Author Topic: Is Bam injured?  (Read 1376 times)

Is Bam injured?
« on: September 26, 2020, 11:15:03 AM »

Offline CelticsBR

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 35
One of the key diferences between g5 and the others was the production of Bam in the offensive end. Not only he scored less points, but he seemed way less assertive in the offensive end than before.

I know players have off days and some level of variation and effort is expected during the playoffs. However, I can't take the fact Bam hurt his hands at the 4th quarter of game 4 out of my mind. So, could that be the thing slowing him down?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 11:44:55 AM by Donoghus »

Re: Is Bam injuried?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2020, 11:20:50 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
I think he's as 'injured' as Tatum was in the first half of game 4.

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2020, 11:28:39 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Wham Bam thank ya mam

Its time to FREE Tacko .. :)

Re: Is Bam injured?
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2020, 11:49:35 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Imo he looks injured

But also lost. With Celts unravling their zone D

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2020, 12:57:37 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Wham Bam thank ya mam

Its time to FREE Tacko .. :)

TP!

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2020, 01:04:39 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
While Bam has had solid stat lines this series, it seems in most games he will just have one monster quarter and a pretty quiet rest of the game. His stat line last night actually was pretty good (13/8/8), but he never was able to impose his will on the game like in previous games. You saw how the Cs handled a player like Siakam; I'd like to think the Cs were finally able to limit his effectiveness than believe he is 'injured'.

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2020, 01:31:42 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I believe he did indeed get dinged up in game 4. Heat staff probably trying to hide it and he's sucking it up well.

Coach Stevens ought to unleash the Turkish Tornado on him again - Kanter played WELL last game and was key in our win.

Loved Kanter's Spin Move against Bam....I think Robert Parish blushed with pride on that one.

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2020, 02:42:58 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I fear Bam is due for a monster game; he was really hard on himself for his Game 5 performance. Look for the Heat to go to him early and often. To get Theis in foul trouble.

I think Kanter on Bam generally is a bad look for us. Hoping Brad realizes that he can't keep relying on that matchup.  Kanter seems to do best vs Kelly, basically because Kelly has been super cold from 3 this series, and Kanter can man handle him inside.

Still hoping Rob Williams will be given some minutes.  Not playing him Game 5 confusing, but I can't complain too much since we won convincingly, in no small part due to a career night by Theis, and an off night by Bam. I don't expect that to continue, however.