Author Topic: Fire Joe! ... or critique Joe ... or defend Joe... or worry about Joe's coaching  (Read 234515 times)

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25611
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Aided in a serious injury? Come on, this is hyperbole. You have no idea when the "serious injury" occurred. The internet doctors online are guessing.

Deep breathing people. Porzingis isn't out for the playoffs. And if he was, it wouldn't be Joe's fault, and they would still have a good chance to win a championship.

Right.  No accountability.  Joe said he saw KP was "injured" (his words) but left him in the game anyway. Anybody with a pair of eyeballs can see that what started out as a slight limp became much more severe. But let's play make believe.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1468
What about the dirty foul that Bam did to JT, which hurt his ankle. Should Joe have pulled Tatum and sent him back to the locker room for evaluation. Maybe just have him sit the rest of the game so it doesn’t get worse. I get that it’s easy to blame the coach, but it really doesn’t seem reasonable most of the time.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 322
What about the dirty foul that Bam did to JT, which hurt his ankle. Should Joe have pulled Tatum and sent him back to the locker room for evaluation. Maybe just have him sit the rest of the game so it doesn’t get worse. I get that it’s easy to blame the coach, but it doesn’t really seem reasonable most of the time.

I've been told that "fan" is short for fanatic. A fanatic is a person exhibiting excessive enthusiasm and intense uncritical devotion toward some controversial matter.

Some think that this season ended when Joe wasn't fired after last year's ECF. Others think that the season ended last night. I'm holding out hope.

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
What about the dirty foul that Bam did to JT, which hurt his ankle. Should Joe have pulled Tatum and sent him back to the locker room for evaluation. Maybe just have him sit the rest of the game so it doesn’t get worse. I get that it’s easy to blame the coach, but it really doesn’t seem reasonable most of the time.

Of course it would have been reasonable to pull Tatum and evaluate him.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Online bdm860

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 4595
If you think you can't hate Joe any more, just imagine if the Porzingis/Tatum injuries happened in Game 5 instead of Game 4.

"It's Joe's fault we were even playing Game 5 to begin with!"

Ha.

Please let there be no injures tonight in an easy win.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2977
I ll wait to see how Little Joe does tonight.  He should be able to figure out how to win a game AT home with far and away the better club .

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

I agree. But it wouldn’t be reasonable to blame Tatum’s ankle injury on a coach, whether it was Ime or Joe. We don’t know if Porzingis’ muscle strain happened right when he started to limp. It could have been mildly strained before the game. We don’t know how much it worsened after the ensuing minute of play. It’s unfortunate, but not the first time KP has been hurt. If he was known for his health, he’d be on the Knicks or Mavs.

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

I agree. But it wouldn’t be reasonable to blame Tatum’s ankle injury on a coach, whether it was Ime or Joe. We don’t know if Porzingis’ muscle strain happened right when he started to limp. It could have been mildly strained before the game. We don’t know how much it worsened after the ensuing minute of play. It’s unfortunate, but not the first time KP has been hurt. If he was known for his health, he’d be on the Knicks or Mavs.

We know it worsened, because we saw it in real time.

Offline Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1468

So why weren’t people clamoring for Joe to get Tatum off the court? JT looked to be in quite a bit of pain after that play.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

So why weren’t people clamoring for Joe to get Tatum off the court? JT looked to be in quite a bit of pain after that play.

The anti-Joe takes get even more unreasonable and predictable. Something bad happened? Let's blame Joe. God forbid they lose another playoff game this year.

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2967

Except Tatum immediately recovered and wasn't limping or anything, unlike KP who was limping the rest of the time after that ankle turn.

Also - big difference between an oft-injured KP and what is essentially the NBA's iron man in JT who never misses games except for rest.

(All that being said - it seemed pretty quick after the ankle roll (within 2-3 possessions) that he strained the calf, so I don't think it was that unreasonable that he hadn't brought him out yet. If he was struggling with it over a much longer time period, then I think that's more questionable. But I think we have the benefit of hindsight when second guessing the decision to not immediately yank him out. So I don't put too much of that on Joe.)

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Except Tatum immediately recovered and wasn't limping or anything, unlike KP who was limping the rest of the time after that ankle turn.

Also - big difference between an oft-injured KP and what is essentially the NBA's iron man in JT who never misses games except for rest.

(All that being said - it seemed pretty quick after the ankle roll (within 2-3 possessions) that he strained the calf, so I don't think it was that unreasonable that he hadn't brought him out yet. If he was struggling with it over a much longer time period, then I think that's more questionable. But I think we have the benefit of hindsight when second guessing the decision to not immediately yank him out. So I don't put too much of that on Joe.)

Not hindsight here.  I called it at the time when he first started limping. Then he was knocked to the ground. It made no sense to leave him in the game, and by Joe's own words, he knew KP was injured but kept him out there.

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 745
Blaming Mazzulla for an injury-prone players' injury is this thread in a nutshell.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3029
  • On To Banner 18!
Got all the criticism after Game 2. Mostly deserved.

But... 3 straight blowout wins in a row as well.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2025
Good job Joe, good response by our players after a terrible game 2.  Seems like our entire team took that loss personally.  The Heat never stood a chance after that.