Author Topic: Why does Doc continue to gie Sheed minutes?  (Read 1640 times)

Why does Doc continue to gie Sheed minutes?
« on: February 07, 2010, 04:24:58 PM »

Offline connerhenry43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 163
Another disastrous outing from our "huge" free Agent signing today. He is the laziest basketball player i have ever seen, and remember, i lived through the mark blount era.

brings nothing to the table, no reason for him to be on the floor. BBD at least tries, and as much as i dislike sheldon williams, he might at least rebound.

doc and his love of veterans continues to rear its ugly head.

2 more years of this clown. nice signing, danny.

"Maybe now you'll never slime a guy with a positron collider, huh?"

Re: Why does Doc continue to gie Sheed minutes?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 04:46:35 PM »

Offline scoop

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
I think it's extremely difficult to say to a player with Sheed's reputation, who you just signed to a fairly decent contract and anointed your 6th man, that he's the 5th big - even if he's playing like the 5th big, which in my opinion he is.

I think you let him play, hoping he somehow has a little renaissance in the play-offs, a la Horry in '07 and re-evaluate in the next season. But I do agree: he's been very poor the entire season in pretty much every aspect of the game.

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 04:59:04 PM »

Offline connerhenry43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 163
I think it's extremely difficult to say to a player with Sheed's reputation, who you just signed to a fairly decent contract and anointed your 6th man, that he's the 5th big - even if he's playing like the 5th big, which in my opinion he is.

I think you let him play, hoping he somehow has a little renaissance in the play-offs, a la Horry in '07 and re-evaluate in the next season. But I do agree: he's been very poor the entire season in pretty much every aspect of the game.

doc fired a warning shot earlier this year when he told him to chill with the 3 point shooting. that worked a little bit. why not bench him and send a clear message that laziness and indifference will not be tolerated? they have options, and they would not lose anything. doc is just too stubborn to make a move.

sheed is a failure. 1-6 today, 2 boards. any nbdl player  could do that if you threw them out there.
"Maybe now you'll never slime a guy with a positron collider, huh?"

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 05:10:18 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Has stopped trying on the defensive end...Just within the past 5 or 6 games I havent even been able to keep track of the number of times Sheed has stood under the basket to watch an open layup go through the goal...Incredible.

He has the skill, hes got a good basketball IQ, but where is the effort?

This team needs a shake up...Big time.

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 05:23:10 PM »

Offline scoop

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74

doc fired a warning shot earlier this year when he told him to chill with the 3 point shooting. that worked a little bit. why not bench him and send a clear message that laziness and indifference will not be tolerated? they have options, and they would not lose anything. doc is just too stubborn to make a move.

sheed is a failure. 1-6 today, 2 boards. any nbdl player  could do that if you threw them out there.

I really don't think laziness is a reason for his poor play.

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 05:26:24 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404

I really don't think laziness is a reason for his poor play.
Either do I -- The only early where I dislike his effort is on the backboards but that has been a constant throughout his career.

The lack of perceived effort is physical decline.