Author Topic: Guilty Pleasure: Cavs fans crying over Nets pick  (Read 19760 times)

Guilty Pleasure: Cavs fans crying over Nets pick
« on: November 30, 2017, 05:05:49 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
We know this all too well...

http://realcavsfans.com/community/index.php?threads/welcome-2018-brooklyn-nets-1st-round-pick.48261/page-124

Some quotes:

"All the other bad teams play like they don’t give a Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. but BKN brings playoff effort every night. They have massive injuries and it makes no difference because they just try WAY harder

Trade the Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.n pick tired of watching these dudes"

"Also, man... the Nets aren't a bottom five team, Jae Crowder can't shoot, IT is still a question mark, and Zizic can't get on the floor."

"[dang] its over,,,I'm making my prediction on the pick,,,it falls between 7 and 10."

"Dallas was supposed to be a better team than them. They get healthy and suddenly they look like the 9th or 10th worst team. They're missing 3 starters right now, no reason they should have won in Dallas other than they play hard and are well coached. It's gonna keep them from getting anywhere near the bottom."

"The Nets have a team full of Lester Hudsons. Just when you think your team shouldn't win a [dang] game, Lester Hudson shows up to Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. up your tank."

"All I know is - IT better come in and help pick Crowder up off the floor, tear things up and turn the Cavs into a team that can truly threaten GS - because if not, the way this pick is trending we may have gotten completely worked over on the Kyrie trade. Still a lot of time to accurately judge the trade but early returns are concerning."
"I can't believe they're gonna end up keeping this Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ty pick."

Re: Guilty Pleasure: Cavs fans crying over Nets pick
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 05:15:10 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1956
The Lester Hudson comment is hilarious.  These comments remind me of the sky is falling types of comments here last season when the Nets managed to win a bunch of games early in the season.

The Nets do indeed play hard under Atkinson, who I think has been doing a good job over there.  After rooting against them for so long, I'd like to see them have a good season especially now that it's at the Cavs expense.  Go Nets!

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 05:23:03 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
The Lester Hudson comment is kind of a false analogy though. The Nets don't own their pick and thus aren't tanking.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 05:23:22 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Hahahaha. Thanks for Kyrie. Enjoy Anthony Bennett 2.0

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 05:38:07 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
Great. Just great.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2017, 05:40:16 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Fans are fans no matter who they root for.

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2017, 05:46:29 PM »

Online rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Dinwiddie’s underrated IMO

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2017, 05:59:00 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
Cavs lost that trade unless IT brings them a ring. Everything pointed to that pick being anywhere from 5-10 before the lottery results.

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2017, 06:04:18 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Complaining about an unprotected lottery pick from a bad team is silly.  Especially so from Cavs fans considering their lottery luck.  As long as its top 10, they ought to get a good prospect. 

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2017, 06:07:27 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Cavs lost that trade unless IT brings them a ring. Everything pointed to that pick being anywhere from 5-10 before the lottery results.
Considering Kyrie demanded to be traded, they actually got a good return assuming IT comes back and performs reasonably well this season. 

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2017, 06:38:23 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
I posted something like this when trade first went down.  There is a pretty good chance this could go horrible for cavs.  Worst case scenario:
IT plays there for partial year and moves on for payday or I hope not for his sake but never gets back to last years level
Lebron sees this and the way team is currently playing, moves to another team
Zizic never works out
Draft pick...

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2017, 06:42:38 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
Cavs lost this trade the moment Kyrie requested to be traded.

There was zero chance of them bringing back anything equal to losing a young superstar and franchise cornerstone.  They were backed into a corner and they lost this trade before it even happened.

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2017, 06:43:16 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I am loving this so much.

:)

TP for the OP!

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2017, 06:48:59 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
I posted something like this when trade first went down.  There is a pretty good chance this could go horrible for cavs.  Worst case scenario:
IT plays there for partial year and moves on for payday or I hope not for his sake but never gets back to last years level
Lebron sees this and the way team is currently playing, moves to another team
Zizic never works out
Draft pick...

Pretty confident that last year was IT's career season. Meaning, he will never have as good of a season, and surely not a better one. Not sure he ever makes another all star team.  Would almost bet against it.

Crowder is who he is, which is who he's been all along. He got more love here than he might have deserved, aside from just giving effort every night. Respect for that, but that's his role, so... yeah.

Lebron was likely gone either way.

Zizic and a pick.

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2017, 06:55:29 PM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
Cavs lost this trade the moment Kyrie requested to be traded.

There was zero chance of them bringing back anything equal to losing a young superstar and franchise cornerstone.  They were backed into a corner and they lost this trade before it even happened.

You couldn't be more correct.  Thankfully, Danny's assets were ready and waiting to pounce on the opportunity and Danny wasn't afraid to let emotions get in the way of business.