Author Topic: Rumor: Reggie Jackson won't fall past Celtics  (Read 15369 times)

Re: Reggie Jackson cancelled all of scheduled workouts
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2011, 11:32:10 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Chad Ford Via Twitter confirms that Reggie Jackson cancelled all the workouts and interviews.  8) Hopefully a promise by the Celtics. If the Celtics don't pull the trigger, Chad Ford reaffirms on Twitter my worst case scenario Reggie going to the heat. He won't slip past the Heat @ 31.

I would to keep Reggie Jackson away from the Heat. Celtics most definitely wll use #25 to pick a PF/C. And that would mean Reggie Jackson is still on the board (according to most mock drafts). The next team that has a need for a PG is Miami. My worst nightmare comes to fruition. Because I have a sneaking suspicion if the Celtics didn't have a dire need upfront, they would draft Reggie Jackson albeit he is available @25.
Awful news if that were to happen.  >:(

I don't think that whoever the Heat get with the 31st pick will make a big impact on their team, just like they probably aren't worried about Danny taking someone at 25 that will tilt the balance of power.

Also, is Jackson that much better than Chalmers? 
Not as good a shooter but a much better athlete. The draft that Chalmers came out in was much better however.

Chalmers is a much better defender though, isn't he? 

« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2011, 11:45:20 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Chad Ford Via Twitter confirms that Reggie Jackson cancelled all the workouts and interviews.  8) Hopefully a promise by the Celtics. If the Celtics don't pull the trigger, Chad Ford reaffirms on Twitter my worst case scenario Reggie going to the heat. He won't slip past the Heat @ 31.

I would to keep Reggie Jackson away from the Heat. Celtics most definitely wll use #25 to pick a PF/C. And that would mean Reggie Jackson is still on the board (according to most mock drafts). The next team that has a need for a PG is Miami. My worst nightmare comes to fruition. Because I have a sneaking suspicion if the Celtics didn't have a dire need upfront, they would draft Reggie Jackson albeit he is available @25.
Awful news if that were to happen.  >:(

I don't think that whoever the Heat get with the 31st pick will make a big impact on their team, just like they probably aren't worried about Danny taking someone at 25 that will tilt the balance of power.

Also, is Jackson that much better than Chalmers? 
Not as good a shooter but a much better athlete. The draft that Chalmers came out in was much better however.

Chalmers is a much better defender though, isn't he? 

Right now yes, but Nobody at BC plays much D.  I think Reggie has the talent and attributes to play very good D, but so do alot of guys.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2011, 11:50:06 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
I sure as hell hope that he has a promise from ANOTHER team.  I really don't want the Celtics to go in this direction.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2011, 11:53:20 AM »

Offline FrDrake

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 43
If the Cs pick Jackson that means Bradley is a bust already.

« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2011, 11:57:59 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I sure as hell hope that he has a promise from ANOTHER team.  I really don't want the Celtics to go in this direction.

I just don't want us to pick at his position. If we are to grab a guy at that position, I want it to be him.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2011, 12:09:12 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson

Not necessarily.  All it means is that Danny feels Jackson is the best value in the draft at that point.  Danny is collecting assets, not building and NBDL team. 

Re: Rumor: Reggie Jackson won't fall past Celtics
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2011, 12:14:36 PM »

Offline birdwatcher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 126
  • Another undersized Celtic...
nothing against Jackson but I dont believe a word that comes out of anyones mouth when it comes to sources about the Celtics draft plans.  Danny loves screw around with everyones head so he can put himself into position to try and get the real player hes targeting.
I agree that when all the talk of player promises are prominent and out in the open a couple weeks before the draft that it is just a bluff to divert the attention away from the pick you really want. Especially for a guy that has been projected to go in the second round on just about every board I've seen. That doesn't mean squat in the end, but it seems unlikely we'd make a promise to a guy projected to be a pick in the 40s...that said I just checked a draft board before posting, and one of them has moved Jackson up to 24 to OKC....

« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2011, 12:14:45 PM »

Offline FrDrake

• Al Horford

Not necessarily.  All it means is that Danny feels Jackson is the best value in the draft at that point.  Danny is collecting assets, not building and NBDL team. 

This may well be true.  But Jackson and Bradley can't both get minutes to develop behind Rondo.  It won't help their development if they can't play, which doesn't help the acquiring assets strategy.

« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2011, 12:17:15 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson

This may well be true.  But Jackson and Bradley can't both get minutes to develop behind Rondo.  It won't help their development if they can't play, which doesn't help the acquiring assets strategy.

While I agree with that, I would take drafting Jackson as more of a statement about the other guys available than anything else.

Having to deal with a bit of a logjam of guys you think are quality players is a better situation than drafting guys that you just don't like, who happen to play positions of need.

Now, I am not saying Danny is actually high on Bradley.  I just don't think the drafting of Jackson tells us that.

« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2011, 04:41:33 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Jackson to OKC at #24.

http://twitter.com/#!/nbadraftnet
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 05:06:07 PM by Lucky17 »
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2011, 07:51:09 PM »

Offline FrDrake

• Al Horford
Jackson to OKC at #24.

http://twitter.com/#!/nbadraftnet

It's generally not good to be picking behind smart teams like Dallas, SA, and OKC, but in this case I can live with it.  I'd like to see Jeremy Tyler in green not another tweener guard.

« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2011, 01:11:35 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
According to Ford, the promise is from the Heat at 31.  Doesn't mean he won't go before that though.