Author Topic: Moving on...  (Read 3229 times)

Moving on...
« on: June 20, 2008, 10:34:30 AM »

Offline munjman

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 10
Hey Guys, I am just as excited as all of your of the Celts winning the Championship, as I went to the parade and celebrated as you all have been doing over the past couple of days.

Now with the parade, I feel like we got a little closure to this championship, and being the business man that I am, I feel like its time to move on to next week - I.E. THE DRAFT.

Yes the draft really is next week, im sure everyone (it seems like Jeff included) except Danny Ainge, has forgotten about it, as I havn't heard the slightest bit of information about who we should draft.

With that said, I know that we are in good hands with Ainge in choosing our players in this upcoming draft (ANYONE WANT TO DISAGREE WITH ME NOW???)

The Spurs were always able to catch stars towards the end of the first round, which is how they were able to maintain a championship caliber team (i.e. Manu Ginobli, etc). Hell even the Pats managed to make due, creating pro-bowlers such as Logan Mankins with the last pick in the first round)

Its now time for the future so what position do you think we need to fill, and who is the man that is obtainable judging by the fact that we have the 30th pick, and the 68(?) pick too.

P.S. is there a Mel Kiper Jr (a man that has nothing else to do his entire life, but drool over college football players) equivalent for the NBA?

Re: Moving on...
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 11:20:26 AM »

Offline drza44

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 187
Several.  Chad Ford on ESPN, NBAdraft.net, and DraftExpress are the three draft sites that I like to check out.

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 11:30:33 AM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
Chad Ford is good for rumors.

DraftExpress is the best, by far, when it comes to players evaluation and scouting.

We have the 60th pick, not the 68th ;)

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 11:31:17 AM »

Offline GreenPride

• The Green Kornet
It feels good to finally have a low draft pick!!!!  WHOO HOOO!! ;D

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 11:53:14 AM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
It feels good to finally have a low draft pick!!!!  WHOO HOOO!! ;D

Technically it's a high draft pick...The highest, actually  ;)
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2008, 11:57:27 AM »

Offline GreenPride

• The Green Kornet
How many of us are glad we didn't get the #1 overall last year.  The season would have been totally different.

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2008, 12:08:48 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Chad Ford is good for rumors.

DraftExpress is the best, by far, when it comes to players evaluation and scouting.

We have the 60th pick, not the 68th ;)

I am not a fan of DX scouting.  I think they are by far the most complete site, and they go much more in depth than the other sites.  However, I have often disagreed by a lot of their scouting reports (although I will say that I think they improved dramatically last year).

Personally, I like Chad Ford, because he reports directly what NBA scouts and GMs say, and he is a little more blatant about what is his opinion, and what he was told by execs and scouts. If you have a good "BS filter" I think you can get a lot out of his reports, because after a while you can see patterns and be able to pick out which information to ignore.

NBAdraft.net also has a very good mock draft.  Their player cards are often dated and questionable, but it is a good reference to see where players may be projected.

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2008, 03:17:39 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
I agree with you about Ford; I didn't mean to diminish him using the word "rumors". It's definitely the best place to gather info.

I agree that DX scouting improved, but I think it's pretty good right now. It's normal that reasonable people have different opinions about prospects (especially if they don't follow the players for long periods of time).