Author Topic: Baynes broke his nose in Game 6  (Read 871 times)

Baynes broke his nose in Game 6
« on: May 28, 2018, 03:16:34 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Quote from: Jay King
Aron Baynes said he broke his nose during Game 6. He’s going for surgery soon.

https://twitter.com/byjayking/status/1001125029407584256?s=21

I guess that explains his limited minutes in game 7.  Hopefully we can give him enough to bring him back next year, we need that kind of toughness!

Anyone have any guesses as to which play it happened on?
I'm bitter.

Re: Baynes broke his nose in Game 6
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 03:28:35 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1482
The guy is tough.  Nothing about it before the game.  He just went out there and played.  He played well in the 1st quarter, and if we was able to play at all, I am still wondering why he didn't play more.  I guess with our offensive woes he wasn't the guy to give us points in the 3rd and 4th.

I really hope he is back next year.  I see him as a part time / occasional starter depending on matchups.  I don't think it is set in stone that we are starting KI / Brown / Hayward / Tatum / Horford every game.  We need his toughness and size and def ability.

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 03:35:38 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
yeah and the team 'leader' could not wait for the off-season to get his nose surgery.

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 03:37:13 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
yeah and the team 'leader' could not wait for the off-season to get his nose surgery.
agreed

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2018, 03:44:34 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
Nose breaks are underratedly awful.

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2018, 03:51:22 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1002

Yup let's trade Kyrie and have Terry Rozier as our starting PG for our future! I will enjoy watching Rozier go 0-10 from downtown, and scoring only 4pts in the most critical game of the series!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2018, 04:09:33 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Baynes doing something above and beyond the call of duty does not make Kyrie a bad person for not doing it. Not wanting to continue suffering through a deviated septum (and wanting to have the surgery early enough that it doesn't effect his knee rehab) doesn't make Kyrie worse

Not to mention that that surgery was likely booked months or weeks ago, when yesterday was expected to be the offseason for us.

Unless you think Kyrie scheduled a surgery specifically to miss Game 7 of the ECF, which would be a ridiculous stance to take.
I'm bitter.

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2018, 04:13:57 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Man, Baynes is tough.

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2018, 04:14:53 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

Yup let's trade Kyrie and have Terry Rozier as our starting PG for our future! I will enjoy watching Rozier go 0-10 from downtown, and scoring only 4pts in the most critical game of the series!
and i bet rozier would NEVER miss showing up for a game he is not playing in just to get nose surgery either!!!!!!!!  ::)
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2018, 04:16:29 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

i did not call for a trade, but if you are getting millions of dollars to work, at least show some support for your team. Geeze.

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2018, 04:20:46 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

Baynes doing something above and beyond the call of duty does not make Kyrie a bad person for not doing it. Not wanting to continue suffering through a deviated septum (and wanting to have the surgery early enough that it doesn't effect his knee rehab) doesn't make Kyrie worse

Not to mention that that surgery was likely booked months or weeks ago, when yesterday was expected to be the offseason for us.

Unless you think Kyrie scheduled a surgery specifically to miss Game 7 of the ECF, which would be a ridiculous stance to take.

make all the excuses you want, bottom line is the season is not over for the team until the last game. He is a member of the team, injured or not. Bad look. He either does not really care about being there for the team, or he scheduled the surgery because he did not expect the team to be there. Frankly I do not know which is worse.

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2018, 04:21:35 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

and i bet rozier would NEVER miss showing up for a game he is not playing in just to get nose surgery either!!!!!!!!  ::)

Rozier? What does this have to do with Rozier?