Poll

Would you  trade Jaylen Brown with a first for jimmy Butler if it keeps Kyrie with the Celtics?

Yes
3 (4.5%)
No
57 (85.1%)
Only if Jimmy  and Kyrie  signed long term with thr Celtics
7 (10.4%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Author Topic: If it meant keeping Kyrie, would you trade Jaylen Brown for Jimmy Butler?  (Read 18444 times)

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
So there was that report from the Chicago Sun Times I think it was, mainly about Jimmy Butler and how he has no intention of signing an extension with Minnesota, that he underestimated how much "growing" guys like Towns and Wiggins still need to do and he doesn't want to wait.

And there was the little nugget in there that him and Kyrie are still talking about trying to join forces and take over the East now that Lebron is gone, whether it be in Boston or somewhere else.

First of all, let me just say that I'm getting a little tired of these stories coming out that all seem to revolve around Kyrie leaving.  Second, there's really only 1 thing that's stopping me from doing that deal, and that's the health factor of Butler.  He's got a bit of an injury history, but his comes from all his years playing under Thibs.  Because as we've seen in Minnesota and Chicago, Thibs has ZERO idea how to manage minutes and absolutely runs his players into the ground.

So already Butler would be coming here with a lot of miles under him for someone who turns 29 in September.  Honestly, even if it means losing Kyrie, I still think I'd rather have Brown.  Brown I think may have a higher ceiling than Butler, or at least the chance of, because Butler I think has reached his.  What's sort of annoying is that this deal wouldn't really be anything about Butler, or Brown...it'd solely be a move to keep Irving here and happy.

Of course, this is only if we believe this report. 
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 07:55:53 AM by mahonedog88 »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
No thanks to trading for Butler in order to appease Kyrie.  It would need to be a pure basketball move that Danny believes in regardless of circumstance.  Danny and Brad have done nothing but improve this team every season since they have been together.  I don't like the message it would send to Horford, Hayward, Tatum etc.  If the current roster isn't enough for Kyrie then that's fine (not saying I believe the rumors).  Could Kyrie ask for a better group of young talent and coaching?

Losing Kyrie would be a tough blow but do we really want him if he needs to play with Butler?  We have plenty of young talent and assets to make things work regardless.  I have faith in Danny and Brad to make the best of any situation. 

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Might depend on money,  but basically no

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146
I wish all these Kyrie speculation would go away.

Is like the Media wants this guy out of Boston, and preferably go to NY.

....not sure why; the Cs are the league only hope for a competitive 2019 NBA FINALS.

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
We have a GM we don't need a player gm. No.

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Nope.

I would rather trade Kyrie and all this drama for Karl Towns if this persists.   They get what they want and we get our big and Rozier will be cheaper.  Tatum can be the alpha dog down the road.

Offline CelticD

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
If I'm not mistaken Brown and Butler are friends as well. I remember them working out on the beach before JB's rookie season. I can't imagine Butler would be cool joining Kyrie if it meant sending Brown somewhere he didn't want to be.

Maybe something centered around Rozier/Smart + filler? But that would mean someone would have to come off the bench.

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
If I'm not mistaken Brown and Butler are friends as well. I remember them working out on the beach before JB's rookie season. I can't imagine Butler would be cool joining Kyrie if it meant sending Brown somewhere he didn't want to be.

Maybe something centered around Rozier/Smart + filler? But that would mean someone would have to come off the bench.
Pretty much this so tp.

I'd guess Morris, Rozier, Smart (@ 11 million s&t), and kings pick + C's 1st would get team Butler.

Then sign IT.

Irving, Butler, Hayward, Tatum, Horford
IT, Brown, Semi, Theis, Baynes
Wanna, Bird, Yab, Bob

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Then sign IT.

I doubt he wants to come off the bench.

'd guess Morris, Rozier, Smart (@ 11 million s&t), and kings pick + C's 1st would get team Butler.

It would also crater our bench, way to much to pay.

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Then sign IT.

I doubt he wants to come off the bench.

'd guess Morris, Rozier, Smart (@ 11 million s&t), and kings pick + C's 1st would get team Butler.

It would also crater our bench, way to much to pay.
I named the bench. Other than PG it's solid.

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Yeah, let’s get 8 years older and less athletic by trading Jaylen Brown for Jimmy Butler.

No thank you.

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
If Kyrie really wants Butler over Brown, then let’s trade Kyrie for some picks.

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
No. If Kyrie doesn’t want to be here, trade him.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Another 12 months of this crap  to try and stir up so much crap Kyrie runs for the exit- The media is in a get Kyrie out of Boston kick and I am beyond sick of it- I bet Kyrie is fed up as well and he is probably like this microscope is getting awfully claustrophobic.

I do not trade Brown for Butler ever. Brown will be better and is cost controlled.

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
No, I'd pack Kyrie's bags to keep Jaylen and Tatum.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA