Author Topic: how about them wolves  (Read 7255 times)

Re: how about them wolves
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2014, 09:08:25 AM »

Offline European NBA fan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
Rubio was Spain's most consistent player in FIBA and one of the best defenders in the tournament. In their only lost game against France, he was the only Spanish guard who was able to penetrate and dish, while the others simply got pushed out of position by France's quite physical defense.

Some players on the roster, we haven't mentioned: Mo Williams, Chase Budinger, Shabazz Muhammad. Mo is a pretty good veteran to have in the locker room and on the floor, Budinger is all right as 9th-10th man on the roster, and I'm still intrigued by Shabazz.

Rubio may have in fact had a good performance in FIBA, not that I would know, but whatever international success he has enjoyed has not translated well to the NBA.

By and large, Rubio has statically been one of the worst starting PG's in the NBA over the last 2 seasons. He just has not been a very good NBA player. I wouldn't want him anywhere near the Celtics.

I agree that he hasn't proven himself in the NBA yet. He needs a breakout season. Someone recommended that he should take after Rondo, because Rondo might not be a better shooter than Rubio, but he makes way better decisions about when and where to shoot.

« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2014, 03:51:22 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Rubio was Spain's most consistent player in FIBA and one of the best defenders in the tournament. In their only lost game against France, he was the only Spanish guard who was able to penetrate and dish, while the others simply got pushed out of position by France's quite physical defense.

Some players on the roster, we haven't mentioned: Mo Williams, Chase Budinger, Shabazz Muhammad. Mo is a pretty good veteran to have in the locker room and on the floor, Budinger is all right as 9th-10th man on the roster, and I'm still intrigued by Shabazz.

Rubio may have in fact had a good performance in FIBA, not that I would know, but whatever international success he has enjoyed has not translated well to the NBA.

By and large, Rubio has statically been one of the worst starting PG's in the NBA over the last 2 seasons. He just has not been a very good NBA player. I wouldn't want him anywhere near the Celtics.

I agree that he hasn't proven himself in the NBA yet. He needs a breakout season. Someone recommended that he should take after Rondo, because Rondo might not be a better shooter than Rubio, but he makes way better decisions about when and where to shoot.

The big thing is that Rubio can't even shoot close to the rim.  Rondo shoots at a very high level close to the rim and Rubio is pretty much just as bad as he is from everywhere else.  It's what makes him so poor.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2014, 05:57:31 PM »

Offline AidaCelt

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 13
that team is stacked with young talent and has solid veteran core to boot.
after all the flack flip took i'd have to say he did alright this summer.

look at this mix of young talent and vets...
C: Dieng, Pekovic
PF: Bennett, Young
SF: Wiggins, Brewer
SG: LaVine, Martin
PG: Rubio, Williams

Seriously, i cant think of a team that is better positioned for the future than the Twolves.

nicely done Flip

My concern with the Wolves is I don't rate their veteran core at all. Martin is on the back end of his career and if the kids don't handle things well, who carries the team or provides that leadership
Expectations, Execution, No Excuses

« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2014, 07:35:04 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
Sub 25 win team for years to come.
Some of their fans think LaVine will become Westbrook.