I've come to terms with the fact that this team just isn't very good right now.

I think we'll be a force come playoff time.  Nobody is going to want to play us, I'll tell you that.  But I could not envision looking worse than we have so far this season.
I like your confidence , not sure where it’s coming from.
it might come from the celtics not making 3 pointers at their career rates. hayward is still MIA on offense. with either of those problems are removed the celtics could very well be sitting at 12-4 right now.

You can't keep playing like a good 3 pointing team when you can't shoot. You have to change it up.

and I need some Robert Williams... He can't make it worse....

« Reply #544 on: November 19, 2018, 09:35:58 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Just because Brad isn't breaking chairs on the sideline, it doesn't mean he's not getting into his players. He's called this team out for settling for 2's, he's benched Tatum (for a quarter at least), he's called out their mental toughness, he's changed the starting lineup. At the end of the day, players have to execute. He can't secure rebounds for Al. He can't pull Rozier's head of his butt, he can't guard Kemba. At some point, there needs to be a players only meeting and guys have to step up.
Where's KG when we need him?  :'(
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #545 on: November 19, 2018, 09:36:11 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Why did Jaylen get only 19 minutes?

Hayward with 30?

Bad coaching, my friend.  I'm sure me saying that will annoy a lot of people.  And as much as I like Brad, I really don't think there's any other way to put it.

Yeah, everyone can't play 28 minutes a game Brad!!

Dude has proven that he's so far been incapable of appropriately managing these guys, whether that be minutes, role, etc.

He's too nice. To do this effectively, you sometimes have to just do what needs to be done, even that doesn't make you out as the nice, calm guy.

« Reply #546 on: November 19, 2018, 09:37:50 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Guess I just have to accept we will have to win some road games in the playoffs because we  won't have home court advantage.

« Reply #547 on: November 19, 2018, 09:37:55 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Gordan Hayward is the least of our problems here. This team should have enough talent to overcome his developing play.

I'd like to see the minutes of Jaylen Brown lengthened, He plays a solid few minutes, then is taken out for what seems like extended minutes. Give him enough rope and see how he reacts with it. 

« Reply #548 on: November 19, 2018, 09:37:57 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372

I always wondered why fans feel the need to see the coach giving the team a spray or criticize them in public. Jose Mourinho who coaches Manchester United in the English Premier Leafue does that to his players all the time, throws them under the bus after each loss and that teams morale is at a low ebb.

None of us are in the locker room and none of us know what is being said behind closed doors.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #549 on: November 19, 2018, 09:38:34 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175

But this team is shooting 28% from 3 tonight and 50% from 2. Maybe Brad is wrong and they should shoot more twos. He changed the starting line up but played Hayward more minutes...

« Reply #550 on: November 19, 2018, 09:38:37 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Anyone saw CB article today “GH is back on form”?
Picked a bad day for that.

« Reply #551 on: November 19, 2018, 09:39:31 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Anyone saw CB article today “GH is back on form”?
Picked a bad day for that.
Mega jinx, lol
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #552 on: November 19, 2018, 09:39:37 PM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593

Came to ask about this.  Only was able to tune in in the 4th.  Looks like Brown didn't play the last 15 minutes or so, and only played 19 total.  His box score stats look good for his minutes, but only Baynes and Theis played less.  So what was up with Brown tonight, did he not hustle, or miss some defense assignments, or something?

Actually is he in the dog house?  Every regular starter, including Hayward, has multiple 30+ minute games over the last 6 games, except for Brown.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #553 on: November 19, 2018, 09:39:42 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Maybe we should have tried Jaylen on Kemba to give him more length to get over.

« Reply #554 on: November 19, 2018, 09:40:09 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1666
I’m not sure what to say about this one. 

I don’t think the usual “no offensive identity/chemistry” complaint applies tonight.  We scored 112 and shot 50% from the field.  Still not hitting as much as we should from 3, but still... 112 should get it done.

But the defense, which has been our saving grace this season, was the opposite tonight.  Can’t give up 117 to freaking Charlotte.  And we’re becoming a common victim of scoring guards.  Booker.  Murray.  Kemba.  If that happens once or twice, it’s a fluke.  Now it’s becoming a trend. 

Frustrating.