Author Topic: Who Will Our Draft Pick Be?  (Read 24325 times)

Re: Who Will Our Draft Pick Be?
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2008, 08:18:58 PM »

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170
im a courtney lee fan but i read orlando has been to see him now twice and really like his game. im not sure he makes it to 30. after watching some tape of him he actually reminds me of a more athletic rip hamilton. bill walker got hurt in that same knee he had surgery on earlier but hes staying in the draft. his agent says some teams at the bottom of the 1st rnd will be interested. so i say bill walker comes here. hes a huge fan of paul pierce and likes our offense.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2008, 08:28:33 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
i like hardin.

but don't discount hendrix out of bama. really seems like an ainge type of value, but he really duplicates powe/baby. at least hardin is more of a center than those two.

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2008, 08:45:59 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Good Question

Too bad I don't watch college ball much, but from what i've checked out on Draft Express.

The players we might have a shot at, and i can see us realistically taking.

DeVon Hardin (sounds like a more athletic perkins), JJ Hickson (Athletic with an aggressive style of play), and Chris Douglas-Roberts (Sounds like TA with more handles)

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2008, 08:59:29 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
wait, I thought it was obvious that if Doc won the title he could draft Jerimiah Rivers at#30

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2008, 09:00:31 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
i like hardin.

but don't discount hendrix out of bama. really seems like an ainge type of value, but he really duplicates powe/baby. at least hardin is more of a center than those two.

Hmmm, interesting (Hendrix).  He has a cool name, but I don't know much about him.  Size wise, he seems similar to Powe, so a real duplication, but we have seen that doesn't stop DA from drafting who he thinks is best (which inevitably earns him poor "draft grades" by the "experts").
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2008, 12:38:02 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan06

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
I think Courtney Lee is the guy.

I think the only way we don't draft Lee is

1) We trade up or down

2) A big man that we don't know about that DA covets is available at 30.  I also think its highly likely DA (who was willing to take him at pick #% last year) would make a run at Roy Hibbert if he was available still.  Doc is familiar with him from his kid playing with him and he's 7"2.  I don't think he could be a franchise center but on a championship team like us with the best big man coach around (Clifford Ray) he could be at his best behind Perk.  Plus we need length at the center since our backup PF's are on the short side (Baby/Powe).

But barring those two things if Courtney Lee is availbe he is the dude.  He's 6'5 defends, and shoots well and has a great attitude.  Plus he's a perfect insurance policy if we don't retain House or Tony Allen and even if we do he can play in the D-league for a year but he's skilled enough to get some minutes this year.

It makes the most sense and is the best option.  We're not going for a PG in the draft because we have a young (but seasoned) starting PG and an even younger untested back combo guard in Pruitt.  For a PG with Sam (hopefully) out of the picture we need a mid career guy 25-30 years old to put in between Rondo and Pruitt on our PG depth chart.  (Steve Blake comes to mind).

Big man wise if we don't get one in the draft Diop is avaialble in free agency and if he wants similar money to his previous contract we could afford him.  Perfect fit for the team he has Perks skill set, he's just taller.

We need a veteran PG backup so in the draft regardless if we don't trade we're going Wing or big.

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2008, 12:54:01 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I like Hardin a lot but I think someone will end up slipping to us that we didn't expect like maybe one of the guys from Kansas Chalmers or Rush
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2008, 01:08:48 AM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
i'm starting to think about Luc Richard Mbah a Moute.

with all the talk about how good our defense was in the playoffs, i am wondering how important bringing in player with a defensive mindset will be for the future.

Mbah is long and athletic and plays great D. he wouldn't be a flashy pick, but could be really effective for us...

also the guy out of Oregon has the tools to become a great player - Malik Hairston. he was a big time prospect coming out of HS that didn't quite deliver in college, but maybe the pros is where that talent will come together...a la Rondo (another top HS kid that didn't have a great time in college).
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 01:08:49 PM by winsomme »

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2008, 01:41:18 AM »

Offline kw10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 49
  • KG is da Man
Chris Douglas-Roberts is my guy, love his game, I think he'd be a steal at #30, so we probably won't get him.

