Author Topic: Conduct In The Game Threads Forum  (Read 173109 times)

Re: Conduct In The Game Threads Forum
« Reply #75 on: March 23, 2019, 10:15:00 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Well, I know have I practically stopped posting all together. This is my choice and my displeasure with trolls stirring the pot during times of chaos for our team. It is one thing to make constructive posts about things they are unhappy with, it is an entirely other thing to belittle and throw oil on a fire when wounds are open. This to me is not what this commmunity was built on and it is eerlily simliar too, and a mirror reflection of what we see on news sites as well. Blatant disregard for caring and more of an open outlet to lash out and throw pointed daggars towards someone not you.

Sonsosamhorn is a community of Sox fans but to get to the point of posting in certain areas, you need to earn it. You cannot simply show up and start posting in game threads or posting in main areas. Respect is earned and then you are rewarded with full membership. It is apparent anyone can post here without a trial period. It is also apparent to me that certain trolls are allowed in as well. Oil on fire is there goal and they do it well.

Ignore button is a personal thing. If I choose not to see anothers point of view, why not give me that right to block them. I can then do my own trial for new people and if I find them respectful no matter their view,, I will allow it. If I find them out for blood during painful times for fans, I would like to block them.

My time is as close to up as ever here...I am but one person, but I am not going to continue to be a part of a site where vicious behavior is allowed without some sort of blocking or removal. We have truly lost our way in this site and it is sadly mirroring what is going on in our world today.
The recent behavior you are discussing is not a new thing. Look at the post preceding your post. The poster is quoting a quote from 8 years ago.

The games threads were just awful to be in going as far back as the 2010 season. The negativity was vicious. The pure malice subsided while the team rebuilt but the negativity was still there. I think the unmet expectations of this year have made the game threads a tough place again.

I will say the staff does try like heck to keep things civil across the board. There are not a lot of us and there are a LOT of posts. We try.

Re: Conduct In The Game Threads Forum
« Reply #76 on: March 23, 2019, 10:21:09 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
Well, I know have I practically stopped posting all together. This is my choice and my displeasure with trolls stirring the pot during times of chaos for our team. It is one thing to make constructive posts about things they are unhappy with, it is an entirely other thing to belittle and throw oil on a fire when wounds are open. This to me is not what this commmunity was built on and it is eerlily simliar too, and a mirror reflection of what we see on news sites as well. Blatant disregard for caring and more of an open outlet to lash out and throw pointed daggars towards someone not you.

Sonsosamhorn is a community of Sox fans but to get to the point of posting in certain areas, you need to earn it. You cannot simply show up and start posting in game threads or posting in main areas. Respect is earned and then you are rewarded with full membership. It is apparent anyone can post here without a trial period. It is also apparent to me that certain trolls are allowed in as well. Oil on fire is there goal and they do it well.

Ignore button is a personal thing. If I choose not to see anothers point of view, why not give me that right to block them. I can then do my own trial for new people and if I find them respectful no matter their view,, I will allow it. If I find them out for blood during painful times for fans, I would like to block them.

My time is as close to up as ever here...I am but one person, but I am not going to continue to be a part of a site where vicious behavior is allowed without some sort of blocking or removal. We have truly lost our way in this site and it is sadly mirroring what is going on in our world today.
The recent behavior you are discussing is not a new thing. Look at the post preceding your post. The poster is quoting a quote from 8 years ago.

The games threads were just awful to be in going as far back as the 2010 season. The negativity was vicious. The pure malice subsided while the team rebuilt but the negativity was still there. I think the unmet expectations of this year have made the game threads a tough place again.

I will say the staff does try like heck to keep things civil across the board. There are not a lot of us and there are a LOT of posts. We try.
I, for one, certainly don't envy the jobs you mods have. I just think sports as a hobby will always be toxic in a sense, especially on blogs like this. Lots of people use sports as a way to relieve stress and lash out in ways that they can't in any other area of life. As a side note, I really think an ignore button would be a good solution to a lot of people's problem. Some people simply don't enjoy the barrage of negativity some individual poster show here.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum