Author Topic: Guershon Yabusele  (Read 18250 times)

Re: Guershon Yabusele
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2018, 01:28:28 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Yabusele’s MRI good
An MRI of Guerschon Yabusele’s left knee was negative, but he was held out of Sunday’s game against the Hawks as a precautionary measure. Yabusele complained of knee soreness after Friday’s win over the Chicago Bulls and did not practice Saturday .

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2018, 01:59:39 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 619
Yabu is better than Semi and Jabari is better than Nader.

I couldn't disagree more. I don't see what others do in Yabu not even a little bit. Some of you see a lite version of Draymond Green I see a lite version of Malik Rose.
ok fine

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2018, 02:18:04 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033

I couldn't disagree more. I don't see what others do in Yabu not even a little bit. Some of you see a lite version of Draymond Green I see a lite version of Malik Rose.

Yabu > Semi is a "couldn't disagree more"? That's a little strong considering Semi might not stick in the league himself.

Yabu has a long, long way to go but he was good in France, and he was arguably the best of the bunch in Maine this year, too (20/8/3/2). Don't get me wrong, he could amount to nothing, but people aren't crazy for seeing potential in a guy with a freakish body (even by NBA standards) who can shoot 3s and do a little of everything on the court.

He's played 200 minutes in the NBA scattered over 32 games. I'm not convinced anyone here can judge him by the "eye test" at this point. He's had basically zero on-court opportunity so far.

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2018, 02:46:55 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I will be really interested to see how Yabu performs next preseason. This will be a huge off-season for Yabu to prove he deserves a long term spot on this team.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2018, 03:08:39 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Yabu once he "gets" it , could be a nice role player

a player with his size/mobility/athleticism/versatility is a unique combination.  Like a Draymond  (minus as good ball handling or passing skills)

so far like his hustle and not shy to get physical under the basket at both ends

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2018, 03:23:41 AM »

Offline GRADYCOLNON

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
Yabu once he "gets" it , could be a nice role player

a player with his size/mobility/athleticism/versatility is a unique combination.  Like a Draymond  (minus as good ball handling or passing skills)

so far like his hustle and not shy to get physical under the basket at both ends

Once Yabu gets it, he has a chance to start. The kid does exactly what teams running this style offense are looking to utilize.  Guard multiple positions, hustles, passes/unselfish, stretches defenses, improving driving ability, mobile. 

We drafted this kid as a project with high upside.  He is fantastically athletic for a guy his size with room to grow, especially considering he only picked up the sport in 2012. 

I'm not saying he starts next year, he needs to earn his minutes just like everyone else, but this past month has done a lot potentially for his confidence and for Ainge and Stevens to take notice.  He can stand to improve his all-around game and sure up defensive rotations but those things are learnable as you play more and more against elite competition. 

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2018, 04:45:25 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

that's a pretty bad comp considering Malik made 0 threes in bis entire career.

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2018, 04:55:10 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I love him.

His offensive arsenal is pretty solid, he's a good passer and rebounder, and his defence is coming along quite nicely. Plus his athletic profile is pretty unique.

Add a goofy personality and you've got a bundle of fun
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2018, 08:17:10 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Love his hustle. Needs to attack hoop more. Has Lebron like strength, like a freight train. Can’t be just a 3 and D guy, would be a waste of his size and strength.

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2018, 08:19:31 AM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 619

that's a pretty bad comp considering Malik made 0 threes in bis entire career.

oh I see one aspect isn't perfect so the comparison is wrong. High fives!
ok fine

« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2018, 09:48:57 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
nice game by the big fella

pure hustle. 

Good job by Danny playing Yabu vs Semi.  Celts needed size to offset Bucks lenth

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2018, 10:01:49 AM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
The C's will need to shed some salary just to stay under the luxury penalty next year. We'll see how the rest of the playoffs plays out, but we might see Baynes go if the team thinks Yabu can cover his minutes. I think he can handle it. He has the potential to be a very good defender, and nobody is going to push him around, no matter how big they are.

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2018, 10:06:03 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
The C's will need to shed some salary just to stay under the luxury penalty next year. We'll see how the rest of the playoffs plays out, but we might see Baynes go if the team thinks Yabu can cover his minutes. I think he can handle it. He has the potential to be a very good defender, and nobody is going to push him around, no matter how big they are.

Not sure about resigning Baynes but I doubt Yabu can hold grounds against Gortat/Valenciuanas of the worlds

Celts still need at least one of Baynes , Monroe type size/height body next season

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2018, 10:16:34 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Brad trusted Yabu to defend Freak for stretches last night, and he did well (as can be expected).

Yabu with a little more confidence offensively will be able to supplant Baynes. He has as much length when you factor in his wing span, and size.  Even if Baynes returns, I see our need for him will be diminished.

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2018, 10:22:29 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Brad trusted Yabu to defend Freak for stretches last night, and he did well (as can be expected).

Yabu with a little more confidence offensively will be able to supplant Baynes. He has as much length when you factor in his wing span, and size.  Even if Baynes returns, I see our need for him will be diminished.

tough matchup all around

but Yabu did a solid job (not surprising) on Zeller. Boxing him out every single time

Yabus shot blocking and stealing ability is surprising to me the most