But Nathan Jawai will also be good-some home love for the guy from down under-he won't be a bust I can tell you that right now if anyone's worrying.

Also Jason Thompson, only seen couple clips of him, but I like him.
Anything is possible!!!

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2008, 07:52:15 AM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
I don't particularly like any of the players who are projected to be available at #30.  As I keep saying, their best option is a young big with upside.  Send him to the weight room for a year.

I doubt if DeAndre Jordan, Brook Lopez, Roy Hibbert, Mareese Speights, Alexis Ajinca or Javale McGee will slip, but you never know. I don't really know anything about Nathan Jawai or the two Turkish 7 footers.

DeVon Hardin may well be there, but the problem with him is that he's a project (no offensive game whatsoever) who also played 4 years in college.  Why didn't he develop before this?

I'm hoping that, when it's Detroit's turn to pick at #29, both Bill Walker and Ajinca are available.  Detroit takes one, we get the other.  I see no reason to draft a player like Courtney Lee.  Why waste a pick on Gabe Pruitt's backup?

One kid I do like is Kyle Weaver from Washington State, because he has true pg skills at 6-6.  I would not mind seeing the Celtics try to move up to the middle of the 2nd round to get him.

« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2008, 08:43:12 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I don't particularly like any of the players who are projected to be available at #30.  As I keep saying, their best option is a young big with upside.  Send him to the weight room for a year.

I doubt if DeAndre Jordan, Brook Lopez, Roy Hibbert, Mareese Speights, Alexis Ajinca or Javale McGee will slip, but you never know. I don't really know anything about Nathan Jawai or the two Turkish 7 footers.

DeVon Hardin may well be there, but the problem with him is that he's a project (no offensive game whatsoever) who also played 4 years in college.  Why didn't he develop before this?

I'm hoping that, when it's Detroit's turn to pick at #29, both Bill Walker and Ajinca are available.  Detroit takes one, we get the other.  I see no reason to draft a player like Courtney Lee.  Why waste a pick on Gabe Pruitt's backup?

One kid I do like is Kyle Weaver from Washington State, because he has true pg skills at 6-6.  I would not mind seeing the Celtics try to move up to the middle of the 2nd round to get him.

I strongly agree with picking Ajinca, our trainers have got other players in great shape (like Perk losing 40 pounds from when he began his career) I don't see why they couldn't help this guy add like 20 pounds of muscle. On draft express it said he had a 7'9 wingspan (WHAT?!) all his video clips and reviews make me think he'd be a good pick. That being said if we can trade our pick for two early seconds then we might be able to get Hardin and Walker (according to a few mock drafts) I think bringing in those two would make a great draft.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2008, 09:01:18 AM »

Offline Mean Gerald Green

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 212
  • Cool Runnings

Good points Brick...I'm all for Bill Walker, I think his knee will be fine and his upside is through the roof. He might not be available, but if he is, we should pounce.

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2008, 09:32:26 AM »

Offline MrBlonde

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 2
Not sure why so many people think we will draft Courtney Lee, it will not be at 30. He will be gone by the early 20s. CDR is slipping due to less than stellar athleticism. He is definitely not TA with handles, more like Rip Hamilton with a little less athleticism.  However, he is very long arms and good size.  I think Danny might have to move up a few spots to get him but it would be worth it. He has a great mid-range game and a great feel for the game, the 3 ball will come with time.

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2008, 09:42:49 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Not sure why so many people think we will draft Courtney Lee, it will not be at 30. He will be gone by the early 20s. CDR is slipping due to less than stellar athleticism. He is definitely not TA with handles, more like Rip Hamilton with a little less athleticism.  However, he is very long arms and good size.  I think Danny might have to move up a few spots to get him but it would be worth it. He has a great mid-range game and a great feel for the game, the 3 ball will come with time.

Why do you think the three ball will come to him with time?  He has played 3 years of college in a very weak conference with good interior players and drivers to suck the defense in and he still hasnt developed a good college three point game.  What makes you think he will develop an NBA 3 point game?
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2008, 09:43:11 AM »

Offline Mon

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 35
Lofton, Hendrix, or Dorsey please.

They were very productive against top competition.