Author Topic: Playoff Dates 1st round for Celtics home games  (Read 34497 times)

Re: Playoff Dates 1st round for Celtics home games
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2008, 12:15:07 PM »

Offline maxw318

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 7
Join me in doing a double-dog wish for the C's game being on Sunday, not Saturday.  I have tix for Game 1, but can't go if it's on Saturday.

same here

« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2008, 12:17:17 PM »

Offline shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 73
Join me in doing a double-dog wish for the C's game being on Sunday, not Saturday.  I have tix for Game 1, but can't go if it's on Saturday.

What do you plan on doing with those tix if you cant go?   ;D
When I'm in the gym...I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.

« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2008, 12:19:43 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

I'm with you...although I will still go if its on Saturday, but I would much prefer it on Sunday.

Actually, I am fine with it as long as its not the Saturday 8pm or 10 pm (not that they would do that) slots.  If it's at 3pm or 5:30pm, I could still make it to the show I want to see that night.

« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2008, 12:24:38 PM »

Offline blake

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108

Unless it is your own wedding, I do not see any reason to miss the first game.  Even then, see if you can move your wedding.

« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2008, 01:04:31 PM »

Offline Section 87

• NCE
  • Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 56
After a little more thought, I think the Lakers have to play Sunday. The LA Avengers (AFL) game is at 7:30 PT, and the first NBA game of the day is 3:00 ET, which is 6:00 PT. Not enough time for an early basketball game and an evening football game. So, as I see it, that means that the Lakers, Hornets, Pistons, and Magic will play on Sunday; their arenas are not available on Saturday.

That leaves Saturday for the games in Boston, San Antonio, Utah, and Cleveland. The 10:30 ET game would have to be Utah or San Antonio. So the Celtics will be at 3:00 on ABC, or 5:30 or 8:00 on ESPN. If the Bruins win tomorrow in Montréal, the Celtics would have to play at 3 or 8 to leave time for the bull gang to change between hockey and basketball. I'm hoping that ESPN and the league want LeBron James in prime time. If the Celtics play at 8:00, I'd have to leave early. :(

« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2008, 01:18:05 PM »

Offline Section 87

• NCE
  • Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 56
OOOPS!  :o

Bad math. The early game is 3pm ET, and that's 12noon PT (not 6pm). So maybe the Lakers could play early on Saturday, and still leave time for a late football game in the same arena. Since the actual announcement is less than 12 hours away, maybe I should stop with the bad math and just wait!

« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2008, 01:25:40 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

What do you plan on doing with those tix if you cant go?   ;D
I was thinking about flossing with them  ;)

If I can't play I'm taking my ball and going home.

Nahh, I'll find a home for them. 
Yup

« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2008, 01:27:11 PM »

Offline CT34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
This seems particularly odd to me as I believe that the Sunday night time slots for opening weekend belong to TNT.
-sw

ESPN is scheduled to broadcast games on Saturday at 5:30, 8:00, and 10:30 ET.
TNT is scheduled to broadcast games on Sunday at 5:30, 8:00, and 10:30 ET.

So, a Sunday night game on ESPN would seem unlikely.

Sorry the Cs would get the 8pm Saturday spot on ESPN.  ESPN has Sunday night baseball. 

« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2008, 01:36:47 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

Unless it is your own wedding, I do not see any reason to miss the first game.  Even then, see if you can move your wedding.

Already got me one of them there wives, so I can't use that excuse.  I got these tix months on FirstDibz and spaced out on the date until recently.  I have a family obligation that I'd be pretty hypocritical to bow out on.  Our family is having our Passover Seder that night and it's a nice traditional night for us (though I seem to recall Dad missing out one year so he could go to the Final 4 - but that was different  ??? - he was willing to take all the merciless poop we gave him for going...I'm not for this one...Finals, maybe).  If it's Saturday, I'll miss the game and proudly accept Roy's quote naming me "The Sandy Koufax of Celticsblog". 
Yup

« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2008, 07:00:33 PM »

Offline knewjax

• JD Davison
  • Tommy Points: 0
i have 2 singles to all games if anyone wants to buy them at face value for any games. the seats are only 4 seats apart.

email me at todd.cronin@gmail.com

« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2008, 07:29:53 PM »

Offline Greeny

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 23
  • LETS DO IT AGAIN!
Saturday:
Sox are playing at 7:05pm
Seinfeld is at the Wang center 7:00 pm

Bruins TBA **** This is the key!

Sunday:
Sox are playing at 1:35pm

With the Bruins possible game on Saturday, the NBA has a flexible options to fit the Celtics in on Saturday.

They could always set a time and then move it.
From like 3pm to 8pm or vise versa.

« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2008, 08:52:18 PM »

Offline Team Green

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
could the Bruins play an early afternoon game on Saturday and the Celtics take the 8:00 tip on ESPN?

« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2008, 09:05:21 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
could the Bruins play an early afternoon game on Saturday and the Celtics take the 8:00 tip on ESPN?

Doubtful.  Right now its listed as TBD but if this series goes six, I'm almost positive the NHL will want it showcased in primetime.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2008, 10:06:40 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
i just hope comcast gets the call, could care less about hearing ABC's call. were good for that if ABC doesn't pick it up right?
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2008, 11:03:49 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

Doubtful.  Right now its listed as TBD but if this series goes six, I'm almost positive the NHL will want it showcased in primetime.

Exactly, and I am pretty sure the Bruins have first choice (they own the building afterall.