Author Topic: Langford Out for Remainder of Season  (Read 5065 times)

Re: Langford Out for Remainder of Season
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2020, 08:50:14 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
What a terrible pick in hindsight.  We missed out on Tyler Herro by 1 spot and he absolutely killed us last night.  Instead we drafted the dud.

I think he still has potential barring further injuries.  He plays great defense and can get to the rim and score through contact and draw fouls.  Those are rare skills.  He just needs to improve his jump shot and stay healthy.

« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2020, 09:31:01 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
What a terrible pick in hindsight.  We missed out on Tyler Herro by 1 spot and he absolutely killed us last night.  Instead we drafted the dud.

I think he still has potential barring further injuries.  He plays great defense and can get to the rim and score through contact and draw fouls.  Those are rare skills.  He just needs to improve his jump shot and stay healthy.
key part is staying healthy. 

« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2020, 12:41:54 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Definitely bad news, and what an awful rookie year in terms of injuries, but I'm glad we aren't closing the book on this kid. Someone mentioned Avery Bradley... had an awful rookie year, looked completely out of place, and could barely hit the backboard shooting. Langford at least proved that he can play NBA-quality defense this year.

The draft is largely about luck, even when it comes to a coin flip to determine the 13th vs the 14th pick. The good thing about the Celtics is that they've got a lot of rolls of the dice, with three more coming up in the first round. But really, you'll need some of these to "hit" in the coming years if you want to keep competing at a championship level, whether it be Grant, Romeo, or someone we're about to pick. What Herro is doing to us in this series is evidence of that.
Langford has been injured for the most part of the last 30 months.. it’s a bad sign for his durability.
Also I went on Indycornrows.com to see what Indy locals thought of him and no one seemed to be saying he is good.

Because he isn't. He is going to be a glorified role player at best for the duration of his career IF HE EVER figures it out.
the fact that Herro is already  fast approaching top three of his class in a redraft is just a testament of how bad is our luck of the draft coin toss.  Herro is going to even have a career as good as GH was when he was at Utah. and Langford will be lucky if he even reach Marvin Williams status.
Lol, here you go writing people off early again. How's that Gordon Hayward = ET 2.0 take ageing?

Herro returned to his JJ Redick level of play, which I think is what his career will be. Fluctuating between 15-20PPG with limited passing and pretty bad defence. Langford hasn't come good yet due to injury, but you're so eager to write him off early.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2020, 04:32:09 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

I’ve been a Romeo believer, by I’m starting to lose hope. So many injuries. Maybe his body just isn’t built for the NBA grind.

« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2020, 08:39:29 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
he is very young still and the injuries are not catastrophic IMO ,  he has young , good moves and decent IQ .   He is deceptively good , like Hayward in a quiet way.   I like the fact he goes after rebounds instinctively using his quickness to beat the larger players . Fun guy to watch.