Author Topic: No Doubt: Rondo was Outta here - Bound for Sac/Seattle 4 DMC&TEvans!  (Read 3006 times)

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
After hearing the reports about Lee, Barbosa and Bass (especially Lee) I'm convinced that if Boston continued to keep loosing (pre-Rondo injury), then DA would have packaged Rondo, Bass and picks for Cousins and Tyreke Evans.
I dunno but it all seems to make sense to me! Rondo known for being a dominant pg was not making life easy for Lee, Barbosa and I'm sure Terry. Avery Bradley probably got used to Rondo's game but the other guards couldn't do that. And with proven talent like JET, Barbosa and Lee, I could see DA rolling the dice on removing Rondo from the equation. A Cousins addition would have made it easier for spacing and pick and rolls. Evans would have given us a combo guard instead of a more traditional one with Lee and JET coming off the bench.
Rondo would have been the new face of the franchise there while we land Cousins and Evans.
Now without knowing the numbers, I'm sure that DA would probably had to get another team involved to facilitate it.
We would have fulfilled our weakness in getting a legit Big to pair with KG for the next few years. We would have lost an All-Star PG in Rondo, but gained a combo guard in T. Evans.

Did anyone else see this as a possibility?

Re: No Doubt: Rondo was Outta here - Bound for Sac/Seattle 4 DMC&TEvans!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 11:47:21 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I don't think Sacramento / Seattle would have made that deal until the off-season.  I think they'll dangle DMC to teams who have the top 3-4 picks and other young assets before looking to trade DMC for veterans who make more money.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 11:49:09 AM »

Offline ChainSmokingLikeDino

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 96
After hearing the reports about Lee, Barbosa and Bass (especially Lee) I'm convinced that if Boston continued to keep loosing (pre-Rondo injury), then DA would have packaged Rondo, Bass and picks for Cousins and Tyreke Evans.
I dunno but it all seems to make sense to me! Rondo known for being a dominant pg was not making life easy for Lee, Barbosa and I'm sure Terry. Avery Bradley probably got used to Rondo's game but the other guards couldn't do that. And with proven talent like JET, Barbosa and Lee, I could see DA rolling the dice on removing Rondo from the equation. A Cousins addition would have made it easier for spacing and pick and rolls. Evans would have given us a combo guard instead of a more traditional one with Lee and JET coming off the bench.
Rondo would have been the new face of the franchise there while we land Cousins and Evans.
Now without knowing the numbers, I'm sure that DA would probably had to get another team involved to facilitate it.
We would have fulfilled our weakness in getting a legit Big to pair with KG for the next few years. We would have lost an All-Star PG in Rondo, but gained a combo guard in T. Evans.

Did anyone else see this as a possibility?

As that trade doesn't even work financially (forgetting that it goes against what almost all reports have said) I would have to say no.

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 11:52:50 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I think Danny would have pulled the trigger on that, but I just don't think Sacramento was in any place to make trades, and they still may not be before the deadline. 

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 12:18:33 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

When's the last time an nba team shipped a star player out of town to satisfy the wishes of a role player?

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 12:27:04 PM »

Online scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
Yeah trade our best and only young star because an average role player couldn't accept or carve out his role playing with rondo...uh that would be singlehandedly the most ridiculous reason ever. How about get rid of lee? How about the fact rondo played great and made our 2ND best player better?

If he would have done this trade it would have nothing to do with a couple role scrubs unhappiness

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2013, 12:32:50 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Ding ding ding.
  When's the last time an nba team shipped a star player out of town to satisfy the wishes of a role player?

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2013, 12:51:11 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75

Danny's Motto: We will do whatever is in the best interest of the team.
The way I see it - its not to satisfy DMC but to better the C's.

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2013, 01:11:56 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

Yeah, Danny doesn't care what the players want, role player or otherwise.  If he did a deal like this, it would be because he thought he could redeem Cousins and Tyreke, and turn them into the superstars their talent suggests they are capable of. 

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2013, 01:33:17 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Danny's Motto: We will do whatever is in the best interest of the team.
The way I see it - its not to satisfy DMC but to better the C's.

Was that a serious reply? The role players I was referring to was Lee.