Author Topic: Who Will Our Draft Pick Be?  (Read 24226 times)

Who Will Our Draft Pick Be?
« on: June 18, 2008, 05:10:38 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Just for some fun state who you think will be our draft pick at #30. (Besides it is a long off-season unless you guys want to become CFL fans like me. Go Blue Bombers. Where was I again? Oh yeah). I'll give two TPs for every correct answer.

Re: Who Will Be Our Draft Pick ?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 05:40:57 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
DeVon Hardin.
He will probably be BPA if not selected by that point, and provides nice length and athleticism, plus is a good defender.
Celtics fan for life.

Re: Who Will Our Draft Pick Be?
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 05:52:51 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
For some reason, I really think Courtney Lee might be the guy. 

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 05:54:48 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
JJ Hickson if he's there will probably be BPA

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 05:56:09 PM »

Offline steve

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
 Ibaka
 or   
 Jawai

All bigs from oversees.  Ibaka is from the Congo and could be a steal.  Jawai is who nbadraftnet has us taking.  He likes to dunk.  

I wouldn't rule out a college senior that could come right in and help but of all the years and all the drafts this one is perfect for a "project guy".  

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 07:14:41 PM »

Offline Dino Radjas Fadja

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 9
Probably gone way before # 30 but Chris Douglas Roberts is my fav player in this draft. His game reminds me of Rip Hamilton and he could be an effective sixth man type from the get go. In actuality I think the C's go with the best defensive SG/SF or C available.

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 07:16:41 PM »

Offline VinBakersBartender

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 8
As a Kansas fan. I am hoping that the trend continues and that 3 year college player slides and we steal Brandon Rush. Danny as always will find a solid player at 30..
"The only time I want to talk to a woman when I'm naked is if I'm on top of her or she's on top of me."
-- Former Tigers pitcher Jack Morris on female sportswriters

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 07:19:36 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
I have a gut feeling it's 6'5 Courtney Lee, the guard.

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008, 07:32:09 PM »

Offline MaxwellSmart

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 5
Wow, the draft is next week already?....Remember when we sucked pretty bad, and the Draft took Forever to get here?....I haven't even logged on to nbadraft.net in months...By the way, Danny will make the most out of this pick by picking up a replacement for PJ.

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2008, 07:34:19 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Wow, the draft is next week already?....Remember when we sucked pretty bad, and the Draft took Forever to get here?....I haven't even logged on to nbadraft.net in months...By the way, Danny will make the most out of this pick by picking up a replacement for PJ.

Yeh. That is weird.  The Celts played almost a third of a whole season extra.
Yup

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2008, 07:44:22 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
I like the idea of DeVon Hardin... he seems like someone that could thrive learning next to KG and under Clifford Ray.  Could plug into PJ's role if he doesn't come back.  That pick would make one of Powe/BBD even more dispensable though.

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2008, 07:48:22 PM »

Offline Actionjakson

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25
courtney lee. I see him being a Rodney Stuckey type player. He could possible make an impact rookie year.
“We don't see ourselves as four All-Stars. We see ourselves as one unit. It's like five fingers on a hand. You can do more damage together as a fist than spread out flat.”
- Rasheed Wallace

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2008, 07:54:11 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
As a Kansas fan. I am hoping that the trend continues and that 3 year college player slides and we steal Brandon Rush. Danny as always will find a solid player at 30..

As a Kansas detractor (I'm a Mizzou guy)...blah, I can't help but admit that I'd really like to see and would happily root for Brandon Rush in a Celtics uniform -- under the condition that this team can truly convince itself that his injury history isn't likely to come back to bite the C's.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2008, 08:12:00 PM »

Offline oldmanspeaks

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 70
I am expecting that Danny will either move up a few spots or trade down a few spots. This is a highly unusually deep draft with a lot of "maybe very good" players. Since the Celtics don't have a pick next year and will have to use the MLE to sign Posey (not signing him is beyond my comprehension) they need a young backup center with upside. To get it the Celtics will have to trade up some spots. Even if the want a long term swing player, they will have to trade up to get ahead of Detroit.

It is just a "feeling" but I think Danny will move up or down. It is not his nature to just go with the flow.

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2008, 08:16:03 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!

Well look at it this way... We'll all be sitting around for probably close to three hours waiting for our pick to come up. So instead of the actual draft taking forever to get here, it'll just be our pick. Just like old times!